Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana
View Poll Results: moser 9 or fab 9?
moser/strange 9"
23.33%
Fabricated 9"
76.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

9" vs fab 9"

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SLP Firehawk
i was thinking the same thing i looked at prices for a moser and prices for a midwest 9 and u get all the options already in the price of the midwest and the moser u have to add on for like 100 dollars a pop. does anyone have known disadvantages of midwest chassis' 9? i am leaning twords that because you get good looks strong welds and options for a good price
[QUOTE=ssvert99;9995606]since when did this thread become a M9 vs. Midwest fabricated 9 poll?[QUOTE]

Thats when..... ha ha

I have been a machinist for the navy for 9 years now. Also do alot of fab work. When I got my bare M9 I looked at the craftsman ship, and it was pretty damn hard to beat. I havn't seen yours up close and personal, so I won't even comment on it. But I am more than happy with the product I bought. And that honestly is all that matters..

The only problem I ran into with my rear is the PHB mount, Which has, I am sure already taken care off by bob..
Old 08-27-2008, 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ssvert99
since when did this thread become a M9 vs. Midwest fabricated 9 poll?

i will put my housing(and torque arms) in a stress test up against any other manufacturer's bolt-in f-body housing any day of the week.

keep in mind... every one of these housings is custom built to customer's specs...BY HAND, ONE AT A TIME. maybe you need to see one to appreciate it.

if you have been at this work for 10 years... why didn't you build your own?
When everyone ELSE started comparing them.

I can see in the pics the welds and just the construction of your piece. And like I said in the other post, I'm not saying it's junk, but the craftsmanship just doesn't look as nice as the M9.

Why didn't I build my own you say? Well it's surely not because I don't possess the skills buddy. I work 6 days a week, have my own shop at home that I do machine work in, and I also do installs for local guys, so I'm pretty busy.

Sometimes, it's easier AND cheaper, to buy something than it is to take the time to build a one off piece. And it's not like I would build the center section and axles too, so might as well get it all from somewhere and be done with it.

I haven't even had time to fool with re-routing my exhaust to compensate for the beefy new tq arm assembly and to get a new drive shaft under it, and I'm gonna build my own Next time you attempt to insult me, try harder
Old 08-27-2008, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

anything i have said is definetly not aimed as an insult... i am not that type of person. i will defend my product and its quality though. you are the one who stated an insult by using the word "cheap". if these things were designed or built cheap, then why have we sold the numbers we have, and the ones that do own and can actually see the product have had positive comments?
I do not own robotic welders or fancy rotary fixtures. I am a chassis shop that does everything BY HAND! I use only name brand USA made products and steel. Strange, Moser, Meziere, Timken, and Aurora components, ARP studs, grade 8 hardware, etc. I use Motive Performance gearsets because thats what people want.
rest assured... there is NOTHING cheap about any of my products.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

From what I have seen Eric puts out some first rate products with lots of attention to detail and thought. He is great vendor who takes the time to answer questions and provides valuable help. He does not deserve to be **** on by anyone. Keep up the good work Eric.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ssvert99
since when did this thread become a M9 vs. Midwest fabricated 9 poll?

if you have been at this work for 10 years... why didn't you build your own?
wow. I was just about to order one of your setups just because of the cheaper price, but after reading this PMS filled post I will just suck it up and get the Moser or Burkhart. Your product looks ok, but your people skills are horrible. What he said in no way provoked that, I think a sponsor should be more mature, like Bob.

Also, I, and i'm sure many other members and potential customers would like you to see the stress tests, if you are able to arrange them. I'd be curious to see that.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

wow. I was just about to order one of your setups just because of the cheaper price, but after reading this PMS filled post I will just suck it up and get the Moser or Burkhart. Your product looks ok, but your people skills are horrible. What he said in no way provoked that, I think a sponsor should be more mature, like Bob.
WOW to yourself buddy. Eric asked why this thread turned into a Midwest 9 VS Moser 9 thread, just a question since the initial question by the original thread starter was Fabed 9 VS a standard 9 inch.

Secondly, he replied to the gentlemen about since he is a fabricator himself why didn't he just build one himself, again a question, nothing more IMO. If someone said something Negative that is especially untrue about a product I developed I would be a little upset, Eric handled it fine.

02NBMWS6 go ahead and buy a different rear if you desire, I bought a Midwest from Eric and it looks AMAZING. My father has been a welder/fabricator for 50 years and he was impressed (thats hard to do BTW). I've talked to Eric several times over the phone and he helped me with anything, even if it was something that I did wrong.

I figure if a story be told, might as well be the correct version.
Hell I sold my Spohn supension components to go with more Midwest peices.
P.S. go ahead and go with another vendor who will charge you more anyways for the same item
Old 08-27-2008, 02:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by T/A KID
WOW to yourself buddy. Eric asked why this thread turned into a Midwest 9 VS Moser 9 thread, just a question since the initial question by the original thread starter was Fabed 9 VS a standard 9 inch.

Secondly, he replied to the gentlemen about since he is a fabricator himself why didn't he just build one himself, again a question, nothing more IMO. If someone said something Negative that is especially untrue about a product I developed I would be a little upset, Eric handled it fine.

02NBMWS6 go ahead and buy a different rear if you desire, I bought a Midwest from Eric and it looks AMAZING. My father has been a welder/fabricator for 50 years and he was impressed (thats hard to do BTW). I've talked to Eric several times over the phone and he helped me with anything, even if it was something that I did wrong.

