Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 10:37 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking set up man, thanks for posting up the pics.

We get asked on a regular basis if this is the way to go for a DD, in our opinion it is the only way to go. For the price you get a fabricated nine inch around the cost of a stamped housing and you always have room to grow if need be.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
It was a pleasure working with you on this build, you put together an AMAZING combination with your build. You post up some specs to what you had us do and people will be in AWWW...
Sorry Jason, been a little busy and just got the parts list from Eric yesterday, wanted to make sure I remembered correctly what all was in there before I posted it up, so here goes:

MWC housing narrowed 4" per side w/ 40 spline ends
Short arm torque arm
Back Brace
Transverse shock mounts
Black powder coating
Strange ultra case 3.812 package for large stem
Strange pro race 40 spline gun drilled axles 3.350 brg 5/8 studs
Strange pro race lightweight spool
3.50 pro gear
9" yoke 35spl 1350 strange chrome-moly
Strange brake mounting plates
Pan hard bar double adjustable
Anti roll bar
Offset lca bushings

And i'll be calling you guys up after I finish paying off my wedding bills for the brakes and possibly a k-member and a-arms now that I see you guys are making those as well. Thanks again for everything, it was a pleasure doing business with you and Eric!
Old 12-25-2010, 10:58 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Happy Holidays everyone.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:38 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Happy New Year everyone, last year was a great year and we hope to have another great one this year.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:11 PM
Banned

Wanted to post a link to my post on the Midwest Chassis K-Member.....here ya go, enjoy!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...l#post14317739
Old 01-04-2011, 08:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Getting sick of waiting for my rear.

I have no doubt in the quality of the product... But just expect a 3 months wait for it. Just a heads up to future customers. So if ya 10 bolt is biting the dust now.. best get on it. Your in for a wait.

I was told ten days... and its been so long I dont even know what day i ordered it now. I just remember what drilling rig I was moving (at least a couple... or so months ago).

I'll probably stay with the front suspension I have, as Im really not game for another 3 months of waiting for another part.

Wish everyone a happy new year... hopefully filled with crates of sick fab 9's... but im still currently waiting on mine =[.

PS... hire more people Eric. If your THAT busy... you need to.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Dragframe

I have no doubt in the quality of the product... But just expect a 3 months wait for it. Just a heads up to future customers. So if ya 10 bolt is biting the dust now.. best get on it. Your in for a wait.

I was told ten days... and its been so long I dont even know what day i ordered it now. I just remember what drilling rig I was moving (at least a couple... or so months ago).

I'll probably stay with the front suspension I have, as Im really not game for another 3 months of waiting for another part.

Wish everyone a happy new year... hopefully filled with crates of sick fab 9's... but im still currently waiting on mine =[.

Dont be a ********. Ya know if he hired more help the quality takes a risk on going down and prices going up.

Last edited by gsxr1k2; 01-04-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

from experience i would run double clamps on the sts kit! i have seen that pipe pop of a lot on those kits!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know how you feel. Mine took a long while too. Im not surpised its taken a little while but I am surprised you were told 10 days. The quality you get is well worth it. This stuff is every bit as good as the M9 paperweight moser sells and its cheap compared to the price. Eric has obviously hired more help because this thread is now run by someone else and I assume Eric is in the shop working. You wont regret it once you get the parts.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by gsxr1k2
Dont be a ********. Ya know if he hired more help the quality takes a risk on going down and prices going up.
Quit trolling my posts and go move that flex!

Its not so much the wait but everytime I get Eric on the phone when im lookin for a status update I get smoke and mirrors. But great to talk to for technical questions.

Jason is the only one who ever tells me what is REALLY going on. Knowin the cash was pulled for everythin on my order (was told it would be pulled when shipped), then call and find out half the goodies are not even back from powder yet. Well.. sucks.

Just hope it ships Thursday like i was told

Originally Posted by MrElectric03
I know how you feel. Mine took a long while too. Im not surpised its taken a little while but I am surprised you were told 10 days. The quality you get is well worth it. This stuff is every bit as good as the M9 paperweight moser sells and its cheap compared to the price. Eric has obviously hired more help because this thread is now run by someone else and I assume Eric is in the shop working. You wont regret it once you get the parts.

Ya. Far as i know Jason is running the books sorta... Eric is in the shop as well as one other fabricator. But they been backed up for 3 years. Biz is good... more parts are being offered... time to expand!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:27 PM
12 Second Club

Quit trolling my posts and go move that flex!

Its not so much the wait but everytime I get Eric on the phone when im lookin for a status update I get smoke and mirrors. But great to talk to for technical questions.

Jason is the only one who ever tells me what is REALLY going on. Knowin the cash was pulled for everythin on my order (was told it would be pulled when shipped), then call and find out half the goodies are not even back from powder yet. Well.. sucks.

