Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion
View Poll Results: Will there be a Z28 Camaro model? What do you think?
Yes, a supercharged version
42.86%
Yes, a more powerful naturally aspitated version
21.10%
Yes, but probably all cosmetic with no additional power
5.52%
Maybe... not really sure
11.69%
Probably not
18.83%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: The possibility of a Camaro Z28 model

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 06:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NW-99SS
To add to the size 32 font, wasn't only a few years ago that FORD scrapped SVT!?!?!?!?!?

And they still make go fast cars as I am sure GM will, or whatever new company name they call themselves if they file for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy....here's hoping that won't happen!
lol now you're taking it personal. My point is there will be NO z28, the reason for the 32 font was because everyone was in denial that GM's financial condition wouldn't effect the production of a $50,000 Camaro. As for SVT, the GT500 has over 12 SVT badges as does the hand built motor built at the romeo plant.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showpo...3&postcount=21

http://www.floridacarclub.com/t4867-...ill-alive.html

The GT500 was produced by SVT, the Shelby name is just a gimmick. Regardless, Ford doesn't create as many high performance cars like GM does. They took a huge hit because of this economy too but they focused on cars that sell. Now they aren't in this mess where they need 10s of billions from the govt to keep from going completely bankrupt, however THEY ARE in trouble. So is every car manufacture, GM is just in a lot worse position than everyone else.

Our economy is screwed though, Ford won't be forced to, but they might make the decision to ax the GT500 and any other performance cars. See, I don't give a **** like you guys do. Ford, GM, Toyota, KIA, whoever is producing the car I like I will buy.

Last edited by BayareaCobra; 02-21-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:08 PM
Staging Lane

The development on the supercharged Z-28 is done. GM needs to justify if bringing the car to market is right thing to do. Of course I would love to see it, but with the current environment I doubt it.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...d.php?t=127892

WOW i am sorry you are right the GT500 is amazing it let go and ran an amazing time of 10.54. Nothing like an 800 rwhp car going a 10.54 at 138
Old 02-25-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im sure were goin to see a Z/28...N/A or SC
Old 02-26-2009, 12:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brandon Smith
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...d.php?t=127892

WOW i am sorry you are right the GT500 is amazing it let go and ran an amazing time of 10.54. Nothing like an 800 rwhp car going a 10.54 at 138
Wow, you're a big baby. Let me go find someone who can't drive running mid 12s in a heads/cam/intake fbody with 18 inch chrome wheels in 5,500DA conditions. Bad drivers, running in bad conditions are everywhere. glad you were able to find one.

Now why don't you go find the multiple 10 second GT500s with just MILD BOLT-ONS. Yeah, you know, the people who know how to drive their cars to it's capability. Oooooh a new concept for a fanboy.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BayareaCobra
Wow, you're a big baby.

Oooooh a new concept for a fanboy.
Chill bro. No need to take a **** on everyone who isn't a Mustang enthusiast
Old 02-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hc8719
Chill bro. No need to take a **** on everyone who isn't a Mustang enthusiast
There is a difference between not being an enthusiast of a platform and being ignorant. He made a weak attempt at trying to win an argument, I called him out on it!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...h-c-i-car.html

A H/C/I LS1 fbody trapping 110mph!!!!!!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...h-c-i-car.html

Wow, what an amazing platform!! It's your duty to call me out if I make gay ricer comments like that. Me posting that link in an attempt to prove a point would just mean I'm ignorant and don't know the true capabilities of an LS1 fbody. Japanese econobutts, domestics, eurofarts, whatever..Correct someone when they make idiotic assumptions due to being blinded by the platform they own..
Old 02-26-2009, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

i simply dont understand this bickering. Why bash another performance car? Simply because you own the competition's car?? thats as queer as a makeover show.

Look, we all are here for the same reason, we like performance cars, muscle cars, sports cars, etc. I own a GTO, but i love mustangs, vette's, challengers, etc. There is no need to be petty and put down the other guys machine.

Gm guys.... if it werent for mustangs, what would be the motivation for GM to produce more powerful motors, better performing vette's, camaro's, GTO's, etc? WHo would gm be trying to one up? If it werent for mustangs, challengers, etc, how many choices of platforms would you have?

Ford guys... the same as above, only change the names of the cars.