I figure if a story be told, might as well be the correct version.
Hell I sold my Spohn supension components to go with more Midwest peices.
P.S. go ahead and go with another vendor who will charge you more anyways for the same item
i didnt even read your post because frankly i dont give a ****, but i can tell you missed my point. The point was, I dont support sponsors that get their feelings hurt over little **** like that comment and have to reply with posts like his. Im sure his rear will hold up fine, that was not my point.

The difference in cost is not worth sacrificing my principles over, like most cheap *** f-body owners
Old 08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

i didnt even read your post because frankly i dont give a ****, but i can tell you missed my point. The point was, I dont support sponsors that get their feelings hurt over little **** like that comment and have to reply with posts like his. Im sure his rear will hold up fine, that was not my point.

The difference in cost is not worth sacrificing my principles over, like most cheap *** f-body owners
Why don't you go back and read it then As far as the cheap *** F-body comment, go look at my photobucket, then tell me if you think I am a cheap ***

anything i have said is definetly not aimed as an insult
I don't see how this would make you not want to order a Midwest 9?? Have a nice day

Last edited by T/A KID; 08-27-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 PM
10 Second Club

Why don't you go back and read it then As far as the cheap *** F-body comment, go look at my photobucket, then tell me if you think I am a cheap ***
Have a nice day
I did. My reply stills stands as is though. If you are not a cheap *** f-body owner, then I apologize to you. But you have to admit that these cars are attracting a ton of cheap ***** now that the prices are dropping
Old 08-27-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

But you have to admit that these cars are attracting a ton of cheap ***** now that the prices are dropping
True, but then again most cheap guys who buy a rear wouldn't even think about a fabricated one. They would just buy a standard 12-bolt at around $2200.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:59 PM
10 Second Club

True, but then again most cheap guys who buy a rear wouldn't even think about a fabricated one. They would just buy a standard 12-bolt at around $2200.
No, they'd be buying a used 12bolt for 1600
Old 08-27-2008, 03:04 PM
10 Second Club

where are you located? Your car and mine would be a good run
Old 08-27-2008, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Trans am is tore apart, looking for 9's with a maxed out procharger and meth, but the magnacharged C6 runs great . I live in northeast Arkansas.

No, they'd be buying a used 12bolt for 1600
Very True.

In all honestly give Eric a call, you'll be happy you did.
He is a car guy like us.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

Trans am is tore apart, looking for 9's with a maxed out procharger and meth, but the magnacharged C6 runs great . I live in northeast Arkansas.

Very True.

In all honestly give Eric a call, you'll be happy you did.
He is a car guy like us.
Cool man, good luck with the projects. If I were closer we could set something up, but CA to AR is quite a drive
Old 08-27-2008, 04:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6
This is exactly why a person's tone/intent is so hard to judge over the internet. I mean, I can look at what you've posted in this thread and think, "Wow, what an a-hole.", but that isn't true, right? Really, how would I know? I've never even met you.
I can tell you that I've met Eric, and "horrible people skills" are the last words I'd use to describe him. Like T/A KID said, he's a car guy like us, and when he says he's not trying to insult anyone, he's telling the truth.
Truthfully, as far as what you decide to order, I don't think you could really go wrong with any of the board sponsors. If they didn't make good products and stand behind them, and had crappy customer service, they wouldn't be sponsors here. However, making your decision based on one post on the internet doesn't seem like a great way to go IMHO.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:49 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by supernaturalta
This is exactly why a person's tone/intent is so hard to judge over the internet. I mean, I can look at what you've posted in this thread and think, "Wow, what an a-hole.", but that isn't true, right? Really, how would I know? I've never even met you.
I can tell you that I've met Eric, and "horrible people skills" are the last words I'd use to describe him. Like T/A KID said, he's a car guy like us, and when he says he's not trying to insult anyone, he's telling the truth.
Truthfully, as far as what you decide to order, I don't think you could really go wrong with any of the board sponsors. If they didn't make good products and stand behind them, and had crappy customer service, they wouldn't be sponsors here. However, making your decision based on one post on the internet doesn't seem like a great way to go IMHO.
Perhaps not, but let me reiterate that I do not doubt that his rear would hold up. I just did not like the tone of that post, is that not allowed? I do not know him personally, and I did not attempt to judge his personality as a whole. I simply wanted to state that the post to which I referred did not come across as mature and suitable for a sponsor, in my own humble opinion. I have never seen Bob @ EPP ask anyone why they did not build their own. That was a stupid comment, and I do believe that because of my post, Eric may, at the very least, be slightly more careful in his choice of phrases and tone in his posts in the future.

I am sure that the gain or loss of one individual sale is not going to affect his ability to succeed, or fail in this market.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 02NBMWS6

Your too sensitive. Go ahead buy a moser or burkhart and join their crowd. I went midwest and I am not cheap I have over 35k invested all top of the line **** including my Midwest rearend.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:34 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 52172
I have over 35k invested all top of the line **** including my Midwest rearend.
and your car still doesnt ET worth a ****, who cares what you think? Oh yea, I'll be sure to take your advice... Sucker.

What in the hell made you feel like it was necessary to give me your opinion?
Old 08-27-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Cause I don't like pieces of **** like yourself
Old 08-27-2008, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

Well, this thread has gone to hell in a handbasket in a hurry. I guess what Eric had to say wasn't so bad huh fellas?......allrightythen

Quick Reply: 9" vs fab 9"