Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion
View Poll Results: Will there be a Z28 Camaro model? What do you think?
Yes, a supercharged version
42.86%
Yes, a more powerful naturally aspitated version
21.10%
Yes, but probably all cosmetic with no additional power
5.52%
Maybe... not really sure
11.69%
Probably not
18.83%
Voters: 308. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: The possibility of a Camaro Z28 model

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Vette shouldn't take as many mods as a Mustang to be that fast. I don't care for when ppl (neither Ford nor GM guys) try to compare the Corvette with the Mustang....it's just a lopsided apples to grapefruits comparison. The GT500 has a considerable amount more mass than any current Corvette, so its not gonna be as fast at equal power levels. Yes, that's common sense....but it seems to escape the grasp of alot of fanboys when they're trying to make their brand favorite look good. And the pricing of these cars only matters to the ppl that are writing the check to drive one of them off the dealer lot.

And yes, anything you do to the drivetrain of your car....Ford or GM....is gonna void any warranty claim you may try to make for that part of the car in the future should something go wrong. That's just the way it is........you pay to play.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Brandon Smith
Your right the camaro did stop after 2002 and the sad thing is those can still beat the CURRENT mustang GT now that is what is really really sad.

Next you are talking about any mod that bumps up power for as LS motor voids the warranty and then you turn around and talk about turning up the boost on a GT500???? So are you trying to say Ford warranties even that lol I dont think so. The thing is GM doesnt need to offer a power package that still comes warrantied because there base power package beats the power packages of the mustang.

Show me a factory boosted LS motor and show me all these problems you are talking about. Yes any motor modded to make huge power is going to see some problems. Yeah and I am glad to know they can run 10's with bolt ons when GM has done it with just DR lol good job and good point.

So you are saying that the blower they put on a ZR1 meant to be a track car can not endure long sprints around a track hmmmmm i think the nurinburg track times and a lot of other people that have done times on these cars would like to differ on that view of yours.

And are you getting on them for testing a boosted application finding the problems and finding ways to fix it???? I am glad they did better than just sticking something together and hoping it works.

And you want to see if a ZR1 can hold up down the road? I guess we will see and i feel like we will see 10's without any bolt ons that the GT500 had to have just like the Z06 did and I am sure we will see 9's pretty easy also but like you said time will tell. Def wont take as many mods as those GT500's had probably
First of all, it's you're, not your.

As for your Mustang GTs not being able to beat 02 f-bodies argument. It goes both ways. The 2002 WS6 and Camaro SS had the same MSRP as the 03-04 SVT Cobras as did the 04-06 GTOs, guess what both get raped by 03-04 Cobras, stock and with bolt-ons. It's 2010 now and the 2003 Cobra will still be raping the new Camaro. Cobras were under-rated and put down 370-390rwhp stock and they will weigh 300lbs less, not to mention it has a blower, iron block, supporting crap and is STILL lighter. I don't think it's sad, but if you want to use that argument I thought you should know that.

As for voiding the warranty I was talking about mods that will make any SIGNIFICANT GAINS. HEADERS = VOIDED WARRANTY, CAM = VOIDED WARRANTY, HEADS = VOIDED WARRANTY, AFTERMARKET FORCED INDUCTION = VOIDED WARRANTY. The GT500 can be pullied and tuned and then turned back to STOCK in 20 minutes with the pulley removal tool and a flash programmer in your garage. I did the same thing with my 03 Cobra until the warranty was up. You can't make 550rwhp+ in a Camaro without going into the motor and doing major modifications. That wouldn't really be an issue, IF THE CAMARO DIDN'T WEIGH SO MUCH! The whole idea behind having an N/A aluminum motor over a iron forged blown motor is weight savings, well that isn't the case here.

The power package I was referring to is a supercharged package for BASE GTs. 420hp+ @ 3500lbs is better than 430hp@4000lbs, and it's all under the full warranty. All I was saying is GM should offer a comparable power package since the car is so damn heavy. Ford knew the GT is underpowered so they offered a warrantied performance package that will enable it to blow the doors off the Camaro, and since the GT is $4,000 less than the Camaro and the performance package from Ford racing is $3,700 it kinda works out nicely for the performance enthusiasts.

