Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2009 Camaro? Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mongse
Really?

Regardless, the pictures look nice. I'm glad someone leaked them out.
He's refering to someone emailing copies of the contract to us.

And not saying I have first-hand info on what the contract said or anything like that, or how GM handles their contracts etc. Was just trying to convey my point as per what I understand about contracts...
Old 12-07-2005, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
BTW, the word "Camaro" wasn't on any of those images. There was no text at all in fact. The clay model had no emblems.
Not true. Look at the fender right behind the front tire, and the rear bumper on the right hand side. There are "CAMARO" emblems on the car.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:24 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OrigZ
For the last time....try practicing reading comprehension...
That is exactly what I was thinking. I know as a mod (and I know you are too) we read the whole response and what led up to that response then address it accordingly.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Thumbs down

For the last time....try practicing reading comprehension...

I simply told PSJ who he was talking to...and some of the reading challenged on here attacked me.....and for the record I was attacked first.

Let it go......
No, you called him naive or arrogant, and spouted off about us stealing info and posting with intent to cause harm. You replied in a very condescending nature, and then went on to beat your chest about who you were. Then you name-dropped by using Scott to try and establish yourself even further.

That was pretty arrogant. You could have just sent John a PM and replied to him privately, but you decided to show us. Then you went over to chirpthird and talked more crap. Get over yourself, its obvious with your 15 posts here that you haven't done much to establish your credibility on this site.

It was a mistake, and we are working with GM to try and find these photos online, and we are providing them with any evidence we have in order to try and track the leak.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:53 PM
On The Tree

No, you called him naive or arrogant, and spouted off about us stealing info and posting with intent to cause harm. You replied in a very condescending nature, and then went on to beat your chest about who you were. Then you name-dropped by using Scott to try and establish yourself even further.

That was pretty arrogant. You could have just sent John a PM and replied to him privately, but you decided to show us. Then you went over to chirpthird and talked more crap. Get over yourself, its obvious with your 15 posts here that you haven't done much to establish your credibility on this site.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
Not true. Look at the fender right behind the front tire, and the rear bumper on the right hand side. There are "CAMARO" emblems on the car.
It's true. It's barely readable on the side but you can definitely see it on the back. The only thing I can say is, if the car looks like that I'm sticking with the 4th Gens but the cars always look different then the concepts.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

HAHAH GM.... What to say. Have fun pulling the images off of every site including over seas websites. Gonna download language packs too? Chinese, Spanish, etc is pretty tricky to understand. I'll even be as so kind to include a helpful link http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/

-Matt
Old 12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

please please send pics to jschmidt285@comcast.net

much appericated, and my bro belives they will have one for 07, for the anniv., of the camaro! id hope soo, id trade the ss in for one! always a dream to buy a brand new camaro from a dealer!
Old 12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Mid
On The Tree

Wow.

There is another forum that has those images up and running right now. I'm not gonna say where, moderators here probably wont like that.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

you could pm a mod the link so that they can kindly inform the admins of the other forum of the circumstances
Old 12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 00BlackSS

much appericated, and my bro belives they will have one for 07, for the anniv., of the camaro! id hope soo, id trade the ss in for one! always a dream to buy a brand new camaro from a dealer!
Banned contestant number 2.....
Old 12-07-2005, 04:28 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

have a good vacation. Learn how to read the entire thread before responding.

Anyone else that replies in this thread asking for someone to email them will have their account suspended for no less than 30 days. If you want to see them so bad, do a google search or something. We do not want a thread full of requests here.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:29 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

please please send pics to [edit]

Can you read smart guy???

Anyone else that replies in this thread asking for someone to email them will have their account suspended for no less than 30 days. If you want to see them so bad, do a google search or something. We do not want a thread full of requests here.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:31 PM
FormerVendor

I can say that I have worked with Tony personally, and he is a standup guy. I know that these pics were posted in good taste, and not posted to hurt anyone, or any company. It was a mistake, and Tony was a man and admitted it, apologised, and corrected the problem.

And yes, this site does a lot for GM. Everyone with a Vette or F-body in the country knows this site, unless they have no brain.

Tony did the right thing in accordance to the error - let it go, haters.

Launching!

