Old 05-12-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm ready for them.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
v6 mustangs have and always be the top selling option. people arent necessarily buying them to blow everything away. they buy them because they owned one before or because they like the way it looks. a solid axle will not hurt sales. it hasnt before and it wont now.

expect sales to be huge and a long waiting list well into this summer or later.
A V6 buyer doesn't buy based on performance as much as looks and the mustang still has the same stale look. I expect mustang numbers to increase with the updated power but the average V6 buyer is going to think the Camaro is faster because it has 312 hp compared to 305. Add in the convertible and Z28 and I think the mustang will have a fight to out sell the Camaro again. I could be wrong but GM proved that performance doesn't equal sales. You have to have the intangibles like look, popularity, and "it" factor.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:51 PM
Launching!

im betting this car eats into camaro sales immediately. mustangs have always been big sellers and have loyal buyers and this car is going to get alot of customers attention. alot of sales will be 6 cyl. though.
I went to the local Ford dealer here in AZ and they couldnt tell me a thing about the GT, not a price, when it was hitting the lot NOTHING. I like both Fords and Chevy and wanted to weigh my options before buying a Camaro but the ignorance pushed me right back to the Chevy dealer.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:01 AM
Launching!

hmmm check this out

https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...stock-ls1.html
Old 05-13-2010, 06:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark SS
A V6 buyer doesn't buy based on performance as much as looks and the mustang still has the same stale look. I expect mustang numbers to increase with the updated power but the average V6 buyer is going to think the Camaro is faster because it has 312 hp compared to 305. Add in the convertible and Z28 and I think the mustang will have a fight to out sell the Camaro again. I could be wrong but GM proved that performance doesn't equal sales. You have to have the intangibles like look, popularity, and "it" factor.

mustangs have always looked plain imo. that never hurt sales. your average mustang buyer isnt interested in being the fastest either based on past sales. camaros at least in base v8 form have been faster for yrs and were still behind in sales.

expect dealers to not be able to keep these things in stock for months.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by fastls1inaz
I went to the local Ford dealer here in AZ and they couldnt tell me a thing about the GT, not a price, when it was hitting the lot NOTHING. I like both Fords and Chevy and wanted to weigh my options before buying a Camaro but the ignorance pushed me right back to the Chevy dealer.

dealers suck. nothing new. do your own research and decide what you want.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Launching!

mustangs have always looked plain imo. that never hurt sales. your average mustang buyer isnt interested in being the fastest either based on past sales. camaros at least in base v8 form have been faster for yrs and were still behind in sales.

expect dealers to not be able to keep these things in stock for months.
I disagree, the Mustang has always been religiously updated every few years which kept average buyers interested, we know it was never about performance. The 93 F-body was the death of the Camaro, it never was a well received design, and the update in 98 wasn't enough to bring in buyers. The 2010/2011 mustang is nothing new, and although I like the design, it is not different enough for most people to say, oh look at that new mustang - and go out and buy it, as in years past. They are in a tough spot design wise because 05 was such a hit, they don't want to change it radically, but IMO this refresh was so subtle, nobody even noticed.

Maybe I am wrong, but IMO the Camaro is just so much fresher right now, that a lot less people want another mustang, regardless of the worthwhile mechanical updates.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rayhawk
I disagree, the Mustang has always been religiously updated every few years which kept average buyers interested, we know it was never about performance. The 93 F-body was the death of the Camaro, it never was a well received design, and the update in 98 wasn't enough to bring in buyers. The 2010/2011 mustang is nothing new, and although I like the design, it is not different enough for most people to say, oh look at that new mustang - and go out and buy it, as in years past. They are in a tough spot design wise because 05 was such a hit, they don't want to change it radically, but IMO this refresh was so subtle, nobody even noticed.

Maybe I am wrong, but IMO the Camaro is just so much fresher right now, that a lot less people want another mustang, regardless of the worthwhile mechanical updates.
Pretty spot on
Old 05-13-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

still, mustangs outside of tuner cars have never had an outrageous look to them.thats what attracts a wider range of buyers. plus this new much nicer interior with power upgrades will attract some possible camaro buyers.

watch. this car is going to be neck and neck sales wise with camaros and possibly outsell them. this car is getting alot of positive publicity and is ranked higher in some categories over a camaro. to say this car isnt going to take some camaro sales isnt accurate.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jamnut
I'm ready for them.
I'm ready for all of you...in my neon. LOL!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The 93 F-body was the death of the Camaro, it never was a well received design, and the update in 98 wasn't enough to bring in buyers
Guess I was in the minority? I loved the 4th gen look, didn't really care for the old 3rd gens near as much.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:57 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm ready to hurt some feelings of 5.0 owners. Cant wait to run into one on the highway that wants to play
Old 05-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Rockstar

Honestly, I would buy a new V6 mustang just because of the "nice" factor. They have a super comfy interior and the new look isn't too bad either. But for power, it's GM hands down.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jamnut
I'm ready for them.

everyone on both side is going to have to DRIVE the freakin cars. you being ready for guys like me had better include being one hell of a driver,(u have 800rwhp? the supra had 1200) or your mods are all trailer queen mods. good for the internet, bad for race day. I'll be running LOW 12's right off the bat. i dont go to the track without a setup for the track. my ***** gonna hook and hook hard. just like 2011gt guys who think they can mod for a number and get their **** killed by a 2010SS driver with a car setup to RUN.

to quote confusius: "Strength without wisdom is a broken back." this applies to all cars at the track.
not pick on u. just saying. trailer queens are out there on both sides.

Last edited by assasinator; 05-24-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dark SS
A V6 buyer doesn't buy based on performance as much as looks and the mustang still has the same stale look.
^That's precisely why I bought the v6 camaro.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

new mustangs are sweet and alot quicker now... lets face it the new camaro looks like a 1987 monte carlo ss a brick on wheels
Old 06-03-2010, 07:43 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1NASTY'99SS
new mustangs are sweet and alot quicker now... lets face it the new camaro looks like a 1987 monte carlo ss a brick on wheels
Are you really serious?
Old 06-03-2010, 07:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
Honestly, I would buy a new V6 mustang just because of the "nice" factor. They have a super comfy interior and the new look isn't too bad either. But for power, it's GM hands down.
What are you talking about?

...and to the person who said Mustangs are plain looking, I've always thought the same about 4th gen Camaros...same long curve all the way down the side of the body, and IMO convertibles look like a boat with their top down. I do, however, like Trans Ams. That's probably due to their little more "radical" styling.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well said, you are my favorite mustang owner on this site

Originally Posted by assasinator
everyone on both side is going to have to DRIVE the freakin cars. you being ready for guys like me had better include being one hell of a driver,(u have 800rwhp? the supra had 1200) or your mods are all trailer queen mods. good for the internet, bad for race day. I'll be running LOW 12's right off the bat. i dont go to the track without a setup for the track. my ***** gonna hook and hook hard. just like 2011gt guys who think they can mod for a number and get their **** killed by a 2010SS driver with a car setup to RUN.

to quote confusius: "Strength without wisdom is a broken back." this applies to all cars at the track.
not pick on u. just saying. trailer queens are out there on both sides.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Johnny-LT1-runner
How do you mean?
I love both the new Camaro and the new Mustang but in the race among the V6s the Mustang is SUBSTANTIALLY faster than the Camaro in a straight line...due mostly to lighter weight of course but still, the V6 Mustang really moves.

Quick Reply: 2011 stangs on sale today