As for the ZR1. Read my post again, GM engineers off the record said the car simply won't handle much power over stock levels when it came to long-term reliability. People boost all sorts of LSX motors and I've seen ALL SORTS of issues. GM is trying to build a car that will last 100K miles+, not have the reliability and countless issues of a aftermarket car. I've been there and done that, so don't try to teach me anything about LSX motors. BTW, the ZR1 is already having clutch and cooling problems at stock power levels. Lets see how it holds up when it's modded, better yet lets see how it holds up after 30-40K miles modded. The ZR1 is VERY impressive from the factory, but I simply quoted what GM engineers said verbatim.

Last edited by BayareaCobra; 02-01-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BayareaCobra
First of all, it's you're, not your.

As for your Mustang GTs not being able to beat 02 f-bodies argument. It goes both ways. The 2002 WS6 and Camaro SS had the same MSRP as the 03-04 SVT Cobras as did the 04-06 GTOs, guess what both get raped by 03-04 Cobras, stock and with bolt-ons. It's 2010 now and the 2003 Cobra will still be raping the new Camaro. Cobras were under-rated and put down 370-390rwhp stock and they will weigh 300lbs less, not to mention it has a blower, iron block, supporting crap and is STILL lighter. I don't think it's sad, but if you want to use that argument I thought you should know that.

As for voiding the warranty I was talking about mods that will make any SIGNIFICANT GAINS. HEADERS = VOIDED WARRANTY, CAM = VOIDED WARRANTY, HEADS = VOIDED WARRANTY, AFTERMARKET FORCED INDUCTION = VOIDED WARRANTY. The GT500 can be pullied and tuned and then turned back to STOCK in 20 minutes with the pulley removal tool and a flash programmer in your garage. I did the same thing with my 03 Cobra until the warranty was up. You can't make 550rwhp+ in a Camaro without going into the motor and doing major modifications. That wouldn't really be an issue, IF THE CAMARO DIDN'T WEIGH SO MUCH! The whole idea behind having an N/A aluminum motor over a iron forged blown motor is weight savings, well that isn't the case here.

The power package I was referring to is a supercharged package for BASE GTs. 420hp+ @ 3500lbs is better than 430hp@4000lbs, and it's all under the full warranty. All I was saying is GM should offer a comparable power package since the car is so damn heavy. Ford knew the GT is underpowered so they offered a warrantied performance package that will enable it to blow the doors off the Camaro, and since the GT is $4,000 less than the Camaro and the performance package from Ford racing is $3,700 it kinda works out nicely for the performance enthusiasts.

As for the ZR1. Read my post again, GM engineers off the record said the car simply won't handle much power over stock levels when it came to long-term reliability. People boost all sorts of LSX motors and I've seen ALL SORTS of issues. GM is trying to build a car that will last 100K miles+, not have the reliability and countless issues of a aftermarket car. I've been there and done that, so don't try to teach me anything about LSX motors. BTW, the ZR1 is already having clutch and cooling problems at stock power levels. Lets see how it holds up when it's modded, better yet lets see how it holds up after 30-40K miles modded. The ZR1 is VERY impressive from the factory, but I simply quoted what GM engineers said verbatim.

First off this is not english class so dont let a contraction ruin your day I know that you're is a contraction for you are but I do not feel the need to go through all that you hopefully read it just the same and know what the hell i am talking about.

I wouldnt agree with a stock 03 04 cobra easily handing it to a stock camaro because the 03 04 cobras were highly overrated from the factory....does that mean they cant put out stupid numbers and hold up....no it doesnt because they can but they were not all that in stock form for supposedly being rated at 390. And you def will not see a stock cobra hand it to a stock LS3 I am sorry it just wont happen. Pullied cobras cant even keep up with some cammed LS1.

So you are saying your pulley swap doesnt void the warranty and i know you understand it does but I know you are trying to say that anyone can easily switch things back and go back to stock and take it back and try and trick ford which should never have to happen the way you talk about how bulletproof they are. Are you trying to say somebody can but on headers and an intake and tune and not be able to switch it back...come on man it goes both ways. Some can do a simple header and intake swap its not that freaking hard. I wont go into heads and cam can do the same thing because that goes a little more in depth but thats not even really that hard with these motors to do a cam swap.

