Gen 5 Camaro External Bolt-On Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010 | 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by c5formula
i did read it but i also watched the vid and the vid tells the whole story.
No it didn't. It didn't tell the story of the traction control being on. It didn't tell the story of there being an extra 250lbs worth of person in the passenger seat. It didn't say it was the first time said person ran it either.

Regardless, other videos have came out that pretty much goes against that one.

But if you still want to believe a stock LS1 Fbody can take a stock 11 5.0 (Without of course the owner having an extra 250lbs passenger, cruise control on, and inexperienced driving said car) I don't know what to say. It's beating stock 5th gens right now.
Old 05-20-2010 | 11:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FOG52
Well offering facts isn't trolling. 2 weeks ago I raced a Blacked out supercharged 5gen who said he was making over 550 whp. The last 3 digits of his vanity plates were 2SS and it was in the Grapevine area he also had a local tuner shop sticker in the window perhaps he is a member here. We had two people in the Shelby and he was alone. It wasn't even CLOSE for him. So bring your 5k of mods I'd love to see what you can do.
Are you bragging about winning when you have over 160 more rwhp than the guy you raced? Really? Are we supposed to be impressed? That guy would have walked all over a stock GT500, which is pretty good if you ask me. And on top of it all, you claim not to be trolling?
Old 05-20-2010 | 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rayhawk
Are you bragging about winning when you have over 160 more rwhp than the guy you raced? Really? Are we supposed to be impressed? That guy would have walked all over a stock GT500, which is pretty good if you ask me. And on top of it all, you claim not to be trolling?
Honestly we were just looking at his car thinking it looked nice blacked out {which I told him} he was the one that wanted to race. I know he would not have taken my car when it had a pulley cai tune and gears and made 540 to the ground. If you noticed I'm not the one that started claiming I could beat a 700+ car with 5 K mods. I'm pretty sure the Black Camaro had that much in mods and it didn't work out for him. This is Chris' 2.9 Whipple car it was set up exactly like my car at the time of the video. {Different tires I think}

Anyway I'm not concerned with any 2010 with stock internals.

But this is a 2011 thread so lets talk about them because you boys have your hands full enough as it is.

BTW I HATED his supercharger sticker which ruined the whole blacked out look.
Chris' 2.9 Whipple

2.9 Whipple"]

Last edited by FOG52; 05-20-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-20-2010 | 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just goes to show, there's always somebody faster.

Of course, for the money, it should be.
Old 05-20-2010 | 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by enginjoe
Just goes to show, there's always somebody faster.

Of course, for the money, it should be.
Yep that is what i say about stock C6 Zo6's but then I have less invested in my car.

And the 2011 Mustang cost about the same as a Camaro and its faster too.
Old 05-20-2010 | 12:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Enough pissin, this is just ridiculous. Take one civil conversation and add in 1 or 2 people who can't bite their tongue - and I am not pointing any fingers.

It's going to be a good driver's race. I don't think either car has an edge until we see more of them out there.

And can we quit talking my modds vs yours....who really cares? You all have nice cars and like to modd them, whatever your budget. That's great, enough said!
Old 05-20-2010 | 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Those videos show it to be a bit more than a driver's race.
Old 05-20-2010 | 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
Enough pissin, this is just ridiculous. Take one civil conversation and add in 1 or 2 people who can't bite their tongue - and I am not pointing any fingers.

It's going to be a good driver's race. I don't think either car has an edge until we see more of them out there.

And can we quit talking my modds vs yours....who really cares? You all have nice cars and like to modd them, whatever your budget. That's great, enough said!

Oh one car has the edge and we shall see it when more get out there.
Old 05-20-2010 | 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

It's simple power-to-weight guys. The 11' GT's that have been on the dyno so far have been right at or around 370 to the wheels. What have most 10' Camaros been, oh that's right 375 to the wheels.

370 rwhp @ 3650 lbs > 375 rwhp @ 3850 lbs

It's pretty easy to see which car has the edge here. Yes, the cars will be pretty close stock for stock and bolt-on for bolt-on. However, the mustang will most definately have the edge (edge as in relatively small margins) in nearly every category from the information we have seen so far. So let's be realistic here and look at the facts, instead of being in denial that Ford may have actually built a great performing Mustang GT.
Old 05-20-2010 | 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
It's simple power-to-weight guys. The 11' GT's that have been on the dyno so far have been right at or around 370 to the wheels. What have most 10' Camaros been, oh that's right 375 to the wheels.

370 rwhp @ 3650 lbs > 375 rwhp @ 3850 lbs

It's pretty easy to see which car has the edge here. Yes, the cars will be pretty close stock for stock and bolt-on for bolt-on. However, the mustang will most definately have the edge (edge as in relatively small margins) in nearly every category from the information we have seen so far. So let's be realistic here and look at the facts, instead of being in denial that Ford may have actually built a great performing Mustang GT.
It's about time somebody who drives a Chebby can say good job to the 'Stang, not pointing any fingers, just seems in general they will NEVER give credit.
Old 05-20-2010 | 01:43 PM
TECH Regular

I've seen PLENTY of people in here that drive GM say basically the same thing. The site isn't really full of fanboys. It's just the few that are, are the loudest. Just like any other forum.
Old 05-20-2010 | 01:53 PM
Teching In

Evolution Performance sprayed a 100 shot on their new 5.0L GT.

