Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

42lb injectors? delphi or svo? Delphi is cheaper!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 42lb injectors? delphi or svo? Delphi is cheaper!!

I like the price of the delphi racetronix 42lb injector! Is there that big of a difference!!!!!!
Thank You!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes Racetronix is cheaper, but also a bitch to tune....people have problems tuning these... Something to do with pulse width. I'd go with SVO's myself.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I was able to find some good prices on e-bay for 42 lb svo injectors. I think it was $297 out of a place in Orlando. A tuner that I called also recommended svo but didn't say why.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSS
Yes Racetronix is cheaper, but also a bitch to tune....people have problems tuning these... Something to do with pulse width. I'd go with SVO's myself.
Do you have any idea how many of these we sell to LS1 owners who do not have problems. 1000's! Only a small handful of people seem to have problems tuning them. This is no more the case than with any other injector out there. These issues seem to be with people who take the DIY approach to tuning w/o much experience. Our dealers do not have problems with the injectors and they sell and tune hundreds of sets every year. The success rate is pretty good with the Delphi injectors considering the #'s sold vs. the small handful of people who have issues. The tolerance on the disc injector is inherently much better than a pintle injector along with a few other advantages.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-19-2005, 09:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, great, care to put up few configurations for the few popular sizes then? I think I know how to do it (aka done it few times with sucess, but never on racetronix injectors), but I'd like to see your way of doing it.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

interested to see slopes, injector comp batt voltages, as well as flowrates vs delta p and minimum pulsewidths of the delphi injectors.

Ryan
Old 05-20-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm interested as well. Would be very nice of Racetronix to give some hints and clues on how to tune their injectors to all of us -the "DIY" people.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm interested as well. Would be very nice of Racetronix to give some hints and clues on how to tune their injectors to all of us -the "DIY" people.
Sorry, but we don't get involved in tuning cars here. We distribute injectors all over the world to be used in 100's of different vehicles not just LS1's. Most of the info people are looking for here is specific to the LS1 PCM only. LS1 specific information is best obtained from one of our dealers who specializes in the LS1 vehicles such as Thunder Racing.

>WEB SITE<

Last edited by Racetronix; 05-20-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-20-2005, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

so you don't support your products directly? So what do i do if i didn't purchase your injectors from TR, why would they support it? i don't know if i wanna buy anything from a company that doesn't support their product... do you at least give technical specs so i can try to figure it out myself? What is your return policy (if i can't figure it out)?
Old 05-20-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

i know alot of local import guys like these injecters. Im considering them. I get alot of positive feedback from lucas and SVOs from other LS1 people. I dont know anyone with racetronics though. I may be a first.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by MakoLS1
i know alot of local import guys like these injecters. Im considering them. I get alot of positive feedback from lucas and SVOs from other LS1 people. I dont know anyone with racetronics though. I may be a first.
We don't make injectors here. We distribute and flow-match Delphi and Siemens injectors.

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-20-2005, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Most of the info people are looking for here is specific to the LS1 PCM only.
Well no kidding, this is an LS1 devoted website.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you are a sponsor here, right? Even if you aren't, with a screen name like Racetronix what do you expect-of course guys are going to ask you for information. Do you think a pat answer will placate all the 'good ole boys' that ask for help on these forums? If you don't want to work outside of office hours I suggest you change your screen name to BOB or something less leading. You want to have your cake and eat it too, you must be Liberal...
Old 05-20-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Sorry, i wasnt' asking for ls1 specific information, but flow data based on testing the injectors in a lab environment.

I have it for the lime green 42's and deka 60's, so i'll just use those injectors instead.

Ryan
Old 05-21-2005, 08:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, I was gonna give racetronix a try, but after seeing their responses I simply won't do it !
If Racetronix expects me to buy injectors from them, and give no support in terms of some simple "flow data", then I'll go with other brand.

Sorry - Seems like Racetronix doesn't give a damn, and I've wasted enough time on this crap already.

Peace !
Old 05-21-2005, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea, I was gonna give racetronix a try, but after seeing their responses I simply won't do it !
If Racetronix expects me to buy injectors from them, and give no support in terms of some simple "flow data", then I'll go with other brand.