And if you are all into this reliability thing that you seem to be in which most on this forum dont worry about that much you def dont need to be going up in boost on a motor because the cobra motors being the smaller motors they are to make the same exact RWHP that a NA LS motor are going to have to have higher cylinder pressure not to mention if they were the same size engine and one has to use forced induction to meet the same RWHP as the NA engine then the forced induction engine still has higher cylinder pressures because obviously the supercharged engine has a parasitic loss from the supercharger itself so the engine technically has to make more power to make up for that loss even though it doesnt show it. Higher cylinder pressures over time usually equal to shorter engine life.

I would love to see all these problems of cooling issues and clutch problems of the ZR1 that you are talking about because i have yet to read about them. Not saying they are not there but would be interested in reading about it. Even at stock power levels I dont see why a ZR1 would have problems going deep into the 10's.

But I dont think you will see a problem a new camaro handing it to a mustang GT or even the performance package GT
Old 02-01-2009, 11:32 PM
Staging Lane

And are you saying you made 550 RWHP with a pulley swap and a tune??? Because if you did my friend that got a terminator got screwed because he didnt get those numbers with a pulley and a tune.

Again anybody can fool a dealership if thats what you are talking about doing I know of people spraying nitrous and having problems returning it back to stock and taking it back saying it just broke. Like i said man it goes both ways.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:35 AM
On The Tree

Z28 cosmetic-only?!@?! line up the gm toadie who decides this and I'll give something!

as to whether to should be -charged or NA...
at this pint/point, but for what I'd spend money on, go for /charged OR NA, whatever gives me the best usable power across the band and awesome pushback-into-the-seat-experience without totally sucking my gas tank dry. Seriously, I think if GM can give us the best overall performance/bang for the buck in one way or the other, go that way. Don't be doctrinaire, look at what gets us the best zoom for the money. And be prepared to change when tech advances!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

And are you saying you made 550 RWHP with a pulley swap and a tune??? Because if you did my friend that got a terminator got screwed because he didnt get those numbers with a pulley and a tune.

Again anybody can fool a dealership if thats what you are talking about doing I know of people spraying nitrous and having problems returning it back to stock and taking it back saying it just broke. Like i said man it goes both ways.
No I'm saying GT500s do, Evolution stage I kit. As for nitrous, you're right it goes both ways. You should see the numbers GT500s with a pulley tune + nitrous are putting down. There are 3 guys running 9s with the stock blower, bolt-ons and nitrous, and 4-5 people running mid-low 10s. Nitrous makes any car fast if you're willing do something like that to your new car.

The pulley and tune takes 20 minutes to do, and it can be done in your garage, with the hand held flash tuner it's 100% untraceable because you can turn the tune back to factory specs with the press of a button. It's one of the perks of a factory forced induction car.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:15 AM
Staging Lane

I wouldnt agree with a stock 03 04 cobra easily handing it to a stock camaro because the 03 04 cobras were highly overrated from the factory....does that mean they cant put out stupid numbers and hold up....no it doesnt because they can but they were not all that in stock form for supposedly being rated at 390. And you def will not see a stock cobra hand it to a stock LS3 I am sorry it just wont happen. Pullied cobras cant even keep up with some cammed LS1.
EASILY!!!!!!!!!

370-390rwhp @ 3665lbs is better than 380rwhp @3950lbs!! RAPE!!!!!!!!! I didn't buy my Cobra new, but the previous owner gave me the dyno sheet, 378rwhp BONE STOCK WITH 250 MILES! Go on modularfords.com and learn something if you're going to start an argument about what Cobras dyno stock! Then mod for mod it will be even worse. As for a pullied Cobra not being able to keep up with some cammed LS1s, sure if those cammed LS1s are running mid-low 11s@121-123mph+. Yeah I've owned both platforms, I know what's up. I know some pullied Cobras don't run that well because of shitty tunes and drivers, I also know that some cammed LS1s run like complete **** for the same reason.

What kind of cars have you owned? Just curious, any high HP LSX powered cars? Any Cobras?

As for the clutch.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/index...-Hits-the-Dyno

After back to back dyno runs on other runs the ZR1 was putting 30-40rwhp+ less! The in-efficiency of the stock intercooler is ridiculous, you can choose to deny it but the proof is in the numbers and the claims by the GM engineers themselves!

