Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 11:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
No problem, ours do take a little time to build but in the end you get exactly what you want with no questions of "oh man I wish I could of done that to" in the end.

That and we will work to match if not beat anyone's prices.
Very good points! And I might add that when your order a Moser rear from us, it gets shipped in two days, no waiting around for two to three months for the rear to arrive. Spring would almost be over by then! Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 03-11-2011, 11:40 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob@BruteSpeed
Very good points! And I might add that when your order a Moser rear from us, it gets shipped in two days, no waiting around for two to three months for the rear to arrive. Spring would almost be over by then! Bob
No doubt, that's why most took advantage of the fact we only require a small down payment at first and then pay as the build process moves forward. It has really helped people get into a housing they normally couldn't afford.

Then those that do need it faster we have other options of course to accommodate them.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No doubt, that's why most took advantage of the fact we only require a small down payment at first and then pay as the build process moves forward. It has really helped people get into a housing they normally couldn't afford.

Then those that do need it faster we have other options of course to accommodate them.
NICE I did NOT know that. That's awesome.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Wow, that's really cool, and probably a good thing since it takes so long to build them...
You can't do that with a Moser rear because it ships out in just two days after the customer places their order. Bob

Old 03-11-2011, 02:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Two Days. Bob

Old 03-11-2011, 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Sponsor wars.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:52 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Wow, that's really cool, and probably a good thing since it takes so long to build them...
You can't do that with a Moser rear because it ships out in just two days after the customer places their order. Bob
The time frame has paid off more ways than one, many customers have later on added items or even taken items off their build list. That has helped them also because many people buy something they talk to us and then think about what was discussed and come back and make changes after they talked to friends and other people in the industry.

An for those that want something fast we have the Strange S-60 or Moser 9 available at the same prices or cheaper than everyone elses offers them for. That has also helped us being direct with all major manufactures.

Not mention with an order we offer a huge discount on all our LCA,PHB, drive shaft loops, Front end items and so on and so forth.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:53 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 6spdchevy
NICE I did NOT know that. That's awesome.
Yep had three of our new customers mention this to me today actually. It really is a life savor for sure for many.

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 03-11-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:54 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Sponsor wars.
Not really, every sponsor serves a purpose. It just so happens that we offer similar items plus more. No matter who you go with your are sure to be taken care of.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The time frame has paid off more ways than one, many customers have later on added items or even taken items off their build list. That has helped them also because many people buy something they talk to us and then think about what was discussed and come back and make changes after they talked to friends and other people in the industry.

An for those that want something fast we have the Strange S-60 or Moser 9 available at the same prices or cheaper than everyone elses offers them for. That has also helped us being direct with all major manufactures.

Not mention with an order we offer a huge discount on all our LCA,PHB, drive shaft loops, Front end items and so on and so forth.
This is very true, i ordered my MWC fab 9" on feb 14th and didn't add a watts link at that time. Well after thinking about it I decided i did want a watts link. I called MWC on monday and added to my build with no problem. Does the moser M9 even offer a watts link? I don't think so.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

To the OP both of the sponsor on this threat offers great service and quality parts, thats why they have been around for a while now. So everything comes down to what fits your needs better, if you don't like the waiting and want a Fab unit i guess you could go with Bobs M9, i personally went with MWC 9" for many reasons, first for the money is the best Fab unit you could get, i tried building a M9 with the options i got on my Fab 9 and it came out over 5k and i couldn't even get all the options i got on my MWC 9". In respect to the 3 month waiting i rather wait and get a complete unit for a great price than having to start modding the car to fit the other one in. Also like mention above that time frame gives you time to add or subtract anything you want in case you decide later on, also i notice that on the Moser site it says that the M9 is not recommended for DD while there's a lot of members here that had been running the MWC 9" for years with no problem. Like i said if you dont wanna wait and dont mind getting a stamped rear you best bet is calling them both and go with whoever gives you the best deal. I have never dealt with Bob before but im sure is a great guy with excellent customer service, just like most of the sponsor on this site, but now from experience i can tell you that Eric and the guys at MWC are AWSOME to deal with, they know a lot, are willing to help at anytime and would walk you through anything you might need. Hope that help, good luck with your desiccation
Old 03-12-2011, 06:12 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Question

