Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9 inch rear driveshaft length

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 05:17 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by volksmech1
ordered mine last night. thanks for getting back to me this morning bob. i was unsure if i got to order the correct one, even though i checked the (9 inch) botton on the initial screen it did not ever mention that i had added that on when i was checking out. i just wanted to make sure i got the right one the first time
Yes, you are good to go. Thanks for the order! Bob
Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Bob, will the factory m6 driveshaft work with the 9"? I have adjustable rear control arms and I am using a 1le shaft that I hate to give up if I don't have to. My rear can use to come forward some for sure.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:03 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
Bob, will the factory m6 driveshaft work with the 9"? I have adjustable rear control arms and I am using a 1le shaft that I hate to give up if I don't have to. My rear can use to come forward some for sure.
Yes, it will work especially if you move the rear forward .5". If you do encounter vibration problems that you can't get rid of, or if the driveshaft has more than one inch of travel at the transmission, you will need to get a one inch longer one. Bob
Old 07-23-2008, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just got mine in and wouldn't you know it........... the number of teeth on the slip yolk are wrong .

sending a pm to bob right after this. i have the shitiest luck
Old 07-24-2008, 04:47 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

just got mine in and wouldn't you know it........... the number of teeth on the slip yolk are wrong .

sending a pm to bob right after this. i have the shitiest luck
pm replied to, give us a call today. Thanks. Bob
Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
pm replied to, give us a call today. Thanks. Bob

calling you guys in a few minutes. sorry i was kinda ticked off last night
Old 07-24-2008, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

well they are overnighting me a new yolk. thanks a ton guys. i will deffinatly do more business with you guys as the car progresses. still not sure where the mix up came from but it was straightend out with a quickness and i really really apreciate that
Old 07-24-2008, 07:34 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

well they are overnighting me a new yolk. thanks a ton guys. i will deffinatly do more business with you guys as the car progresses. still not sure where the mix up came from but it was straightend out with a quickness and i really really apreciate that
Not a problem, thanks! Bob
Old 07-27-2008, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

more problems.

you have a few new pm's with pics of the problem and a phone message bob. i will call you again monday. i am sure we can get this figured out. i really really think that i was shiped someone elses driveshaft. it is the wrong length even with the new yolk on it and the original yolk was the wrong spline. the only thing correct about that last driveshaft was the 2 1350 u-joints that it had pressed into it. please help!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 06:40 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

more problems.

you have a few new pm's with pics of the problem and a phone message bob. i will call you again monday. i am sure we can get this figured out. i really really think that i was shiped someone elses driveshaft. it is the wrong length even with the new yolk on it and the original yolk was the wrong spline. the only thing correct about that last driveshaft was the 2 1350 u-joints that it had pressed into it. please help!!!!!!
On a Moser 9 inch the x dimension should be 45.25. I have no idea why it is too tight. The stock 10 bolt length which is also used on the 12 bolt should be one inch too short. If you think it would work, I can send you one out tomorrow. Bob
Old 07-27-2008, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

On a Moser 9 inch the x dimension should be 45.25. I have no idea why it is too tight. The stock 10 bolt length which is also used on the 12 bolt should be one inch too short. If you think it would work, I can send you one out tomorrow. Bob

the x dimension is exaclty 45.25 inches. i sent you pictures of that. as i have said many many times now. nothing on this driveshaft has been right so far. first the spline count was wrong now it is just to damn long. please send me one for a moser 9 inch that is set up for my car. i have exactly what you said i need.

see. 45.25 inches on the dot.

i got the wrong driveshaft.

i want a driveshaft that has 1350 u joints, 27 spline slip yolk, and is set up for a moser 9 inch that has EXACTLY 45.25 inches for an "x" dimension.

i have measured and remeasured with the car suspension loaded then unloaded and the number is always 45.25 inches. i should get the shaft i ordered and according to the dimesions listed it should drop right in. i am not mad i am just frustrated. i do not want a 12 bolt driveshaft or a s-60 shaft or anything besides what i ordered. i did not recieve what i ordered.

you guys have been more than helpful in getting this taken car of and i really apprecate that. i in turn have tried to give you all the info i have in the form of pics and measurements. the pics i have sent you are the same numbers that are listed for a moser 9 inch equiped late 4th gen f body (45.25 inches for a x measurement). the shaft i recieved is not. the slip yolk was wrong and now with the correct slip yolk, it (the driveshaft) is still to long

please tell me any kind of measurement you need me to take so we can resolve this in a timely manor. once again i really appreciate the amount of customer service time you have spent trying to get this corrected. you guys are awsome, no doubt about it.

the sooner we get this lined out the sooner i can spend more money at your place of business
Old 07-27-2008, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

the 12 bolt shaft will not work if it is stock length because that is to short and i get that vibration from 65- 80 mph which is why i ordered this new shaft from EPP. i have to have the shaft made for the moser 9 inch

Last edited by volksmech1; 07-27-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:09 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

the x dimension is exaclty 45.25 inches. i sent you pictures of that. as i have said many many times now. nothing on this driveshaft has been right so far. first the spline count was wrong now it is just to damn long. please send me one for a moser 9 inch that is set up for my car. i have exactly what you said i need.