Sorry - Seems like Racetronix doesn't give a damn, and I've wasted enough time on this crap already.

Peace !
You're right they don't give a damn, that's why they offer the best prices around on fueling products for our cars.
That's why they come up with integral fueling units for cars that need to take the extra step in horsepower but don't want to buy a complete Weldon or Aeromotive setup.
Any tuner that's worth their salt, usually needs to know one thing in order to find out what injector to use.
How much horsepower are you trying to make?
Call Accel or better yet call Summit and ask them for a flow rate on those SVO's.
Are you building some massive sequentially fired turbo beast that you're fine tuning thru your XFI?
I can't imagine that's the case if you're talking about 42 lbs.
He does everything thru email and paypal, wouldn't that tell you he doesn't have a dedicated staff of twenty people with 24hr tech assistance?
Even Precision turbo only gives you info if you pay for it, ie- custom matched sets.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You people are too much. Always so ready to pounce on vendors and accuse them of the worst. Get them all P/O'd and try to back them into a corner. Great way to motivate them to help! It's no wonder so many are as active as Racetronix is when it comes to online support

All these questions were posed to Delphi and Siemens years ago and neither of them are willing to go to the trouble of providing this information. We have data on other brands of injectors and none of them provide this type of information. Racetronix is not the only distributor of these product lines. There are many other vendors who have been selling Delphi and Siemens injectors for years. This being the case why is it that this type of information is not common knowledge? There are 1000's of customers out there who bought injectors from other vendors who have this information and would have posted it by now??? How is it that so many tuners are able to get these types of injectors running w/o this information using the factory calibrations?

Racetronix is only guilty of one thing and that is bringing the price of injectors down to the $30-$35 range each when for years people were paying over $40 each. We are not withholding information and we are constantly pushing the manufacturers to provide more detailed information on their dated injector products so that they can keep up with the new technology in today's PCM's. Our web ads are the most technically verbose we have seen to date and we will continue to add information as it becomes available.

>WEB SITE<
Old 05-22-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Old 05-23-2005, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Do you have any idea how many of these we sell to LS1 owners who do not have problems. 1000's! Only a small handful of people seem to have problems tuning them. This is no more the case than with any other injector out there. These issues seem to be with people who take the DIY approach to tuning w/o much experience. Our dealers do not have problems with the injectors and they sell and tune hundreds of sets every year. The success rate is pretty good with the Delphi injectors considering the #'s sold vs. the small handful of people who have issues. The tolerance on the disc injector is inherently much better than a pintle injector along with a few other advantages.
You can add me to the list of people having trouble
I bought my 37 lb Racetronix trough THUNDER for my 93 Z speed density car
the guy that is tuning my car has tuned quite a few cars in town and seems to know what he is doing i can't seem to get my car to run in gear runs great while in park but as soon as you put it in gear the AFR goes to **** and the veh stalls
hell i put the stock injector back in the car and even though the cars is tuned for the 37lb and not the 24lb the veh still runs when i put it into drive

So is just me or is there something really screwy whith these things?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So is just me or is there something really screwy whith these things?
It's not you... Injectors simply are not "Do It Yourself" friendly as our friend from Racetronix mentioned in this thread....pretty much you gotta pay $500 for a professional tuning to tune their injectors. If you're lucky you'll get them to work.

Go with SVO injectors..they are almost "plug-and-play"
Old 05-23-2005, 01:50 PM
On The Tree

It's not you... Injectors simply are not "Do It Yourself" friendly as our friend from Racetronix mentioned in this thread....pretty much you gotta pay $500 for a professional tuning to tune their injectors. If you're lucky you'll get them to work.

Go with SVO injectors..they are almost "plug-and-play"
**** i spent more money on the racetronix than i would have on the svo doesn't make much sence to pay more for programing too. thats just stupid
I think i want my money back! so i can just buy the svo unless i can get some assistance.
thats just bad business on racetronix part

Last edited by BOTTLEDZ; 05-23-2005 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply: 42lb injectors? delphi or svo? Delphi is cheaper!!