Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Whats the max rwhp Walbro 340 intank, hotwire kit, volt booster will support? 725rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whats the max rwhp Walbro 340 intank, hotwire kit, volt booster will support? 725rwhp

I am just trying to see if I can add the hotwire kit and volt booster to support a 200-225 wet shot which "might" be around 725-750rwhp. I dont want to deal with a dual intank or fuel cell just yet. Once I go DP then I will.
So does anyone know what this set up can do? I know the fuel lines are not the issue. I will also have svo 30lb injectors with high flow fuel rails.

thanks

Last edited by SStroked 410; 03-30-2004 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-31-2004, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not the answer you are looking for but why not just buy a nother pump and do dual intank! To me the hotwire and volt booster said like bandaids and that power level. And with the press. drop when spraying would messup that Nos shot and damage the motor!
I think most Nos guys with those power numbers have separate fuel system pump,tank,regulator,lines!
Old 03-31-2004, 11:10 AM
FormerVendor

Please don`t risk it the most one pump and stock lines is safe for is about 650rwhp I have seen a couple customers with the stock lines go lean at 600rwhp. You will need to go to -8 and more pump at that level it is way cheaper than the motor you just built.

Sorry Nate
Old 03-31-2004, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah I see what you guys are saying

its just that I was trying for the longest time to get racetronix dual intank and they dont want to do business.

Does anyone sell a seperate fuel cell kit set up and ready to just install?
Old 03-31-2004, 01:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SStroked 410
Yeah I see what you guys are saying

its just that I was trying for the longest time to get racetronix dual intank and they dont want to do business.

Does anyone sell a seperate fuel cell kit set up and ready to just install?

I'm have never seen anybody sell it as a kit, but several sponsors could build and fit a low pressure fuel system up front for you, Maybe you could get a direct port as well while your at it. Are you close to any sponsors?
Old 03-31-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mike K.
I'm have never seen anybody sell it as a kit, but several sponsors could build and fit a low pressure fuel system up front for you, Maybe you could get a direct port as well while your at it. Are you close to any sponsors?
thats what I though
I am in CA and no sponsor around here
I will get a DP set up maybe later after I get board of a 200-250 shot.
Just having a hard time making up my mind about a fuel cell or pump
right now I am kinda leaning towards a fuel cell.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:59 PM
Restricted User

Stroked- FWIW, although ppl do spray 200 and up on a wet nozzle, or MAF plate/Power Ring whatever, IMO you are safer going with the DP now. I understand where you want this combo to go, and I know you have asked who's all nailed the 200 & + on w/out having a DP, but do you want to be the guy that tried and failed? No. At your stage, it safe to slow down, get a plumbed intake or NoSzle setup and do it right. I would hate to see you posting "tried the 200 and BOOM." I bet Natsy Nate could set up and Intake and fuel cell. Anyway, sorry but thats just my .02

Good luck.

Charlie.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:39 PM
FormerVendor

I have seen too many do it half assed and blown up. Thats why I try my best to provide good info. We could help you out with whatever setup you wanted to do.

Nate
Old 03-31-2004, 09:27 PM
TECH Regular

thanks guys
Nate I will call you soon

I know exactly what you mean. Kinda like buying things used, thats how I got this motor ($2,500 for used Lunati 408) and found out later I needed new pistons. Its better to do things right the first time. Might have to sell this kit and go DP
Old 03-31-2004, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

707 rwhp through 42 lb injectors with single walbro intank and hotwire kit. Pig rich at 11 to 1 AF. Just added the voltage blaster last week to help out a bit. Stock lines, stock rails, stock filter, and its all dry nitrous so its all through the injectors.

Not trying to sway you or anything. Just getting facts out there.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

damn,
so your running a 300 all dry shot right? I wonder if it might be easier to add another n20 noid and run a big dry shot with bigger injectors.