see. 45.25 inches on the dot.

i got the wrong driveshaft.

i want a driveshaft that has 1350 u joints, 27 spline slip yolk, and is set up for a moser 9 inch that has EXACTLY 45.25 inches for an "x" dimension.

i have measured and remeasured with the car suspension loaded then unloaded and the number is always 45.25 inches. i should get the shaft i ordered and according to the dimesions listed it should drop right in. i am not mad i am just frustrated. i do not want a 12 bolt driveshaft or a s-60 shaft or anything besides what i ordered. i did not recieve what i ordered.

you guys have been more than helpful in getting this taken car of and i really apprecate that. i in turn have tried to give you all the info i have in the form of pics and measurements. the pics i have sent you are the same numbers that are listed for a moser 9 inch equiped late 4th gen f body (45.25 inches for a x measurement). the shaft i recieved is not. the slip yolk was wrong and now with the correct slip yolk, it (the driveshaft) is still to long

please tell me any kind of measurement you need me to take so we can resolve this in a timely manor. once again i really appreciate the amount of customer service time you have spent trying to get this corrected. you guys are awsome, no doubt about it.

the sooner we get this lined out the sooner i can spend more money at your place of business
What is the x dimension length of the PST driveshaft that I sent you? I saw the pictures of where you measured for the length, but I never saw anything that shows just how long this driveshaft is.

Thanks. Bob
Old 07-27-2008, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

from center of the u- joint on the stocker is 41 inches. the new one is 42 and 3/8ths inches from the center of front u- joint to the center of the rear u joint. i measured my old yolk from the stock driveshaft and the shiney spot from being in the trans measured back 3.25 inches so i measured that on the new yolk you sent me and it comes out right where is should be. so the only thing that looks shady is that extra 3/8ths of an inch on that 42 3/8ths measurement. maybe the guy measureing the driveshaft was a noob or hung over and just tacked on the extra 3/8s of an inch from center to center.

also like i said in the pm the slip yolk that originally came on the shaft that was cut with 28 splines is an additional 3/8 inches longer than the one that you sent me. i am downloading pics as i type this i will post them for you shortly
Old 07-27-2008, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

okie dokie here ya go

beautiful side comparison
edit:the top one is the original 28 spline yolk that was wrong. the bottom is the one you sent me. and the old one is just hanging around in the back ground

diffrence in the 2 diffrent slip yolk lengths
edit:the top one is the original 28 spline yolk that was wrong. the bottom is the one you sent me. and the old one is just hanging around in the back ground

closer. maybe it is my crapy chinese tape measure that is screwing us up lol

and a little closer

so it is really gonna depend on what yolk it comes with. if i keep this yolk you sent me we would need to clip 3/8ths of an inch off the driveshaft.

if they send me a whole new shaft and it has the slip yolk that is the same length as the one that has 28 splines we would need to loose another 3/8ths of an inch off of that also.

that makes sense to you right. if i am not clear on anything then please let me know. i will take pics and measurements of what ever you need

Last edited by volksmech1; 07-27-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:48 PM
On The Tree

this is all the farther the yolk will slide in. it is completely bottomed out in this pic

Old 07-28-2008, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

i will be shipping the driveshaft back as soon as i recieve the return ticket in the mail. please be timely about it as i need my money back to get a driveshaft from a local source. i am sorry that this whole thing went so wrong. i never dreamed recieving a driveshaft would turn out so horribly screwed up
Old 07-28-2008, 10:08 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Question

i will be shipping the driveshaft back as soon as i recieve the return ticket in the mail. please be timely about it as i need my money back to get a driveshaft from a local source. i am sorry that this whole thing went so wrong. i never dreamed recieving a driveshaft would turn out so horribly screwed up
Yes, it is going out to you today. I have no idea why it is not fitting at the current length that it is. It should without any problems, as it is within .38 of an inch of what all of these driveshafts need to be for the 9 inch, which are 45.25". The 27 spline front yoke that we sent you came from a PST driveshaft, so it is what these come with. It is very bizarre. Bob
Old 07-28-2008, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Yes, it is going out to you today. I have no idea why it is not fitting at the current length that it is. It should without any problems, as it is within .38 of an inch of what all of these driveshafts need to be for the 9 inch, which are 45.25". The 27 spline front yoke that we sent you came from a PST driveshaft, so it is what these come with. It is very bizarre. Bob

and that is about all that is needed to make it fit. i would really like a driveshaft from you guys but this is not cool. i just want a driveshaft that fits. if you can get me one that fits that would be spectacular. that is all i wanted from the get go. now i am getting the short end of the stick on getting my money back because someone at PST measured wrong? that is a crappy way of doing things. now i am out a driveshaft and the money to buy another one till UPS delivers this piece of crap back to you. i went from having an hour of down time to now going on a week and a half of down time.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:21 AM
On The Tree

this is the driveshaft as far as it will go into the trans

now here is where the rear of the driveshaft is

it is obvious that the shaft is to long. if i take the rear end loose and shove it into the rear yolk i will shatter my trans on the first launch. i am not willing to do that

Quick Reply: 9 inch rear driveshaft length