Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

People who use a stolen credit card to buy rear-ends!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008 | 10:41 AM
On The Tree

I think the merchants on this board should implement a credit card authorization form. Sorry this **** happens to innocent people like us.
Old 09-13-2008 | 06:24 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SSweet97
I think the merchants on this board should implement a credit card authorization form. Sorry this **** happens to innocent people like us.
We have been calling the issuing credit card company to check to make sure the address is the same, and that there isn't a problem with the card. This verification can take anywhere from a half an hour to several hours. We sold a ProCharger to a guy in the country of Norway several weeks ago, we called the issuing bank in Norway to confirm the card, and no one there spoke English. We spend half a day on this one to make sure it was legit, and then we're never 100% sure! Bob
Old 09-16-2008 | 04:24 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

We just got a call from another shop that guy hit by the same guy up in Canada. I've lost track as to how many shops he has now ripped off! Bob
Old 09-16-2008 | 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

All this being known that the actual USER is the fraudulent one, and they still take the money from YOU? Doesnt make sense to me...
Old 09-16-2008 | 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

People like that are the reason people like me own guns. They are nothing more then a pile of **** that deserves to be castrated and have bamboo shoots shoved under their fingernails , then hung upside down, dipped in honey and dropped in a ant pile, then just when they think they have it bad, you lay them on their stomach and put a funnel in their *** and let the ants crawl inside. Sorry i have no sympothy for people like that
Old 09-16-2008 | 06:38 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by spec_j
People like that are the reason people like me own guns. They are nothing more then a pile of **** that deserves to be castrated and have bamboo shoots shoved under their fingernails , then hung upside down, dipped in honey and dropped in a ant pile, then just when they think they have it bad, you lay them on their stomach and put a funnel in their *** and let the ants crawl inside. Sorry i have no sympothy for people like that
You want to hunt down a couple crooks for us, I like your style! Bob
Old 09-16-2008 | 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
You want to hunt down a couple crooks for us, I like your style! Bob
Call Dog the Bounty Hunter! He can find anyone!
Old 09-16-2008 | 07:48 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jetlag
Call Dog the Bounty Hunter! He can find anyone!
Old 10-15-2008 | 05:45 PM

Unhappy Also Ripped off by Mullins

Hi I own an on-line Guitar store www.Fretcity.com and was also ripped off by Gary Mullins. He ordered a Guitar from our online store, then a few months later claimed he didnt authorize payment. Perhaps it was a stolen card ? I was doing a search for his name and ran across your site. I have been battling with Paypal for months and lost the credit card case against this low life. Is there any action we can take against this guy, ie send the cops over to investigate ?? If so please contact me I would be happy to co-operate !!

Last edited by fretcity; 10-17-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2008 | 05:50 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fretcity
Hi I own an on-line Guitar store www.Fretcity.com and was also ripped off by Gary Mullins. He ordered a Guitar from our online store, then a few months later claimed he didnt authorize payment. Perhaps it was a stolen card ? I was doing a search for his name and ran across your site. I have been battling with Paypal for months and lost the credit card case against this low life. Is there any action we can take against this guy, ie send the cops over to investigate ?? If so please contact me I would be happy to co-operate !!

Rob Forsyth - Fret City Music
Wow, I can't believe Mullins is still on the loose doing this crap! I'll have Diane who works for me get in touch with you tomorrow. Thanks for posting, it may help. Bob
Old 10-15-2008 | 05:56 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

I've still got the police info too if anyone needs it and can't get ahold of Diane.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 10-15-2008 | 05:58 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Scoggin Dickey
I've still got the police info too if anyone needs it and can't get ahold of Diane.
Awesome, thanks! Diane keeps calling up there once a week or so on this case. Bob
Old 10-15-2008 | 06:08 PM

Thanks guys ... We battled with PayPal for 6 months. I even sent all kinds of evidence including signatures and emails confirming delivery. You know I can't believe how the credit card company still rules in these ripoff artists favor. !! As a retailer its a double wammy because we loose the funds, the product, the shipping and THEN also get hammered by PayPal for a chargeback fee. Fortunately in our experience 99.99% customers are honest.

We are in Canada, I would appreciate the police info or at least the phone number and Officer name and I will call tommorow to add my information.

Anyways sorry to distract you guys from what looks like a great site !!.

Last edited by fretcity; 10-17-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-15-2008 | 06:20 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

I'm PMing it to you now, you might still talk to Diane in case there is new info.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 10-15-2008 | 06:35 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fretcity

Anyways sorry to distract you guys from what looks like a great site !!.
Thanks! Hey, welcome aboard! lol I'll have Diane let you know what she knows tomorrow. Bob
Old 10-16-2008 | 03:22 AM
Staging Lane

Default I hate theives !

I live in the UK and purchase major items from you guys. I can fully understand the alarm bells that ring when I say I want to pay this way. I always get a complete quote from the merchant then ring the card company and tell them that XYZ company is going to charge me $XXX. Then I stay on the phone with the merchant while the transaction gets authorised (couple of sponsors can back me up here). Soon after the card company call me at home to confirm the transaction. I think this protects me and the merchant from the scum that is out there. I sorry that you have been a victim, i know this wont help with your financial loss, but I firmly beleive that they will get what they deserve - eventually.
Old 10-16-2008 | 04:35 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chevythunderz28
I live in the UK and purchase major items from you guys. I can fully understand the alarm bells that ring when I say I want to pay this way. I always get a complete quote from the merchant then ring the card company and tell them that XYZ company is going to charge me $XXX. Then I stay on the phone with the merchant while the transaction gets authorized (couple of sponsors can back me up here). Soon after the card company call me at home to confirm the transaction. I think this protects me and the merchant from the scum that is out there. I sorry that you have been a victim, i know this wont help with your financial loss, but I firmly believe that they will get what they deserve - eventually.
Thanks! 99.9% of the people that I have ever dealt with are truly honest people. I do hope these scumbags can be held accountable for their actions. Bob
Old 10-16-2008 | 12:47 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Exclamation

Okay, check this out. http://www.translationdirectory.com/...wesley_yam.php

We had heard that Gary Mullens is actually Wesley Yam, and the phone number on Yams website is the same!

Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 10-17-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 10-16-2008 | 01:10 PM
Staging Lane

Default Dont mess with honest guys......

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
Okay, check this out. http://www.translationdirectory.com/...wesley_yam.php

We had heard that Gary Mullens is actually Wesley Yam, and the phone number on Yams website is the same!

Constable Kaminsky in Canada is the one handling this case, her number is 604 294-7922 File # 2008-40817 Bob
Wow! The power of the internet.
I hope this brings you a little closer to getting some money back.
Any other scum bags out there take heed...........
Old 10-16-2008 | 01:19 PM
TECH Resident

damn good work! o hope this idiot get's caught

Quick Reply: People who use a stolen credit card to buy rear-ends!