I still havent bought the injectors since I am not sure if I want to gp DP or not so with my set up and a 300 shot 50+lb injectors would be better maybe
sent you a PM 383LQ4SS
Old 04-02-2004, 03:16 PM
TECH Veteran

What would I do? Hmmmm. I would get the Accel Gen7 DFI that has the capabilty to run 2 stages dry though big *** injectors...lol

But...in reality...It depends on your goals. Depending on what you want to do..having the best of all worlds and keeping things semi simple is tough. It may not seem like it but there are twenty or more combos that can achive what you want. Some will be simpler than others, some may be more reliable, some may be safer.

For instance...what are you going to do to retard timing? There are three options that I know of.
1) use the ramchargers TT
2) use the dry nitrous tuning method to retard timing when spraying a dry shot
3) make or change programs using LS1 edit for nitrous use only

Then add to the mix...are you going with two stages?
Dry/wet?
Dry/dry?
wet/wet?
I am a big fan of two or more stages..especially if its a street car and especially if its a manually shifter car.
Is it going to be a race only car?
Anyways...if it were my car and was trying to save a buck but be safe. I would get the 42 lb injectors...get tuned for them. Run a 100-125 shot dry from 3000 to just before redline and run your NX kit 100-125 shot from 4600 to just before redline. Then...use one of the options above for timing retard.

Use all available add ons (volt blaster, hotwire kit) for fuel delivery, stay below 720 rwhp and make plenty of tuning runs on the dyno. With the wet shot you could even check to see how much fuel you have left by going very very rich with the pill selection...say...shoot for 10.5 to1 at the start. If you begin getting leaner even with big jets youll know your at the end of your rope. That will take several dyno runs...but youll have a firm grasp of what your fuel system can handle...then back off accordingly.

A better option that would have more room for growth would be as some have already said. Get a seperate fuel system to put up front to run your wet kit. I would still do 42 lb injectors so that way you could run dual stages dry/wet. You would be able to go from 100/100 all the way to 200/200 is needed. That should be more than enough.

The ultimate would be 42 lb injectors for a 100-200 first stage dry..then a stand alone fuel system for a direct port. Spray up to you hearts desire that way.

This is just a few thoughts...obviously...if we all had money we would have 1500 hp capable fuel systems. Wouldnt that be nice!

Last edited by 383LQ4SS; 04-02-2004 at 03:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:59 PM
TECH Regular

thanks thats very good to know.

What I was thinking about was either getting the timing tuner or I was just going to keep the timing around 20-24 with race gas, as always when spraying.

With my old H/C set up I was able to run a 150 shot with race gas and 28* so I figure if I go with a 200 shot I will goto 25* and 300 shot just leave it at 20-24* depending on how things turn out on the dyno might even have to go lower? I have someone with LS1 edit that will tune my car on the dyno when the time comes. So basicly I could run my 100-150 wet shot single nossle through the bellows like before

and then add a 100 dry but how and where? Could I just add it to the other side of the bellows and use another switch tied into the WOT switch?
This is a street car/once in a while strip car. I like to do 1/4 and highway runs and still be able to take a lil cruise here and there. Yes this is a 6 speed also with stock gearing for now. I would rather do a big one stage but it seems like I will run into problems
like traction, and parts starting to break

Also I could just do 1 stage since I might be over 700rwhp with a 200 shot. Damn so many choices
So basicly I can max out with a 200 shot with that fuel set up
since I am hoping for over 500rwhp n/a
Old 04-12-2004, 02:22 PM
TECH Junkie

I just went and bought this exact same setup...should be going on the car in a few weeks. I'll keep you update on what I can squeeze out of it.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Shorty Director

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Run a 100-125 shot dry from 3000 to just before redline and run your NX kit 100-125 shot from 4600 to just before redline. Then...use one of the options above for timing retard.

Use all available add ons (volt blaster, hotwire kit) for fuel delivery, stay below 720 rwhp and make plenty of tuning runs on the dyno.
Hey!!! Sounds like my old system. You are giving away trade secrets Al..

That setup worked fine for my 348ci and I did not have any problems with fuel. I am going to be running a similar setup for my new motor, but with a standalone fuel system for my wet kit..

Quick Reply: Whats the max rwhp Walbro 340 intank, hotwire kit, volt booster will support? 725rwhp