Originally Posted by javier1730
also i notice that on the Moser site it says that the M9 is not recommended for DD
I have quite a few Moser M9 fabricated rears sold to customers using them for regular street use. I haven't seen where Moser states that the M9 is not recommended for daily driving. If you can find that, could you send it to me? Thanks! Bob

Old 03-12-2011, 12:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Page 11 of the Moser catalog:

"Made from 4130 chrome-moly material the new M9 Torque Arm Assembly is able to withstand is able to withstand what ever high-horsepower a racer can throw at it. Patterned after the same style setup used in today's Pro Mod cars, the Moser M9 Torque Arm Assembly is not intended for the daily driver, but is manufactured with the 10 second cars and faster in mind."

So... not saying that it can't be used on the street, but the race style axle bearings, metal to metal front mounted torque arm(noisy and prone for bind if maintenance not done), and only one torque arm design really limits it in the market. The M9 is a great rearend, in it's intended application. MWC proudly offers any component from Moser Engineering and at the best prices.

Call us before you make a purchase on any rearend, whether it be a Strange S60, MWC fabricated 9 inch, or anything from Moser and you will find we will save you money and get you the right combination of parts the first time!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:56 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Of all the M9 equipped vehicles I have driven, none of them have been noisy. I put several hundred miles on the GTO we installed an M9 in, it was quiet. It might pick up some noise if they aren't kept lubed as time goes by. It's definitely a great design though, my Camaro cut 1.29 60 ft times on M/T dot drag radials, and that was with a powerglide. Bob

Old 03-12-2011, 02:10 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Of all the M9 equipped vehicles I have driven, none of them have been noisy. I put several hundred miles on the GTO we installed an M9 in, it was quiet. It might pick up some noise if they aren't kept lubed as time goes by. It's definitely a great design though, my Camaro cut 1.29 60 ft times on M/T dot drag radials, and that was with a powerglide. Bob

GM did hit a homerun with the torque arm design suspension, no doubt. And yes... the Great Pumpkin was a good performer in it's time... I watched Ted unload the tires @ Muncie!

OP... sorry this thread has kinda gone it's route, but that does happen here time to time.
Old 03-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Launching!

To the MWC boys! Pm me sometime, as I am starting to save up for my 9inch rear end swap. Long term plans: To support 700rwhp from a procharged 383 stroker through a viper spec T-56. Daily driver, with occasional autocrossing and drag racing. Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 03-15-2011, 08:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98z28CamaroJG
To the MWC boys! Pm me sometime, as I am starting to save up for my 9inch rear end swap. Long term plans: To support 700rwhp from a procharged 383 stroker through a viper spec T-56. Daily driver, with occasional autocrossing and drag racing. Hope to hear from you soon!
Good choice..you will be very pleased.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Hard to beat either Bob@Brutespeed or Mwc. I ordered a Mwc yesterday and a friend of mine ordered a old style moser from Bob yesterday and we both are very pleased. Both spent a good deal of time with us to make sure we got what we needed and wanted.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am building my own 9" and ordered my axles friday. I figured I would just order my Moser 35 spline axles and tq arm bracket directly through moser to save time and money. Im gonna be honest. I felt rushed off the phone. I told them my housing width and the pinion offset. Then the gentleman asks what spline what brakes whos spool what studs and what bolt pattern. I answer those questions in about 5 seconds and the next thing I get from him is "card number?". I had to darn near stop him from hanging up to add my tq arm bracket to the list. After that I asjed what everything cost to make sure I was figuring everything right. He told me he didnt have it all itemized but the total was 615 plus shipping. Then didnt have a shipping quote for me.
Im not upset but I am crossing my fingers than everything comes out right and not messed up.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

I love the fact I got my 9" as Fast As I did because I would have not had a rear end by race season. And now I have plenty of break in period before the track opens!

I bought my 9" from Bob @ Brute Speed btw. Fast delivery, and got an invoice, build sheet and everything I ordered.

It may have been easier to have Bob get all your stuff through Moser. He deals with them all the time and makes sure everything is taken care of.

Quick Reply: Looking for a 9", where is the best place to buy?