So you are saying your pulley swap doesnt void the warranty and i know you understand it does but I know you are trying to say that anyone can easily switch things back and go back to stock and take it back and try and trick ford which should never have to happen the way you talk about how bulletproof they are. Are you trying to say somebody can but on headers and an intake and tune and not be able to switch it back...come on man it goes both ways. Some can do a simple header and intake swap its not that freaking hard. I wont go into heads and cam can do the same thing because that goes a little more in depth but thats not even really that hard with these motors to do a cam swap.
No genius, I'm saying you can take a pulley off in 15 minutes with the pulley removal tool. Go learn something about these platforms before you speak. Installing headers is 10X the labor AND cost of a frickin $150 pulley and it won't make 1/5th the gains! What do you think intake/headers is going to net 550rwhp like in a GT500 or even 430rwhp+ in a 03-04 Cobra? Go ahead put a huge cam, headers, intake, TB, custom dyno tune just to make 500rwhp in a brand new $35,000 3950lb car! At that curb weight the Camaro is at a HUGE disadvantage being N/A against a forced induction car with a forged motor that WEIGHS LESS. PERIOD!

And if you are all into this reliability thing that you seem to be in which most on this forum dont worry about that much you def dont need to be going up in boost on a motor because the cobra motors being the smaller motors they are to make the same exact RWHP that a NA LS motor are going to have to have higher cylinder pressure not to mention if they were the same size engine and one has to use forced induction to meet the same RWHP as the NA engine then the forced induction engine still has higher cylinder pressures because obviously the supercharged engine has a parasitic loss from the supercharger itself so the engine technically has to make more power to make up for that loss even though it doesnt show it. Higher cylinder pressures over time usually equal to shorter engine life.
Can I has English class? Higher cylinder pressures equating to shorter engine life used as a universal statement about all motors is the single dumbest thing I have ever heard. I guess the Supras with a tiny 3.0L I6 with 150-200K miles running 20-30-40psi should have blown up, or the Cobras with 80-120k+ miles. Have you owned a Cobra? Have you owned a high powered LSX car? My Cobra has 74K miles, stock motor, pullied for 50K miles and sprayed with a 150 shot for about 7K miles now. Sorry I can't really say the same for my f-body, the car was costing me so much money I dumped it at 10K miles after the 402 motor had to go in after blowing up the stock motor at 50K miles, (yes I had a great tuner, the car was blowing 2 damn quarts of oil even at 30K miles with just a little nitrous). Then after only 15K miles the new owner came back to me bitching about the VERY EXPENSIVE 402 motor going AGAIN. I loved my Formula, but I wish I just left it N/A, or gone with an LQ9 block. Way too many headaches for a street driven car, if I put 3K miles a year I probably would've been happy but I like to drive the **** out of my cars.

But I dont think you will see a problem a new camaro handing it to a mustang GT or even the performance package GT
You think a GT with 420hp+ will lose to the new Camaro that weighs 500lbs more with the same power. Geez, this new Camaro must be able to break the laws of physics, you sir have impressed me with your knowledgeable insight!!!

Last edited by BayareaCobra; 02-02-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

GM is more screwed right now, they just took a huge bailout that Ford didn't need. They also had to cut Hummer H2 production, and cancel a plan to build a huge plant in Flint that was supposed to build their most profitable cars recently.

As for ZR1s not being sold, do an autotrader search and go on the corvetteforums. There is no waiting list, there are no markups. Also on the Corvetteforums there are new 2008 Corvettes going for under $40K, and used ones going for under mid $30s with low mileage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoKKYn_TCG0
Damn you are one vexxing SOB. Of course GM is cutting back on Hummer production, every ******* car company is cutting back on SUV production, numbnut. And while I am unfamiliar with GM not opening a new plant, I would like to point out at this time, none of the Detroit Three are seriosly planning any new plants they don't need.

I did an autotrader search within 500 miles of myself, and found three ZR1's, two priced at $125,000 and one at $149,000

Unlike you, I actually have proof:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1233597105027

(Ohh and I'd just like to point out that none of the Corvette's, even the base models are priced below, $40,000 [only one is at $40,999, while I'm at it] Stop blowing steam out your ***)

How do you like me now, bitch?
Old 02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope none of the GM guys on ls1tech feel the need to go on mustang forums and be argumentative and whine about Ford products.

As for what the thread is supposed to be about...I would like to see a Z28 as of old - road course performance oriented. I guess I wouldn't be unhappy about either a naturally aspirated or an LSA version.

