Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2009 Camaro? Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm not going to ban Doug. I just think he is somewhat of a vulture for hanging around this forum just to see any drama. He already admitted he doesn't use this site, and isn't worried about his reputation in this community.

Oh well, I'm over it too Doug. If you ever meet me in person you will know I'm not the evil mastermind super-spy that you hope I am.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious why email them to the Site admins, surely someone could have gotten massive cash to leak to the Mags?

Why this website?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OrigZ
For the last time....try practicing reading comprehension...

I simply told PSJ who he was talking to...and some of the reading challenged on here attacked me.....and for the record I was attacked first.

Let it go......
You, sir, are a chump!

Please confine yourself to central Indiana...we don't want you anywhere around these parts
Old 12-07-2005, 05:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniRex
I'm curious why email them to the Site admins, surely someone could have gotten massive cash to leak to the Mags?

Why this website?
good question. Probably because they knew this was the busiest Camaro-related site on the net and that it might reach more viewers? Magazines would probably take a couple months to show it, and by then the real car would have been unveiled already. I'm not sure anyone would have paid for those, they weren't "actual" cars in the images.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Why this website?
Because we're probably one of the most vocal proponents for the 5th gen. Someone obviously knew the site, and knew what our response would be.

And I doubt the mags would pay a lot of $$$ for spy pics. Even if they'd be the first to publish the pics, this isnt the latest pic of Tara Reid's nipple, or Britney's baby. Its technically a concept car, and I wouldnt expect them to pay much, if anything for them.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:07 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hylton
Banned contestant number 3......

Ive read enough of his comments.. As far as the pics go, I would have done the same if they would have been emailed to me. He had no way of knowing they were actual GM pics. On further note, I dont know if it matters or not, but there a numerous sites with these pics out there & the ls1tech logo is still on all the ones Ive seen.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

00 Black SS oughtta get a chance. He could have been out of town, seen this post and got excited and just asked for pics. I about crapped myself when I heard about the pics. I have been waiting for many years to see this replacement and was so happy. I think he oughtta get a chance, he had not posted on this thread before and may have just seen the thread, got excited, and asked for pics. How many of us did not get excited? I personally put off studying for finals for two hours just to find the pics last night. I wish a guy with 163 posts, an LS1Tech enthusiast, and an excited Camaro owner would be given a chance seeing as we have been waiting for this for many years.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Teching In

This site holds very little for me...the reason for my low post count. I hardly need credibility amongst this crowd.

Listen....I realize that poor judgement was used, but anyone can see your real motivation...but stop attacking me as if I were the real problem here....I didn't cause the problem, I just called you on it.

Tony, honestly, I wish your site the best as it does add to the dozens of other sites that allow the f-body community to thrive.

I'm done.....
Thats great so stop whoring up the site if you could care less about it. Slightly hypocritical ehh.

Now does anyone care to tell me exactly who this guy is that makes him think hes King Kong? He's a fool as far as I am concerned.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Junkie

And, why is GM talking crap about LS1Tech? LS1Tech is not the organization that skirted a contract after closing someone's job. LS1Tech placed pictures on the web in good faith (on a website that makes GM money). Even if in January GM's whiz-bang lawyers can say "oh we decided to name the car Camaro after the contract was void." The Canadian lawyers could prove intent to name the car a Camaro. I do not know what is in that contract, but if no work was to be done to a Camaro till January of 06, I think the Canadians have a case for the intent to name the car a Camaro.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Enthusiast
Thats great so stop whoring up the site if you could care less about it. Slightly hypocritical ehh.

