Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

900 hp fuel system?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 900 hp fuel system?

1st off i am extremly new to these motors. so i was wondering what a good fuel system would be. i plan on using an ls6 intake for my turbo build and would like to see about 900 hp. what i need to know is what injectors and system could support the power. i have seen guys on here that make systems, maybe you could chime in?

after reading around on gm high tech's web site i cam across a firebird thats makes they power i am looking for and he's using 2 Walbro 255-lph pumps and Delphi 96-lb injectors and tuning it with the big stuff 3. anyone have any input on if this would be a good route to go and maybe some pros and cons?

Last edited by Jordan81; 12-04-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

2 Walbro in the tank
-8 Y into -10 feed to right side fuel rail
-8 cross over to left rail
-8 to FPR
stock feed line as return
96lb injectors with driver, stock computer

That's my system. The same system made over 1000 on a different car.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ditto. Except... if you are not drawing a lot of the fuel from those dual Walbros, the stock fuel line as a return line may cause unusually high fuel pressure. You may want a seperate -6 line for a return.

I had that problem with dual walbros on my Supra running 84lb injectors and on my current F-body with a Boost-a-pump. The new -6 return fixed the problem in both cases.

Originally Posted by Firechikn
2 Walbro in the tank
-8 Y into -10 feed to right side fuel rail
-8 cross over to left rail
-8 to FPR
stock feed line as return
96lb injectors with driver, stock computer

That's my system. The same system made over 1000 on a different car.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nasty performance has various systems. APS has a system out for that power level.
Also 60 pound injectors might be a bit past their range if you are talking 900rwhp think 60s can do 900 engine. And racetronix now offers 79 pound high impedence no converter needed. Past that you need to go to converter and get say 96 pounders.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:51 PM
Teching In

well the car has no gas tank right now, so i was gonna run a fuel cell with maybe some barry grant pumps or something similar. we have a barry grant pump (can't remember the exact pump) on our race car and it makes around 680 hp to the wheels, and thats with a single pump. but then again we don't need a whole lot pressure like i would with the turbo.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
Nasty performance has various systems. APS has a system out for that power level.
Also 60 pound injectors might be a bit past their range if you are talking 900rwhp think 60s can do 900 engine. And racetronix now offers 79 pound high impedence no converter needed. Past that you need to go to converter and get say 96 pounders.
yeah i checked those out, pretty high dollar stuff. i was thinking usuing some of the stuff i have left over and little things like that to save on costs.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Call nasty performance, nate will fix you up
Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can set you up with a fully assembled & tested twin intank setup & wiring harness kit that will have no problem feeding your engine.

If you want to upgrade the entire fuel system, I can also provide a complete kit including all the parts you need including braided lines, fittings, regulator, fuel rails & filter.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Lonnies Performance
I can set you up with a fully assembled & tested twin intank setup & wiring harness kit that will have no problem feeding your engine.

If you want to upgrade the entire fuel system, I can also provide a complete kit including all the parts you need including braided lines, fittings, regulator, fuel rails & filter.
If I already have an intake walbro 255 and hotwire kit, how much would it cost to convert to a dual walbro setup? Doing a turbo setup now and going to need more fuel
Old 12-05-2007, 12:43 PM
FormerVendor

If you do not have a tank now we offer full race tanks that are a direct fit for the F-body. Couple that with a complete Race Kit and you will be good to whatever HP we set it up for. Give me a call I will help you get the system you need.

Wannabess- The dual Walbro kits requires different pumps and wiring harness as it runs both pumps individually. We need to start with 2 new pumps and you can sell your current pump and harness to offset the cost.

Nate
Old 12-05-2007, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nasty N8
Wannabess- The dual Walbro kits requires different pumps and wiring harness as it runs both pumps individually. We need to start with 2 new pumps and you can sell your current pump and harness to offset the cost.

Nate
I just looked at your site, do the fuel rails need to be modded to be able to make 800rwhp. I'm going to run a GTS76 or equivalent to eventually make 800-900rwhp, but mostly going to run around between 600-700rwhp. I'm also going to be running an meth kit, so that should take some stress of the fuel system correct?
Old 12-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Teching In

would the Stage 3 Street kit work for my application? its gonna be ran with an 88mm turbo and as of right now we would only be looking for mid 9's until we get the car sorted out. also i checked out your gas tanks and i'm afraid those are out of my budget, so would it be a lot of work to buy a stock tank and sump it with your pumps? from what i have read i really need intank pumps cause the BGs just won't cut it with the pressure we will need.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if your looking to get to 800+ get some aftermarket rails, your 255 pump will work fine, you just need to add another one. I dont know why you would have to buy 2 new pumps? if your worried have yours pressure tested, but im sure its ok, your going to need a boost ref. pressure regulator also to keep rail pressure up. you should be able to use your stock feed line, just change over the end to adapt to your aftermarket rails, and add a return line from the rail to the tank
Old 12-12-2007, 05:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by lmt0705
if your looking to get to 800+ get some aftermarket rails, your 255 pump will work fine, you just need to add another one. I dont know why you would have to buy 2 new pumps? if your worried have yours pressure tested, but im sure its ok, your going to need a boost ref. pressure regulator also to keep rail pressure up. you should be able to use your stock feed line, just change over the end to adapt to your aftermarket rails, and add a return line from the rail to the tank
Was that directed at me? Also this is for an lt1...
Old 12-13-2007, 11:51 AM
FormerVendor

The meth kit will but why when you will have a fuel system up to the potential of your HP goals? You will need to have the fuel rails modded for over 700hp range.

Originally Posted by Jordan81
would the Stage 3 Street kit work for my application? its gonna be ran with an 88mm turbo and as of right now we would only be looking for mid 9's until we get the car sorted out. also i checked out your gas tanks and i'm afraid those are out of my budget, so would it be a lot of work to buy a stock tank and sump it with your pumps? from what i have read i really need intank pumps cause the BGs just won't cut it with the pressure we will need.
An 88mm is capable of big power and should be fed correctly. I would not rec. the stage3 kit as you will need more fuel and alot of that kit will not be sufficent when you turn up the power. Be careful sumping a stock tank I have seen several have issues with it and after coating so it does not rust from welding it ends up costing close to what you would have spent on one of our tanks. (whitch are on sale right now ) We have pumps that will make alot of power and provide plenty of pressure. Always use a single pump if possible.Give me a call I can help you guys out getting your systems straight.

Nate

Quick Reply: 900 hp fuel system?