Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

MWC 9 inch & lowered car trailing arm question

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011 | 02:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MWC 9 inch & lowered car trailing arm question

Guys with MWC 9 inch rear & lowering springs what mounting hole are you using for the trailing arm for eliminating wheel hop?
Old 02-19-2011 | 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I installed weld on UMI LCA relocator brkts on my Moser 9" with an aluminum center case. With the bars set in the bottom hole, the only thing it did was make the bad behavior of the locker worse. I first started out with a cast iron center section and stock shocks=wheel hop. Then I did LCA's=wheelhop. Next I did Koni SA's=wheel hop. Then went to the relocators AND the aluminum center case to lighten it up=wheel hop. Do yourself a favor. Buy Koni DA shocks before you frustrate yourself with anything else. Oh and I also line up my drivetrain angles according to this site:
http://www.iedls.com/Education-Zone.asp
and:
http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_cata..._problems.html

Its like driving a whole different car now. The shocks are on sale now. I followed a pop up add listed on this site.

I realize mine isnt a fabbed 9" but yours is still heavier then a stocker.
Old 02-19-2011 | 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DAVESS02
I installed weld on UMI LCA relocator brkts on my Moser 9" with an aluminum center case. With the bars set in the bottom hole, the only thing it did was make the bad behavior of the locker worse. I first started out with a cast iron center section and stock shocks=wheel hop. Then I did LCA's=wheelhop. Next I did Koni SA's=wheel hop. Then went to the relocators AND the aluminum center case to lighten it up=wheel hop. Do yourself a favor. Buy Koni DA shocks before you frustrate yourself with anything else. Oh and I also line up my drivetrain angles according to this site:
http://www.iedls.com/Education-Zone.asp
and:
http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_cata..._problems.html

Its like driving a whole different car now. The shocks are on sale now. I followed a pop up add listed on this site.

I realize mine isnt a fabbed 9" but yours is still heavier then a stocker.
Thanks but not buying new Konis, just installed new Bilsteins last year. Rear is not installed yet, will be doing next month once out of storage. Question was for guys with MWC 9 owners, our axles come with the adjustable LCA brackets.
Old 02-19-2011 | 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so a 9" will fit under my dropped camaro?
Old 02-19-2011 | 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

I just installed a MWC Fab 9" in my Z28 / Incredible Rear end !

You need to talk to Eric or Jason over at MWC regarding your Lower control arm & Torque arm Bolt locations. This Depends on the H.P. Level you are at.

You will also need to purchase there Adjustable Lower control arms to do this.
If your car is lowered you will also need there adjustable Panhard bar if you use lowered rear springs. They advised me not to Run lower rear springs for a better Launch.

I purchased Drag Bags (Air Lift Kit) from Jegs that go inside my rear springs.
Strano also makes them.

You connect a 1/4" Nylon air hose & inflate them to 5 psi.
I Decided not to use the supplied (T) Fitting so i can run a little more pressure on the Right rear Spring side of the car to Help Launch the car Straight. No more wheel hop.

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...camaro+drag+bags
Old 02-19-2011 | 11:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ls1Joey
I was lowed 1 3/4 around after installing 9" the top of center housing was hitting botton of car,( I have reworked the bump stops) rased rear only 1/4now no problem ( set very close to level )
ps: did require beating on the tunnel just above and beside the TA bracket
Johnny
Old 02-21-2011 | 01:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ls1Joey
Yes you can fit one of our housings under a lowered vehicle. Granted their is limitations on how low you go.
Old 02-21-2011 | 01:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flintwrench69
Guys with MWC 9 inch rear & lowering springs what mounting hole are you using for the trailing arm for eliminating wheel hop?

start off in the 3rd hole down from the axle tube and see what happens from there. you can go up or down depending on what the car reacts like.
Old 02-21-2011 | 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ssvert99
start off in the 3rd hole down from the axle tube and see what happens from there. you can go up or down depending on what the car reacts like.
Thanks, thats what I was trying to find out.