Just hope it ships Thursday like i was told

Ya. Far as i know Jason is running the books sorta... Eric is in the shop as well as one other fabricator. But they been backed up for 3 years. Biz is good... more parts are being offered... time to expand!

Have fun freezing your ***** off in the Mesa! I hope Eric puts up on his web site "We absolutely refuse to sell to cry baby whiny *** crane riggers and cheap *** F-body owners."

And also I'm pm'n Eric to weld your nickname on your axle housing!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I didnt mind the wait, Great parts/Great price is worth the time you have to wait. You just have to be prepared for the wait.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

I apologize for your inconvenience, I'm not so sure you were told it would be ready in ten days though. It was most likely you was told there could be a possibility that we might be able to start on your build in ten days as we're getting caught up on housing orders.

Still time frame is no excuse but please understand that we build everything from scratch as soon as an order is taken, doing this helps keep cost down for customers and why we can get you into a quality built fabricated nine inch at such a great price. We are a small shop with only a handful of employees and there is only one housing fixture. All of these rearends are built by the same people, one at a time. All of this equals nothing more than benefits for you, the customer, getting the best product, best quality, and all at the best prices.

If we adjusted time frame to have a stock pile of parts laying around the only people we feel that would be suffering is our customers and that just has never been Eric's goal. He likes being on a personable level with his customers, that's why he can remember your name and build from years past. I'm still amazed at how he can do that to be honest but that is how he prefers to do things.

Also keep in mind that we constantly keep up on product fitment before it goes out the door. Most places that sell product can not honestly say they have a F-body chassis sitting in their shop and take the items they constantly manufacture and randomly test fit them to make sure their fixtures are still accurate.

These are the things we do for our customers and these are the things that take the extra time when getting an order out, but if we stop doing these things then quality will go down and so will our name and product.

Most people come to us because of those facts that we take pride in what we are doing, that we are not here middle manning someone else's product only, and that we are out racing the same product we build to always improve and understand what we are selling.

There is no doubt we are in need of more help in the shop, but qualified fabricators/welders are extremely hard to find. We have recently lost one of our assembly guys and are looking for replacements so it slows down production with the others taking up the slack. We take alot of pride in what we do here and will not hire just some random person off the street just to move product faster.

Last edited by MidwestChassis; 01-05-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
9 Second Club

Well its not so much the wait. Its what im told is going on. Usually it can be a completely different story from Jason to Eric. I understand it can be tough to keep up on whats going on, but if you only have one jig for the rears then that should keep things fairly easy to keep tabs on.

Tell me it will be three months if it will be three months. Or it will ship in two weeks if it will ship in two weeks. That is a million times better than telling someone something they want to hear, then not being able to follow through. That is all im getting at.

I would have spent big money at racecraft if I didn't think you guys had a great product. I'll be more than happy with it im sure. But damn 3 months later and well, i would love to see it!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:55 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Again I want to apologize for the inconvenience, I do want to clear some things up so people do not get the wrong idea of what is going on. You ordered a housing and axle package on 11-2-10. We built your housing and had it ready to go and was getting ready to ship it out the week of the 19th in December but on 12-13-10 you added onto your order and we had to manufacture those items for you as well and that got us into the Holiday season.

I'm sorry once again and I have PM'd you your tracking information.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

I would have to agree with the build time (took exactly 3 months), but it was well worth the wait!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:43 PM
9 Second Club

Appreciate it.

I just had 3k into the order and just wanted to know what was going on with my order. I by no means mean to give you a bad image at all. Sorry if I came across that way.

Buddy just sent you a check for over 4k as well.

I still have a center section and Afco's to order yet so it won't be the last thing I order.

Thanks again
Old 01-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Teching In

mine is done my brother just has to go pick it up for me since im half way around the world
Old 01-08-2011, 03:34 AM
11 Second Club

i think i waited 4 months for mine. I ordered in the beginning of summer when the demand was even higher and i ordered some with some extra (see expensive) options lol

I LOVE mine though, and it was the best like 8 grand ive ever spend on my car lol
Old 01-09-2011, 05:01 PM
9 Second Club

can you run this with an aluminum center section on the street? i know years ago an aluminum center wasnt recommended for the street so just curious. and what is current wait time please?

also can i reuse my aftermarket t/a or is running yours mandatory?

thanks a bunch!

btw....i have a BMR extreme anti sway bar i have on my current 9". Do you offer the weld on brackets to reuse it like some others do? I know places like brute speed makes them a $50 option for the brackets welded on, ready to go. Thanks again!

Last edited by PRAY HRD; 01-09-2011 at 05:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Midwest Chassis & Performance fab rearends... new pics