I do think that GM intends to build a Z28, but they no longer answer to shareholders and consumers only. They are now controlled by/answer to the ferderal government who doesn't listen to consumers/we the people. With liberal control comes liberal agnedas. (the opposite is true also. it's just that conservative [not Repub] agendas are less government intervention and more freedom to the consumer)
Old 02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hc8719
Damn you are one vexxing SOB. Of course GM is cutting back on Hummer production, every ******* car company is cutting back on SUV production, numbnut. And while I am unfamiliar with GM not opening a new plant, I would like to point out at this time, none of the Detroit Three are seriosly planning any new plants they don't need.

I did an autotrader search within 500 miles of myself, and found three ZR1's, two priced at $125,000 and one at $149,000

Unlike you, I actually have proof:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...=1233597105027

(Ohh and I'd just like to point out that none of the Corvette's, even the base models are priced below, $40,000 [only one is at $40,999, while I'm at it] Stop blowing steam out your ***)

How do you like me now, bitch?
Numbnut? LOL I see I pissed off a little girl..

Hmm at my local dealership they have 2 @ MSRP that haven't sold in a month. Why aren't they selling? Why don't you send those guys on autotrader an email and ask them why their $125,000 Vettes haven't sold yet. They could list them for $300,000, that doesn't mean they're selling.

And yes there was a base model 1sb Vette on the Corvette forums for $39,999 and it took over 3 weeks to sell, you found one for $41K ROFL, how much under MSRP is that again, ($10,000 LOL).

Oh and BTW, GM didn't "cut back on Hummer production" they completely SHUT DOWN THE PLANT. They also completely canceled a plant to create engines for their most profitable cars in flint Michigan because they have no capital.

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6414...ant/index.html

THEY'RE BROKE, if the government hadn't given them an emergency multi-billion dollar bailout they would have filed for bankruptcy! They're doing the worst right now of the big three, and that's a FACT. IMO, this is just the start, I expect to see a major subsidizing of GM models in the next 3-4 years.

Originally Posted by gallardo259
I hope none of the GM guys on ls1tech feel the need to go on mustang forums and be argumentative and whine about Ford products.

As for what the thread is supposed to be about...I would like to see a Z28 as of old - road course performance oriented. I guess I wouldn't be unhappy about either a naturally aspirated or an LSA version.

I do think that GM intends to build a Z28, but they no longer answer to shareholders and consumers only. They are now controlled by/answer to the ferderal government who doesn't listen to consumers/we the people. With liberal control comes liberal agnedas. (the opposite is true also. it's just that conservative [not Repub] agendas are less government intervention and more freedom to the consumer)
Oh they do, there are about 5,000 f-body owners whining about GT500s and Mustangs on the Stang forums. I would be happy if GM did build a z28, but I personally don't think it will happen because of the position GM is currently in. That's all I'm saying, IMO it would be a gamble to put the R&D in a high-powered Z28 at this time, when they can't even stay afloat without government assistance. I think GM needs to first see if they can come close to selling as many Camaros as Mustangs, then worry about trying to compete with the GT500. Lets just hope history doesn't repeat itself like with the f-body and GTO and gets axed.

Some seem to think HP and MPG is the answer to selling cars. Lets not forget the LS1 and LT1 f-bodies were always faster and got better gas mileage than the Mustang, the Mustang always outsold it regardless, (and by no small amount either).

edit : BTW, I like your Camaro, are those FISKE wheels?

Last edited by BayareaCobra; 02-02-2009 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

edit : BTW, I like your Camaro, are those FISKE wheels?
I know this one. Those are FIKSE FM10s - my favorite wheel.

To stay on topic, I really hope they do make a Z28 model. I'm looking to buy either the Z28 or the C6 Vette. It'll all depend on if the Z28 is made, and if so, what's in it.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually they are Fikse Profil 13's.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gallardo259
Actually they are Fikse Profil 13's.
Fikses are the sh*t. Never seen em on a camaro before
Old 02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Staging Lane

And there is where we see the problem you had a bad experience with a LS motor so now all of them are shitty. Because obviously everything you do is right and the motor just sucks. I knew there was some sort of underlying problem. Technically there have always been power package camaros they are just rare because they dont need to make that more power there is really no point when they usually have more power than the cars in their category anyway. Berger, Intimidators, blackhawks, and others. Point is you are just butt hurt over a bad experience so they all suck now. I have had a LS powered 2000 camaro and now a LS powered 67 camaro. As far as the cobras i have had a few friends that have had a terminator. We dont discriminate in our car club
Old 02-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

