Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Driveshaft loop with true duels

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft loop with true duels

I recently purchased a driveshaft safety loop from a member on here and he told me it would work with true duels and its not even close to fitting with that exhaust setup. anyone know where i could get one that will work or who makes loops for this exhaust setup? thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 07:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

Whos exhaust is it tsp?
Old 03-17-2011, 01:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is our version mounted into our test fit vehicle, we have many customers with dual exhaust running this loop.

It is $95 shipped.

Look at the picture to make sure it will fit for your application though as not every exhaust fits the same.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, that loop is nice, and that's an awesome price..... do you guys already have these ready, or are they manufactured upon order? I might have to get one, I'm planing on true duals with your guy's watts link. Care to shoot me a PM on the price picked up from you guys with my rearend?
Old 03-17-2011, 02:14 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

We do try to keep these in stock and normally do have them and have a few still sitting on the shelf. With a rear end order we take care of our customers and give them a break and sell them for $80.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

!Bump!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Launching!

That looks pretty good. Thinking i might have to get one since i am putting a 9" under my car now and im running an x pipe... looks like everything will still fit... how do you go about ordering this?
Old 03-20-2011, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
Here is our version mounted into our test fit vehicle, we have many customers with dual exhaust running this loop.

It is $95 shipped.

Look at the picture to make sure it will fit for your application though as not every exhaust fits the same.
i run tsp true duals myself. can i run this loop with my adj. bmr tq arm and UMI's rq arm relocator bracket? or does the drive shaft loop and UMI relocator along with tsp duals not fit together? orrrrr do the UMI relocator bracket and your DSL use the same mounting holes?

UMI GM F-Body Torque Arm Relocation Kit - Manual

SKU:2207
Old 03-20-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wanna sell your old loop? if so pm me.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by johnLs1camaro
wanna sell your old loop? if so pm me.
i'v got a sphon drive shaft safety loop, i'm gonna go with the MWC loop with my new rear end. I'll take $60 shipped for it. It is black powder coat, it does look like some of the powder coat is starting to chip though. I can get real pictures of it tomorrow if your interested.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by JoshuaCole67
That looks pretty good. Thinking i might have to get one since i am putting a 9" under my car now and im running an x pipe... looks like everything will still fit... how do you go about ordering this?
Give me a call at the shop 309-382-6252 and we can get the ball rolling or PM your contact info and I will call you.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by LSxWS.6
i run tsp true duals myself. can i run this loop with my adj. bmr tq arm and UMI's rq arm relocator bracket? or does the drive shaft loop and UMI relocator along with tsp duals not fit together? orrrrr do the UMI relocator bracket and your DSL use the same mounting holes?

UMI GM F-Body Torque Arm Relocation Kit - Manual

SKU:2207
Like mentioning in the PM I am not sure if these items will work in conjunction with each other as there is just to many possibilities to try and test fit them all in house.

We have customers with other manufactures products and true duals and have not had an issue but I just can not give that guarantee that it will work in every situation possible.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

im going to go look and see if it looks like it will fit.does the torque arm go through the driveshaft loop?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:36 PM
12 Second Club

are i got a brand new BMR ds loop if anyone needs one, pm me.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vindictive98LS1
are i got a brand new BMR ds loop if anyone needs one, pm me.
will it work with texas speed true dual and bmr adj tq arm(tail shaft mounted)?????????
Old 03-30-2011, 07:34 PM
Banned

notice lack of fuel lines. you will need to relocate them. And my DS loop was up against the tunnel so i felt more vibration and with my exhaust setup and 3.5" DS the MWC loop just didnt work. they have another design from what i saw on their site. But i still love my MWC 9" and TQ Arm!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

damn i might need one of these too
Old 03-31-2011, 12:58 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by cookba
notice lack of fuel lines. you will need to relocate them. And my DS loop was up against the tunnel so i felt more vibration and with my exhaust setup and 3.5" DS the MWC loop just didnt work. they have another design from what i saw on their site. But i still love my MWC 9" and TQ Arm!
You do not have to relocate the fuel lines it goes in behind them and is easily done with out removing anything. A drive shaft loop by itself doesn't give any vibration in the vehicle, now a torque arm mounted cross member with a drive shaft loop can but it would do that with or with out the loop touching the floor.

Ride height will also determine if there will be drive shaft issues with any loop on a vehicle.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransWS6Am
i'v got a sphon drive shaft safety loop, i'm gonna go with the MWC loop with my new rear end. I'll take $60 shipped for it. It is black powder coat, it does look like some of the powder coat is starting to chip though. I can get real pictures of it tomorrow if your interested.

i think this is the one i have with true duals & long mwc t-arm & fab9.....

its mounted where the short mwc t-arm would mount on my car.....
Old 04-07-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
You do not have to relocate the fuel lines it goes in behind them and is easily done with out removing anything. A drive shaft loop by itself doesn't give any vibration in the vehicle, now a torque arm mounted cross member with a drive shaft loop can but it would do that with or with out the loop touching the floor.

Ride height will also determine if there will be drive shaft issues with any loop on a vehicle.
When I first saw a pic of the MWC loop I thought what a PITA thats gonna be to get behind the fuel & brake lines. I installed mine today & it was VERY easy. With the torque arm & driveshaft out I removed the 3 line bracket to body screws & it slipped right in. I did take a chunk of heater hose & wrap the lines where they are against the loop to prevent rubbing through. Tucks right into the tunnel nice & out of the way, the best loop made for an Fbody. Very nice piece.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft loop with true duels