Originally Posted by Hylton
Oh really ??!! How so and how come DC can take the same situation (Challenger pics) and turn into a very positive? How many guys out there want a Challenger now?
The Challenger pictures were of a car that was much further along in design.... and for all we know, DCX leaked them themselves. If they didnt, then someone snapped pics at the park where DCX was setting up that photoshoot. Bottom line, nothing illegal.

Those pictures of the silver car were done early in the design stage. They were taken in a secure area on GM property. If GM wanted pics out there, they would have been of much higher quality, and of a car that was completed, not a half n half design study that needed jackstands to be held up, and certainly not with the word CONFIDENTIAL embossed over it.

It's done and over with. The pics are out there, and there's no unringing that bell. I hope the employee who leaked them is found, fired, and prosecuted.

As far as all the negative feedback about GMs objections to the pics surfacing.... if the car looks as good as it did in the pics, and if it performs well, no one will give a crap.... and I bet that will happen at a "Chevrolet" price, as opposed to a SRT $40k and up price.
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ls1_chevelle
HAHAH GM.... What to say. Have fun pulling the images off of every site including over seas websites. Gonna download language packs too? Chinese, Spanish, etc is pretty tricky to understand. I'll even be as so kind to include a helpful link http://www.babelfish.altavista.com/

-Matt

I can see the February 2006 news release now :

Detroit Michigan - GM announces a massive loss for the 4th quarter due to unforseen costs. "We spent 200 million dollars searching the internet for spy shots of the upcoming Camaro" says Bob Lutz. "We could have used the leak as a cost effective marketing tool to create excitement leading up to the Detroit Auto Show but that would have just turned a bad thing into a positive one".
Old 12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Teching In

No, you called him naive or arrogant,
Tony,

Try again, I asked a hypothetical...because I couldn't believe what I read from John. I've met him, I know he's smarter than that.

...and spouted off about us stealing info and posting with intent to cause harm. You replied in a very condescending nature,
I did nothing of the sort...I stated that you were USING stolen information and had gone to the extent of even splashing your website's name all over them. Incredulous to say the least....

....and then went on to beat your chest about who you were. Then you name-dropped by using Scott to try and establish yourself even further.
I replied in a flippant manner, I agree, but only after being attacked for simply letting John know who it was that was posting... Using Scott's name was in reponse to those who only support the hobby through internet posting (attacking me for simply using my real name).... and not on the ground like I have for well over a decade or more. I don't need to prove myself to anyone...I've paid my "dues" in this hobby...and not used it for profit.

That was pretty arrogant. You could have just sent John a PM and replied to him privately, but you decided to show us. Then you went over to chirpthird and talked more crap.
True, but John used this public forum, so I did too....

As for what I say elsewhere....tough.

Get over yourself,
Try a little taste of that medicine too....

...its obvious with your 15 posts here that you haven't done much to establish your credibility on this site.
This site holds very little for me...the reason for my low post count. I hardly need credibility amongst this crowd.

It was a mistake, and we are working with GM to try and find these photos online, and we are providing them with any evidence we have in order to try and track the leak.
Listen....I realize that poor judgement was used, but anyone can see your real motivation...but stop attacking me as if I were the real problem here....I didn't cause the problem, I just called you on it.

Tony, honestly, I wish your site the best as it does add to the dozens of other sites that allow the f-body community to thrive.

I'm done.....
Old 12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Mid
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FireStorm
you could pm a mod the link so that they can kindly inform the admins of the other forum of the circumstances
I just pm'd Nineball.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hylton
I can see the February 2006 news release now :

Detroit Michigan - GM announces a massive loss for the 4th quarter due to unforseen costs. "We spent 200 million dollars searching the internet for spy shots of the upcoming Camaro" says Bob Lutz. "We could have used the leak as a cost effective marketing tool to create excitement leading up to the Detroit Auto Show but that would have just turned a bad thing into a positive one".
No **** eh? I find it quite disgusting how GM is canning all of the blue collar workers because the business isn't doing well when EVERYONE knows that it is the white collar fucktards that are screwing the business over. There are always a ton of HIGHLY edumacated(lol) people coming out of University that would kick *** at the white collar jobs easily turning around the lack of moola GM is making currently.

But hey! Lets keep the problem and get rid of the people that essentially make the company money.

-Matt
Old 12-07-2005, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Tony, honestly, I wish your site the best as it does add to the dozens of other sites that allow the f-body community to thrive.

I'm done.....

Banned contestant number 3......

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro? Where is it?