469 RWHP and 513 RWTQ

Now they are at the track today and updating their Facebook page every few hours.

Quote:
Evolution Performance, Inc. Second Pass - 10.88@127MPH - 1.59 60ft, Full Interior, and D.O.T. Tires!
48 minutes ago via Facebook for iPhone · Comment · Like

Also, here's Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine's new car that they bought 48 hours ago, and took to the track last night...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzwU1...layer_embedded
Old 05-20-2010 | 01:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I've seen PLENTY of people in here that drive GM say basically the same thing. The site isn't really full of fanboys. It's just the few that are, are the loudest. Just like any other forum.
You are right, my fault for lumping so many into one category.
Old 05-20-2010 | 03:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

You are a text book example of fanboism. If you don't think it will be a drivers race then you're in for a rude awakening. As for numbers and hard core facts, dyno numbers don't always tell the whole story. There is a such thing as torque curve and usable horse power. A great example would be a 1000hp Supra that runs high 11's. The SS has a slight HP advantage and the GT has a greater weight advantage. Factor in where the torque comes in on the LS3 and it moves the heavier weight at lower RPM. The better driver will win the race. If both drivers are equal the the SS should come out on top. That being said Ford made a hell of a product as did Chevy and we all will benefit from this. Come on Z28!!!!
Old 05-20-2010 | 04:41 PM
TECH Addict
10 Year Member

No it didn't. It didn't tell the story of the traction control being on. It didn't tell the story of there being an extra 250lbs worth of person in the passenger seat. It didn't say it was the first time said person ran it either.

Regardless, other videos have came out that pretty much goes against that one.

But if you still want to believe a stock LS1 Fbody can take a stock 11 5.0 (Without of course the owner having an extra 250lbs passenger, cruise control on, and inexperienced driving said car) I don't know what to say. It's beating stock 5th gens right now.
Typical excuses from a fanboy.

Originally Posted by Dark SS
You are a text book example of fanboism. If you don't think it will be a drivers race then you're in for a rude awakening. As for numbers and hard core facts, dyno numbers don't always tell the whole story. There is a such thing as torque curve and usable horse power. A great example would be a 1000hp Supra that runs high 11's. The SS has a slight HP advantage and the GT has a greater weight advantage. Factor in where the torque comes in on the LS3 and it moves the heavier weight at lower RPM. The better driver will win the race. If both drivers are equal the the SS should come out on top. That being said Ford made a hell of a product as did Chevy and we all will benefit from this. Come on Z28!!!!
+1000000

You cant awaken this guy, hes a Ford harcore fanboy, he will never accept that the 11' GT got beat overall in mags by the 10' SS. Theres that video that shows a LS1 busting his *** and hes still in denial.

Youre a poison in this section.
Old 05-20-2010 | 04:46 PM
TECH Addict
10 Year Member

So were fanboys if were saying that the 2010' SS VS 2011' GT is a driver's race? And we are ok plp with judgement if we say that the GT will win everytime VS a 10' SS...

Wait for more data before saying everyone here is a fanboy if theyre not getting into the big hype concerning this 5.0l.
Old 05-20-2010 | 04:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Dark SS
You are a text book example of fanboism.
Baseless accusation. I've owned one Ford in my life. I was actually looking for a WS6 when I bought my daily driver.
If you don't think it will be a drivers race then you're in for a rude awakening.
I said it's a little more than a driver's race. From what I have seen the GT is ahead a bit more than I'd call a driver's race. Hell for a long time in here fbody owners refused to admit the Mach1 vs Ls1 fbody was a driver's race, and that one is a lot closer than the new GT and the new Camaro

As for numbers and hard core facts, dyno numbers don't always tell the whole story. There is a such thing as torque curve and usable horse power. A great example would be a 1000hp Supra that runs high 11's. The SS has a slight HP advantage and the GT has a greater weight advantage. Factor in where the torque comes in on the LS3 and it moves the heavier weight at lower RPM. The better driver will win the race. If both drivers are equal the the SS should come out on top. That being said Ford made a hell of a product as did Chevy and we all will benefit from this.
I've stated what I've stated by videos I've seen of the two cars racing. The Mustang has came out on top every time.

Come on Z28!!!!
Which will be competing with the Cobra.

Last edited by Ke^in; 05-20-2010 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2010 | 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Typical excuses from a fanboy.
Typical? Those were honest reasons. They weren't excuses like "Oh he had boost, I didn't"
You cant awaken this guy, hes a Ford harcore fanboy, he will never accept that the 11' GT got beat overall in mags by the 10' SS. Theres that video that shows a LS1 busting his *** and hes still in denial.
Your post reminds me of a conversation I saw on IRC the other day.

<Pot> Hey Kettle!
<Kettle> Yes Pot?
<Pot> You're Black!

BTW in case you didn't see these, or purposely ignored them..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJHqbqGCCMc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTL9psDWKjU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB4vfZDYyO8

Youre a poison in this section.
Looks like another person is wanting to be a fan club member.
Old 05-20-2010 | 04:56 PM
Teching In

the second i saw those were motor trend vids... i stopped watching...
Old 05-20-2010 | 05:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
Wait for more data before saying everyone here is a fanboy if theyre not getting into the big hype concerning this 5.0l.
The site isn't really full of fanboys. It's just the few that are
www.rif.org

Quick Reply: It seems the 2011 Mustang Gt's performance was "Inflated" vs 2010 Camaro