Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix fuel system?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix fuel system?

I'm currently in the market for a new fuel system setup for my 01 TA (procharged) and was wondering if anyone could give me some advise and chime in on this kit from racetronix. I've done some research but haven't seen much about this kit and if its work it, they also sell a dual pump diy setup I was looking at to go along with it also. Seems like a pretty complete kit for the most part and isn't to expensive. Just looking for a little advise since I am pretty new to building a fuel system

http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...=FLK%2DF99&eq=

I've looked at the squash performance and really like it even though its a little more, it seems really nice for the money and have read nothing but good reviews on it. I want a good setup and only want to do it right once but also want to save as much money as possible seeing that the Air Force doesn't pay all that great

Thanks, Rickey

Last edited by REL89; 05-23-2016 at 01:12 AM. Reason: wrong title
Old 05-23-2016, 09:34 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

How much power?
The components in that kit don't seem to include injectors or fuel pump, which are the 2 main things that need upgraded. You can make a lot of power on stock rails/regulator.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:56 AM
Teching In

last time I had it on the dyno it made 555rwhp and 525ft lbs. Ive got 60lbs injectors, stock rails and regulator, and supposedly dual 255s but have never verified from the previous owner. I took the Aftermarket rails off because they kept leaking. My main concern is the fuel line size because I want to turn the car up here soon. I can get pumps locally through Deatsch werks for a really good deal so I have budgeted for that. How much power can you make on stock rails and regulator?
Old 05-23-2016, 09:59 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

Stock LS1 rails/regulator have been around ~800whp.
A single Walbro 255 flows enough for ~550whp.
60 lb injectors will probably end up being your bottleneck depending on how much fuel pressure you run. They can make 650 to the wheels pretty comfortably before they become a problem.
Old 05-23-2016, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Interesting you brought this topic up. I have had my eye on this recetronix fuel system since the day the announced it months ago. It's new to the market so that's why you haven't heard much. It is a DIY kit without instructions but includes everything you need. As long as you have knowledge of fuel systems shouldn't be a problem setting up. I'm in the middle of a complete overhaul/ls3 swap/weight reduction & cage build right now. I will be purchasing this kit shortly and will let you all know what I think.
Old 05-24-2016, 03:33 AM
Teching In

I will be looking forward to reading your review once you get it all squared away. I feel like its a pretty good deal for everything that it comes with.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Undertow, did you ever get this system setup? I'm in the process of doing an install of this system myself right now. I've been searching for other installs, for ideas regarding the best place to mount the regulator, and the filter, as well as line routing. There are many options, and I was looking to see what others have done, before I cut and finish the hoses!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

No I have not, I got side tracked getting my lvl 6 t56 rebuild back from RPM transmission and other odds/ends on my new engine build. I am still going to get this kit, just got sidetracked getting my ls3 together. Let me know!

Quick Reply: Racetronix fuel system?