Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Low fuel pressure after Racetronix 255 pump

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Low fuel pressure after Racetronix 255 pump

I followed every instruction and the car started up and since I just did a cam swap my car ran rough and I didn't realize I had low pressure. Well I made it to the shop to get a tune today and the car was running very lean after he pulled tons of fuel . So we went to see what the pressure was at the rails and it was around 40-45 then under some acceleration it's dropping down .

My question to you guys is what would you check first ? I'm about to grab a new fuel filter because I don't know how old it is ( it was fine before swapping the fuel pump though ) and I'm going to pull the pump again to see if something came loose.

I was just pissed that it had to do this while on the dyno and waste my tuners time and I've been itching to drive my car.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I have had a slight leak right where the hose goes from the pump to the bulk head line. I found it by dropping the tank and turning the key on with the pump pulled just far enough to watch the under side. I have also seen the regulator clip come partially loose can leak by just enough to lower fuel pressure down around 45psi. Racetronics will be no help at all. There products rock but there customer service is extremely **** poor. I wish they had a good competitor.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:27 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts

They may not see the thread, but we have.

We do offer quite a bit of support, whether we sell the product or not.

What cody said is true. Sometimes the reg holder can be oblong or leak. Sometimes it can fail also. We do sell ne regs, just not the housing. Sometimes the jet pump line can come off or get pinched as well. I have seen quite a few issues that were chalked up to "installer error" but honestly you cant look for every issue all the time when you are installing something. Accidents happen and we understand that.

I would check in the first places mentioned above. If you have any more problems, let me know or email me
Rpmspeedtech@gmail.com
Old 05-14-2017, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks guys for some suggestions I'll be wrenching on it soon to figure this out.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

So far did a little work and noticed the power wire into the pump wasn't all the way pushed in so I did that , I also put a hose clamp very tight on top of the bulk head because I didn't like the clamp provided with the pump and I installed a new fuel filter which the gas that came out of the filter seemed slightly dirty. I went to start it up and sitting around 35-40 psi still.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:44 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

The best way to test the fpr to make sure its not leaking and ok is to put the module in a bucket with fuel in it, turn it on or apply power, and see if it leaks.
If fuel comes out the top if it, then its bad.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
The best way to test the fpr to make sure its not leaking and ok is to put the module in a bucket with fuel in it, turn it on or apply power, and see if it leaks.
If fuel comes out the top if it, then its bad.
I'll check it out tomm morning ! I'm super glad I supported you guys and got my pump and hood a few weeks ago from your store !
Old 05-22-2017, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sometimes I need to stop over thinking and check basic stuff. All it was is the regulator. I must have bumped the clip and the o ring wasn't sitting flush and had a slight opening . I started it up and got 63 psi and under some throttle I got 57-58. Thanks guys for the help !!! Now just need to swap injectors and get rid of these crappy 19lb mustang injectors the guy I bought it from put on and put 42lb I bought then back to the dyno.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Glad it was simple and that we could help!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tech@WS6store
Glad it was simple and that we could help!
Yes I greatly appreciate the support !!

Quick Reply: Low fuel pressure after Racetronix 255 pump