Old 09-29-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are
Old 09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,789 Likes on 1,276 Posts

Originally Posted by stubbs4
I think gm did a great job with the 5th gen so far its much better than the 4th gen
Well ****, why didn't someone tell me this sooner?

In that case, I'll just go toss my 4th gens out in the dumpster now.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love both my fourth gens and my fifth gen, they're just very different yet similar cars. cant we go back to hating on mustangs... aahhh **** i got a mustang too. scratch that cant we go back to hating on rice burners...lolol

my view is as long as its american made its ok with me!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chaman
Wait! How is that possible??? These are old, slow, shitty cars......How??
And what is this, not much different then darks post if you ask me! But I cant argue with you, if thats how you really feel about your car!
Old 09-29-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by kinglt-1
very nice! I can't wait to get my fti 3800 stall in and run me some 11's too!!
Thanks. Good luck with yours. I think this is the area where a 4th gen outshines the 5th gen.-at the strip. If thats your game the 5.0 might warrant a look.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sweetC5
And what is this, not much different then darks post if you ask me! But I cant argue with you, if thats how you really feel about your car!
At this point any and all intelligent conversation is gone from this thread. You might as well be talking to the mustang guys on Camaro5. All we have done is bullshit and every bolt-on LS1 car runs 11's or faster.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dark SS
At this point any and all intelligent conversation is gone from this thread. You might as well be talking to the mustang guys on Camaro5. All we have done is bullshit and every bolt-on LS1 car runs 11's or faster.
true statement.

time to get used to it cry babies, i hear more whining here about 5th gens than a nursery. the camaro has been dead for 8 years and chevy is just getting back in the groove, be patient it WILL get better. look how popular it is... be glad that it is doing so well, i am. im personally waiting for the ZL1 to come out and see what it is going to do, i think itll do quite well actually. i sold my 5th gen just b/c i always wanted a vette but the 5th gen is a great vehicle. end thread
Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Its called sarcasm, google it if you do not know what it means. Good try though, specially accepting just how retarded DarkSS post was. A video showing him what a bolt on 4th gen can do brings his whole argument down and apparently its too much for him to handle. Sad thing is there are a lot other videos and threads about the same thing. Next time a bit more of thinking and a whole less arrogance would serve him better.

Regarding my car I wouldnt trade my car for three 5th gens and I could buy one tomorrow if I wanted, so no Im not dreaming about a 5th gen, not now not ever.

Last edited by chaman; 09-29-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JHL88
true statement.

time to get used to it cry babies, i hear more whining here about 5th gens than a nursery. the camaro has been dead for 8 years and chevy is just getting back in the groove, be patient it WILL get better. look how popular it is... be glad that it is doing so well, i am. im personally waiting for the ZL1 to come out and see what it is going to do, i think itll do quite well actually. i sold my 5th gen just b/c i always wanted a vette but the 5th gen is a great vehicle. end thread
The only cry babies here are the 5th gen guys when faced with the fact that not everyone drools for their car. Pretty obvious, IMO. They criticize the 4th gen but cannot tolerate criticism themselves.

DarkSS last statement was ridiculous and was proved totally wrong. Anyone who has been here for a reasonable amount of time knows it.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetC5 View Post
Old 09-29-2011, 10:48 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

I know some of you 5th gen guys really love your cars, for more than just being a hot ticket item at the moment. I can understand this, because it's how I've felt about my 4th gens for the last 12+ years. It will be interesting to see how you react to future 6th gen owners looking down on the cars you love, just because they will be old news at the time. The general automotive public will see the 6th gen as the "newest and best" Camaro; 5th gens will be seen as old news, with inferior stock performance, yesterday's styling and lesser quality. Those of you that decide to keep your 5th gen, because there is something (or several things) you like more about it, will be belittled and called haters and/or poor. You will get frustrated with this, because you will know it's not true, but the 6th gen guys will still think you are just jealous......Welcome to the world of a current day 4th gen lover.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:50 PM
11 Second Club

I like new stuff, had tons of every gen. Variety is the spice of life and life is to short. Thats why I dabble in fox bodies. To each his own and have fun.
Old 09-29-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its called sarcasm, google it if you do not know what it means. Good try though, specially accepting just how retarded DarkSS post was. A video showing him what a bolt on 4th gen can do brings his whole argument down and apparently its too much for him to handle. Sad thing is there are a lot other videos and threads about the same thing. Next time a bit more of thinking and a whole less arrogance would serve him better.

