Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Where to get the best price on 9 inch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where to get the best price on 9 inch?

Having my car assembled here in the next few weeks, and the motor i am swapping in made 480whp in the previous car. I know i cant track my car and i am not planning on it with my 10 bolt, however, i am concerned about breaking it on a hard upshift.

The next mod on my list is a rear end and i completely blew my budget on this build and with be broke once its on the road again and was wondering where would be the best place to get my rear-end and your experience what can i look to pay in labor?
Old 07-18-2010, 04:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-Eng...ar-Ends_c4.htm
Free shipping on Moser rears at Brute Speed.

$400.00 for labor is pretty typical. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 07-19-2010, 11:01 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am partial to JawsGear of course but you can price all the vendors and simply go with who you feel more comfortable with. Let me know if we can help.

Jeff
Old 07-21-2010, 12:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the info, now it time to start picking up lost pennies!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Thanks for the info, now it time to start picking up lost pennies!
Let me know if you have any questions. Bob

Old 07-21-2010, 08:35 AM
On The Tree

if you plan on driving your car and want it without alot of gear noise, i would ask what happens if i get a rear end from(??Vender??) and the gear noise is untollerable, what is the vender going to do about it, customer service after the sale should be addresed along with price, ask lots of ?s before you drop 3+Gs
Old 07-21-2010, 08:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by STMPDUST
if you plan on driving your car and want it without alot of gear noise, i would ask what happens if i get a rear end from(??Vender??) and the gear noise is untollerable, what is the vender going to do about it, customer service after the sale should be addresed along with price, ask lots of ?s before you drop 3+Gs
That is a very good question. You can have two gearsets that appear to be identical, and you can install both of them and have the same identical pattern, and end up with one set being loud and the other set being quiet. Humans also make mistakes, and you can have an improperly assembled gearset. If it happens with a Moser rear, you can pay to ship the center section (when it is a 9 inch) back to Moser, and they will inspect the center section. If they find a problem that they caused, such as a bad pattern, they will correct the problem and cover shipping both ways.
You can also order the rear without the gears being set-up, so that you can either set them up yourself or pay someone locally to assemble the gear set. I offer this as an option that deducts $140.00 from the total cost. Bob

Old 07-21-2010, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

i was just checking out brutespeed and made it a favorite cause the prices are pretty good and its not knock-off stuff, but moser. Im lookin at a full spool 9-inch cause its a heavily abused car and while i know thats alittle ruff to drive around town, ill be getting another car and i just want to go ***** out with this one.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
i was just checking out brutespeed and made it a favorite cause the prices are pretty good and its not knock-off stuff, but moser. Im lookin at a full spool 9-inch cause its a heavily abused car and while i know thats alittle ruff to drive around town, ill be getting another car and i just want to go ***** out with this one.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Spools on the street don't bother me, most of my driving is rural. For a weekend car, a spool is the way I would go. Bob

Old 07-22-2010, 02:45 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We can get you into one of our fabricated nine inches for a very reasonable price compared to other manufactures. Ours come standard with a drain plug, four hole relocator style lace brackets, stock style anti sway bar mounts, brake line clips, hose mounts, and e-brake cable brackets(98-02) all as standard equipment at no extra charge.

This also includes our chromemoly double adjustable torque arm of your chose with a cross member to suit your needs. Our short arm version comes with a drive shaft loop at no extra cost.

Our complete rear end with the aluminum center section and a spool will actually be lighter than a stock ten bolt. An due to our design and construction the chromemoly adjustable torque arm is some of the lightest and strongest on the market.

If you have any questions please PM me and I will help you with anything you need.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

From the research i have done on this, you can't really go wrong with any of these sponsors in here. Midwest is supposed to be the best bang for your buck considering what you get, and its a Fabbed housing.

Quick Reply: Where to get the best price on 9 inch?