Now does anyone care to tell me exactly who this guy is that makes him think hes King Kong? He's a fool as far as I am concerned.
Read back a couple pages it tells you. He over/in/tied to the Fbody club in Indiana. In other words not much of anybody!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

as far as I'm concerned, Gm still owes us for the optispark
Old 12-07-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WECIV
00 Black SS oughtta get a chance. He could have been out of town, seen this post and got excited and just asked for pics. I about crapped myself when I heard about the pics. I have been waiting for many years to see this replacement and was so happy. I think he oughtta get a chance, he had not posted on this thread before and may have just seen the thread, got excited, and asked for pics. How many of us did not get excited? I personally put off studying for finals for two hours just to find the pics last night. I wish a guy with 163 posts, an LS1Tech enthusiast, and an excited Camaro owner would be given a chance seeing as we have been waiting for this for many years.
True, but on the same token it was posted previously. Im sure he was excited and was at the thought of pics, but it was still posted policy towards what would happen if people asked. Now Im not sayin lets ban him for life, but a little suspension never hurt anyone and who knows, Tony might let them come back early after some of the drama settles down. Even if he is a little pic stealing devil lol (dont ban me!)
Old 12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Teching In

You guys all act pissed that GM is pulling the pics from everywhere they are found, why???

Personally, I think this leak, and then GM making people pull it is the best thing they could have done. What better advertising could there be than having your buddies send the pics to your personal email?

The challenger pics were all over the net in about 3 days, and forgotten by day 4. These will be talked about enthusiastically for the next month while the pics go "underground" to everyone and their brother.

How many of you saved the pics of the challenger to your hard drive? How many saved these pics?
Old 12-07-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

DRAMA DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow this thread was pretty entertaining.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I already explained that someone emailed them to me anonymously. There was no return email address, and no message except for "look at this". I can assure that I did not forward anyone else these images, I simply added the watermark and posted them here. They weren't pics of an actual car, just models. The interior pic was just a sketch. We had no reason to believe they were 'legit' or not. Just some nice concepts like we have seen around the net.
I am more of a lurker on this site...except to look for good deals on parts.

But its time to chime in on this one. This is just plain false(although the author can claim ignorance), a return address is *ALWAYS* present in email. Its not like the postal service, where someone can choose to not print their name on the outside of the envelope.

Digital mail always leaves a signature. I know this because this is what I do for a living.

But again, the author may not know better. Either the author of this post is genuinely unknowledgeable of the facts, or is trying to cover themselves.

So in the interest of "getting to the bottom of things", I'll gladly take the email and do some investigative work for ya. I should be able to pinpoint who/what/where fairly easily - unless of course the original mail is modified in some fashion.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Oh well, I'm over it too Doug. If you ever meet me in person you will know I'm not the evil mastermind super-spy that you hope I am.

You liar.. You're the Bond 007 of Houston.. Well.. You got enough cars to be.

PS - you have a pm coming. There are other pics
Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Derek69SS
You guys all act pissed that GM is pulling the pics from everywhere they are found, why???
No, people were upset because some felt GM was treating the forum like a bunch of thieves who were trying to undermine their entire 5th gen operation instead of being enthusiests who were excited that after 4 years we finally had something to show for all the prayers on bringing our Camaro back.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This site holds very little for me...the reason for my low post count. I hardly need credibility amongst this crowd.
Excellent! Then you'll have no problem getting the **** out.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:45 PM
Launching!

The person in possesion of them couldnt sell them, because no one would pay for GM property. These were not spy pics. They were GM property, and no one was going to fork over money for something that very well could have landed them in court... and I doubt anyone was gonna protect their source if it came to that, so the end consequence is the source would lose their job with GM.

good question. Probably because they knew this was the busiest Camaro-related site on the net and that it might reach more viewers? Magazines would probably take a couple months to show it, and by then the real car would have been unveiled already. I'm not sure anyone would have paid for those, they weren't "actual" cars in the images.
Tony, I have no axe to grind. This is a great FCar site with a wealth of information. I have been a member a long time.... but this was not the first site that was approached with these pictures, just the first site willing to host them.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Launching!

just to add why GM wanted the pics pulled.... think about this.

First impressions mean alot, right?

Would you walk into a job interview desheveled and ungroomed?

Why would GM want the first impression of something this important to be a "half n half" model?

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro? Where is it?