And there is where we see the problem you had a bad experience with a LS motor so now all of them are shitty. Because obviously everything you do is right and the motor just sucks. I knew there was some sort of underlying problem. Technically there have always been power package camaros they are just rare because they dont need to make that more power there is really no point when they usually have more power than the cars in their category anyway. Berger, Intimidators, blackhawks, and others. Point is you are just butt hurt over a bad experience so they all suck now. I have had a LS powered 2000 camaro and now a LS powered 67 camaro. As far as the cobras i have had a few friends that have had a terminator. We dont discriminate in our car club
Never said the motor sucks, just stated my personal experience with both platforms. How much power are you making with your LS Camaros? You obviously think you know the reliability of Cobras and high HP Camaros, so you must have owned both right?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Launching!

An LSA Z28 wouldn't have durability issues.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What exactly are you trying to accomplish BayAreaCobra?

Ford made some really cool light cobra back in '04, and the GT500 is cool? And that GM, like every other car company (even Toyota will be posting its first and only loss in 71 years this quarter).

Did you really expect you could persuade a GM LS series site, that Ford builds the best cars, and is the best company in the universe, probably! Ohh and that Ford's sports car is so much better, and can run a quarter mile 13 seconds, and is the best car in the world, and can fly, and shoot lightning from the exhaust?

Why can't you just chill like "ThisBlood147", he's a Mustang guy, and he puts in his opinion here and there, which I have no problem with, but he doesn't scream "THE MUSTANG IS THE BEST CAR EVER, IT EATS CAMARO'S FOR LUNCH, OHH AND THE CORVETTE IS SELLING FOR INVOICE PRICING, GM'S FUCKED BECAUSE THE CORVETTE IS SELLING FOR ONLY $40,000"

Are you just looking to troll?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by triggerjerk
An LSA Z28 wouldn't have durability issues.
LOL thats funny

not because i think it would, just how confident you are in something that hasnt been done or tested for any amount of time in the hands of consumers
Old 02-03-2009, 11:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by hc8719
What exactly are you trying to accomplish BayAreaCobra?

Ford made some really cool light cobra back in '04, and the GT500 is cool? And that GM, like every other car company (even Toyota will be posting its first and only loss in 71 years this quarter).

Did you really expect you could persuade a GM LS series site, that Ford builds the best cars, and is the best company in the universe, probably! Ohh and that Ford's sports car is so much better, and can run a quarter mile 13 seconds, and is the best car in the world, and can fly, and shoot lightning from the exhaust?

Why can't you just chill like "ThisBlood147", he's a Mustang guy, and he puts in his opinion here and there, which I have no problem with, but he doesn't scream "THE MUSTANG IS THE BEST CAR EVER, IT EATS CAMARO'S FOR LUNCH, OHH AND THE CORVETTE IS SELLING FOR INVOICE PRICING, GM'S FUCKED BECAUSE THE CORVETTE IS SELLING FOR ONLY $40,000"

Are you just looking to troll?
I'm simply responding to a post that another member made stating it's a sad story that f-bodies in 02 can still beat 05-09 Mustangs. Just pointing out that it goes both ways since Ford's 03-04 Cobra also hasn't been outperformed by a pony car from GM. Never said it was the best car ever, don't put words in my mouth.

You know all I did was point out GM's current financial troubles and how that would, (IMO) stop GM from producing a high powered Z28 Camaro. Yes, all car companies are doing bad, but GM is doing the worst, I'm sorry that upsets you but it's a simple fact. They are the only car company to receive a HUGE bailout from the govt, they also claim they're going to need billions more through the next couple years to stay afloat. People got all bent out of shape when I posted the obvious truth simply because I now own a Ford.

It's a fact that the Mustang has always outsold the Camaro, it's a fact that GM had to stop producing Camaros and GTOs due to sales. My opinion was that GM would be taking a giant gamble to produce a z28 in their current financial position. It would be like Ford putting the R&D to build a 2 seater sports car to compete with the Vette, (a gamble they would never take).

If my opinion supported with facts and my personal experiences is trolling, then label me a troll.

Last edited by BayareaCobra; 02-03-2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It wouldn't cost a whole lot to insert an LSA, so they will do it.

Quick Reply: POLL: The possibility of a Camaro Z28 model