Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

People with M6 w/Detroit Lockers Inside Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with M6 w/Detroit Lockers Inside Please

I was wondering how bad your car gets thrown to the right in-between a shift. I shifted at the top of 1st the other day, shifted to 2nd and the car got extremely loose and damn near put me off the road. This was on stock tires. With my ET Streets/Fronts at the track, is this gonna be a problem? The locker is a "full" Detroit Locker. Thanks
Old 04-04-2004, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

mine used to twitch...but since I put a drag swaybar on...it stays dead straight now
Old 04-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Launching!

What kinda drag swaybar did you use Fireball? Front and back? If ya could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it man!

EDIT:

You're talking about something like this correct?

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1437

Last edited by Xerxes; 04-04-2004 at 01:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm still using a stock sway bar with a 9" and 4.57 gears. I've got some suspension sorting to do, but the car tracks straight as an arrow going down the track. Haven't had any problems on the street either. You may have been spinning hard in first, hit second and got sideways. That's nothing out of the ordinary on stock tires.

Bruce
Old 04-04-2004, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Xerxes
EDIT:

You're talking about something like this correct?

http://www.spohn.net/product.cfm?productid=1437
I run the BMR version of that bar
Old 04-04-2004, 02:40 PM
11 Second Club

"locker wobble" as fireball told me when i put mine in.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Launching!

Cool, thanks guys! Yeah would say stock tires was the main reason, but I'll be damn if that **** is gonna happen if I'm goning down the track! I think I'm gonna go ahead and get one of those bars just to be safe. I know about "locker wobble", but this kinda wobble may end up putting me into a wall

I do have some twitching on the street, mainly between shifts when I release the clutch in a gear. It also does it when I let off the gas and get back on it, regardless of how much I press the gas pedal.

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 04-04-2004, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

i have the bmr xtreme sway bar as well, and it makes the car feel much more stable....hardtop is just scared of it since he still uses his car to pick up metamucel and prunes on sunday afternoons....

Old 04-04-2004, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by EVIL
i have the bmr xtreme sway bar as well, and it makes the car feel much more stable....hardtop is just scared of it since he still uses his car to pick up metamucel and prunes on sunday afternoons....

Evil My car still rides great, and has zero rattles. I'll get the big *** sway bar if, and when, I figure I can't 60' without it. Cut 1.56-1.57 60's last year, at 3500+ lbs with the stock bar and QTP's. Xerxes put your ET's on it and run it before you make changes. Just remember if your spinning hard, and don't want to hit the wall, lift. Better to race another day than try to be a hero.

Bruce
Old 04-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hardtop
Xerxes put your ET's on it and run it before you make changes. Just remember if your spinning hard, and don't want to hit the wall, lift. Better to race another day than try to be a hero.

Bruce

That's what I'm gonna do next Saturday. Yeah, I learned I had better lift from the other night. lol