Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2010 SS at the track

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lemons12
your right.. im in denial, your god man.. you know everything.. im just some ignorant dumb son of a bitch that knows absolutely nothing that im talking about... i dont know why im even on these boards, i dont even know anyting about these cars..... damn, why cant i be more like you.. must be nice knowing EVERYTHING...
I never claimed to know everything. Ask me about procharger or turbo setups and I'm completely lost. But everything I said in this thread just happens to be accurate. And most of which I provided you with links to show I wasn't just talking out of my you know what.

as for how i took his question... it was, you said you had mods, where are they? and thats how i answered... ive helped many people with their setups on this board and achieve the times/power they wanted.. had a lot of people copy my setup....
All I saw was this:

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
What mods?

Just out of interest.
That looks polite to me and didn't say anything about "where are they". If it was said on a previous page and I missed it then I appologise. If not then I think you might have over reacted a bit.

you dont need to worry about whatever the hell im doing.. ill talk/post however the hell i want to.. been doing it since i first started posting, and i will continue long after your gone from here..
I've been here at ls1tech since 2003 and I doubt I'll ever go anywhere. It was and still is the best LSX website out there. Even if the day comes where I no longer own a LSX vehicle I would still come here and help others. That's just the way I am.

Good luck with the sale of your car, the modding of your future car and have a great second half to your weekend.

Last edited by darrensls1; 06-07-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:49 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Do you guys really need to insult each other so much to get your point across? It is what it is. Chevy knew they were building a very heavy Camaro. You know youre buying a very heavy Camaro. It would be very cool to see you guys stop the insults.

I am very curious to see what they will trap with 500 N/A rwhp. I know C6's will just break 130 so I wonder where will the Camaro be with 500rwhp or more?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darrensls1
I never claimed to know everything. Ask me about procharger or turbo setups and I'm completely lost. But everything I said in this thread just happens to be accurate. And most of which I provided you with links to show I wasn't just talking out of my you know what.

All I saw was this:

That looks polite to me and didn't say anything about "where are they". If it was said on a previous page and I missed it then I appologise. If not then I think you might have over reacted a bit.

I've been here at ls1tech since 2003 and I doubt I'll ever go anywhere. It was and still is the best LSX website out there. Even if the day comes where I no longer own a LSX vehicle I would still come here and help others. That's just the way I am.

Good luck with the sale of your car, the modding of your future car and have a great second half to your weekend.
ok mr.polite.. im sorry you think i over reacted a little bit and it hurt your feelings.. i think the person i directed it towards took it ok.. i gave him a full mod list.. and anyone can PM anytime inquiring about my setup or my thoughts on another setup..
ls1.com at one time was better than ls1tech.com, now there is no comparison of course..

you have a nice day too...
Old 06-07-2009, 03:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Do you guys really need to insult each other so much to get your point across? It is what it is. Chevy knew they were building a very heavy Camaro. You know youre buying a very heavy Camaro. It would be very cool to see you guys stop the insults.

I am very curious to see what they will trap with 500 N/A rwhp. I know C6's will just break 130 so I wonder where will the Camaro be with 500rwhp or more?
you know i never do anything wrong jay....

Old 06-07-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys....

Didn't you see this post and watch the vid ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2xB90FLGXk

All that 5th gen has is a CAI and tune.. ran a 12.58 ! .....

Once these cars are out for awhile longer 11's are going to be relatively easy to attain.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know i never do anything wrong jay....
lol i hate you guys... i just read all these pages about yall fighting.. lol

i like the new camaro but i think id own another vette before owning a new camaro later on.

only seen one 2010 camaro at a meet, and it already had H/C/I Nitrous... so no comparison for me..
Old 06-07-2009, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok mr.polite.. im sorry you think i over reacted a little bit and it hurt your feelings.. i think the person i directed it towards took it ok.. i gave him a full mod list.. and anyone can PM anytime inquiring about my setup or my thoughts on another setup..
How could it hurt my feelings when it wasn't even directed at me? It was simply an observation. And I am polite. Most of the time

ls1.com at one time was better than ls1tech.com, now there is no comparison of course..
That is blasphemy!

LS1.com LS1TECH.com

you have a nice day too...
Thanks! I actually had a great day. I took my 9 year old son to the local zoo and we had a blast. He got a free train ride because the girl running the thing felt sorry for him since he has a broken arm.

Kids milking that injury for all it's worth

I think it's about played out at this point anyway. And I always try to avoid personal attacks and keep my posts clean and respectful.

It's not looking good so far. 11.5 @ 120 with 588 rwhp on N20 according to this thread:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/2010-cama...9-120-6-a.html

But they are still new and not fully broken in. Maybe in fall air with a few more break in miles we'll see some better numbers. But they need to put these cars on a serious diet if they are gonna come close to C6 numbers.

Last edited by darrensls1; 06-07-2009 at 07:36 PM.