I own a GM vehicle (holden technically), but that doesnt mean i need to **** on Ford guys. The "Super Snakes", cobras, saleens, etc are bad *** rides. They all put lead in my pencil. I would own one of them with a smile on my face. I love my GTO, and i bought it over the mustang at the time, but that doesnt mean one needs to put down the other vehicle. Why, to make yourself feel better about your choiuce? To put you above someone else?

Come one guys, lets stop the BS. We are all car guys, and likely we would all have a great time together in person shooting the ****, having a beer, popping each others hoods. Lets not let the impersonalization of the internet turn us into dicks.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
Lets not let the impersonalization of the internet turn us into dicks.
+1 Thank you
Old 02-26-2009, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too late for some...
Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johny GTO
i simply dont understand this bickering. Why bash another performance car? Simply because you own the competition's car?? thats as queer as a makeover show.

Look, we all are here for the same reason, we like performance cars, muscle cars, sports cars, etc. I own a GTO, but i love mustangs, vette's, challengers, etc. There is no need to be petty and put down the other guys machine.

Gm guys.... if it werent for mustangs, what would be the motivation for GM to produce more powerful motors, better performing vette's, camaro's, GTO's, etc? WHo would gm be trying to one up? If it werent for mustangs, challengers, etc, how many choices of platforms would you have?

Ford guys... the same as above, only change the names of the cars.

I own a GM vehicle (holden technically), but that doesnt mean i need to **** on Ford guys. The "Super Snakes", cobras, saleens, etc are bad *** rides. They all put lead in my pencil. I would own one of them with a smile on my face. I love my GTO, and i bought it over the mustang at the time, but that doesnt mean one needs to put down the other vehicle. Why, to make yourself feel better about your choiuce? To put you above someone else?

Come one guys, lets stop the BS. We are all car guys, and likely we would all have a great time together in person shooting the ****, having a beer, popping each others hoods. Lets not let the impersonalization of the internet turn us into dicks.
Amen. This should be stickied in every Ford and GM forum site. Some ppl, it seems, aren't content to buy, drive, and enjoy what they want. There has to be some kind of "payoff" that involves making ppl who prefer the competition feel shamed or stupid for having the opinion they do. Pity so many of these types of ppl are around my age. Because it's behavior straight out of Jr High.......when little Johnny and Joey had to fist fight about how each of their dad's favorite car make was the "best".
Old 02-28-2009, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 171 Likes on 119 Posts

Here, here!!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Holy **** Johnny GTO, your post brought this thread to a dead stop. lol
Old 03-12-2009, 09:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

Interesting... when I posted this poll I was anticipating a supercharged Z28 model but with doubts. Now the design is in and ready to be released only to be put on hold due to this economy, GM's bail out funds and the bean counters.

I say GM should complete the execution of their Camaro (Base, SS & Z28) plans in conjunction with creating gas efficient/hybrid/alternate fuel transportation for the masses.

If Ford can build and release the new 2010 540hp GT500 while Dodge expedited the release of the 425hp Challenger then Chevy BETTER keep up and stay on top! They are already "a day late and a dollar short", don't be the only one of the big three to stay at the end of the pack.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hc8719
Holy **** Johnny GTO, your post brought this thread to a dead stop. lol

lol. you aint kidding. Bummer, it was a good discussion before the bickering.

i would like to see the camaro supercharged, personally.
Old 03-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Launching!

anybody read my post like 8 down from this one?.... SLP is coming out with a list of performance upgrades for the ss and one of the upgrades happens to be a supercharger. Ill bet money SLP is gunna have a Z/28 package. It makes sense, considering GM doesnt have the money to do that and they'll actually save money by having SLP do it. Just like SLP help bring back the SS in 96, theyre gunna help bring back the Z/28. Hell they already have a "Firehawk" option for the G8 GT. Soooo if the theyre bringing back the Firehawk name then they obviously are gunna do something for chevy and what better vehicle than the Camaro. In summary, sometime in the near future SLP will have a Z/28 option... is what me thinks
Old 03-17-2009, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TVS 2300 Maggie kits are already out. Anyone can make a Z28 for less money than a GT500 and spank them handily.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jblazy18
In summary, sometime in the near future SLP will have a Firehawk option... is what me thinks
Fixed.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Launching!

SLP already has a Firehawk option!...

For those of you who havnt seen yet heres the link:

http://www.slp-firehawk.com

And i repeat... me thinks SLP will have a Z/28 option soon
Old 03-18-2009, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I believe GM has a trademark of the "Z/28" name. SLP would have to come up with something else, given SLP even gets a contract

Quick Reply: POLL: The possibility of a Camaro Z28 model