Regarding my car I wouldnt trade my car for three 5th gens and I could buy one tomorrow if I wanted, so no Im not dreaming about a 5th gen, not now not ever.
Take your own advice Steven Hawking.

I never said there were no bolt-on 4th gens in the 11's just that I had never saw one. All the bolt-on 4th gens I've watched at the strip, raced or the ones my buddy's own are high - mid 12 sec cars. Quit being such a douche and let the butt hurt go. I could have afforded 3 4th gens and modded each on with the money I have in my car but I wouldn't want even 1. Not now, not ever.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:37 AM
TECH Regular

Basicly they are trying to turn it around on us... when they are the **** talkers that started this hole thing! I dont recall any of us shitting on you guys for wanting to stick with your 4gens, I know I never did! I started up in defense of all the crap talk! Just end this ******* thread allready...
Old 09-30-2011, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Basicly they are trying to turn it around on us... when they are the **** talkers that started this hole thing! I dont recall any of us shitting on you guys for wanting to stick with your 4gens, I know I never did! I started up in defense of all the crap talk! Just end this ******* thread allready...
i agree

The only cry babies here are the 5th gen guys when faced with the fact that not everyone drools for their car. Pretty obvious, IMO. They criticize the 4th gen but cannot tolerate criticism themselves.

DarkSS last statement was ridiculous and was proved totally wrong. Anyone who has been here for a reasonable amount of time knows it.

im just saying from my point of view every time i see 4th gen and 5th gen in the same thread 98% of the time its the 4th gen guys hacking and whining on the 5th gen. and yea there are some cry babies BUT i rarely see them talking smack about 4th gens. thats MO on it
Old 09-30-2011, 09:52 AM
TECH Veteran

I guess that differing opinions are "crap talk" in your own world. Thats sad.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Dark SS
Take your own advice Steven Hawking.

I never said there were no bolt-on 4th gens in the 11's just that I had never saw one. All the bolt-on 4th gens I've watched at the strip, raced or the ones my buddy's own are high - mid 12 sec cars. Quit being such a douche and let the butt hurt go. I could have afforded 3 4th gens and modded each on with the money I have in my car but I wouldn't want even 1. Not now, not ever.
Really?

...if I ever saw one! Well, sport, there you have it. One of those mythic 4th gen bolt ons in the 11's. Im sure there are a lot more hanging around. Butt hurt? Why I would be? I know what 4th gens are capable of, that's why I have one! No butt hurting here, but tell us...how does it feel to be proved wrong?? Even with a video...damn I love LS1TECH.

Not much can be said here unless you come up with another one of those "creative" arguments.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Haha, this **** is too funny! Why don't you all come on over to the smack down thread, if talkin' **** is on the agenda? RPM makes some valid points, as did Dark and sweet. But let's not start slingin' **** boys, since that ends up with everyone covered in it. It's like old asses picking on fatties . The topic seemed to become an emotional one; I guess we all love our cars, and that's a good thing imo . We're all in this together though, near as I can tell.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
20" wheels on an F body is damn near retarded IMO.. i just want to get the damn LS3 and 6spd outta one of em...they can keep the rest of it for all i care..
On the money!!!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:04 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

I stayed away from this thread for months and thought it was done. Then I happened to read your comment about 4th gen owners only preferring the 4th gen because we couldn't afford a 5th gen (like you have to be an ExxonMobil executive to afford one ....it's not an exotic).

Do you like your car enough to keep it 10 years or more? If so, one day you will be where I am today. 6th gen owners will call you a poor hater for driving around your old used junk and being proud of it, no matter how nice your car is. You will know better, but they will not believe you. Then, you and I will understand each other.

If, on the other hand, you are the type that just likes to buy the newest car you can afford as often as possibile, forsaking everything older, then I would never expect you to understand. Just know that not all of us have this mindset when it comes to our toys.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen vs. 5th Gen profile comparo. *pic*