Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2009 Camaro? Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why doesn't GM just say, "yes, we have a coupe coming out in January and pictures are flying about." That way no one has to say Camaro, except us, and they do not get sued. Then, no one has to threaten law suits and it keeps we the consumers happy. Because, I think quite a few people are pissed off that our favorite website and thus we indirectly we treated like thieves.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OrigZ
BTW, Just so you know who this is, I'm Doug Harden, VP CICC....no secrets from me.
Oh ya? Doug Harden eh?
Old 12-07-2005, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

jeez, i hope this doesnt turn into one of those "oh, please send me pics!" threads. come on guys, listen to what J-Rod said, just be patient. or if you cant, dont clutter the thread w/ those annoying posts, thats what PM's are for.

i saw the pics, and not being a retro fan myself, but i am suprisingly pleased w/ the overall look and shape the concept has taken. it really looks to have alot of potential, and there are plenty of new design elements to it, its well done in my opinion. it will be very interesting to see what the final concept will end up looking like at the show in Jan.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Hylton
Oh ya? Doug Harden eh?

You e-thugs crack me up....FYI try reading my post...I put my name up so the PSJ could know who was posting (I normally don't use a handle on websites, but chose this long ago)....I've met John a few times and wanted him to know it was me.

Further in this thread John says hi to me and we're cool....let it go...I couldn't give a rats @$$ about the rest of you jokers......
Old 12-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by abadss
jeez, i hope this doesnt turn into one of those "oh, please send me pics!" threads. come on guys, listen to what J-Rod said, just be patient. or if you cant, dont clutter the thread w/ those annoying posts, thats what PM's are for.
Agreed. Either that, or use GOOGLE. If you cant find them that way (god forbid you suck at the internet), wait. The images are going to turn up sooner or later, either that, or GM is going to do a good job getting them off (highly unlikely).
Old 12-07-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, I want to see them. I might have a lead on the pics, but not sure yet...
Old 12-07-2005, 12:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

"I'm Doug Harden, Bitch"

Old 12-07-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

J-Rod, excellent post.

And I understand that they're looking around on other boards for the pics and want them removed. I know of a few boards already who have the pics up and it took off about as quick as ours did. So I hope they get their pics removed aswell, being I'd hate to see us get the preverbial **** that hit the fan alone.

And not to be a dick to those who didnt get to see the pics but what's your opinion on sharing them privately Tony/PSJ etc? I think w/ something like this its better to get your opinions on the subject (Im sure I know GMs and thats dont do it) being I wouldnt want to see any more detriment brought onto the site.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Exactly what law is violated by either hosting the pictures themselves or links to it? Clearly the pics in question are definitely in the public domain so the damage is done. If its an offence to host these pics then surely that puts the legality of all spy shots in question. Again any budding attorneys out there might want to provide an explanation - rather than just half baked rantings from people running scared of emails from GM's public relations department.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

Seems like I am in small company for liking it. I just wish it had a pontiac brother.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:18 PM
Teching In

what's up all?
pics please
ta6.66litre@sbcglobal.net
thanks
Old 12-07-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

How come I can still see the pics on another website? Why isnt GM making them take the photos down?
Old 12-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by themajor
Exactly what law is violated by either hosting the pictures themselves or links to it? Clearly the pics in question are definitely in the public domain so the damage is done. If its an offence to host these pics then surely that puts the legality of all spy shots in question. Again any budding attorneys out there might want to provide an explanation - rather than just half baked rantings from people running scared of emails from GM's public relations department.
There is a BIG difference between spy shots taken in public view, and confidential images being leaked by an employee. Do a google on the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.

Yes, the damage is done. Once electronic images hit the web, its over.

For those of you criticizing GM, you simply have no idea what you are talking about. It was a vein attempt by GM to cap the issue before it got out of hand. Unfortunatley, they were online here too long to prevent that.

GM has a marketing plan, which includes many facets, budgeting, etc, etc. When things like this happen, believe it or not, there is a cost to GM for it.... and we all know the last thing GM needs to be doing now is wasting ANY money.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by travisnd
How come I can still see the pics on another website? Why isnt GM making them take the photos down?
Do you think GM has an army of people surfing the web looking for them?

The FCar internet community is not that big. For the most part, all the webmasters/admins know each other. We were reaching out to each other to try and nip this before it got out of hand.... and for the most part, the admins at the major boards were more than willing to comply.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, the photos are still up and they are on a very well know competitors message board.
On The Tree

Could someone please PM the link to the Camaro pics? I'd love to see them.

PM or email, thank you very much in advance

paradox.ssr@gmail.com
On The Tree

Could someone please PM the link to the Camaro pics? I'd love to see them.

PM or email, thank you very much in advance

paradox.ssr@gmail.com
Old 12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

So excited I hit the Submit Reply 2 times.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
And not to be a dick to those who didnt get to see the pics but what's your opinion on sharing them privately Tony/PSJ etc? I think w/ something like this its better to get your opinions on the subject (Im sure I know GMs and thats dont do it) being I wouldnt want to see any more detriment brought onto the site.
good question, i am not sharing them, nor do i plan to, but that is an interesting note. there is no way for them to monitor emails and PM's for the pics, so i dont see how they could stop it, but then again, i dont see how it is any less illegal than posting them up. this would definately be a good quuestion for tony to answer, although i am sure he would not want them spreading, just as he was told by the GM security.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by themajor

This more/less sums it up

Originally Posted by DERTY
The issue likely has a lot to do with the contractual obligations that GM still has with the original Camaro / Firebird contract for manufacture in Canada. Rumor has it that contract limits/restricts the manufacture of the Camaro label in Canada through the end of 2005 or something like that. Coincidentally if it was January you may find that it might be a little more lax. However, I think they really want to make a good impression at the auto show with whatever they show and want to keep a tight lid on it. Otherwise companies like Chery will debut the Chinese version of the 2009 Camaro at the same show.
Its not so much that the pics were leaked being once they are in public view its overwith as we've seen. But the downside of that is in this case (as using the previous example) say the contract St Theriese (or however its spelt) had a contract on the Camaro and Firebird/TA/F-hawk names untill Dec 31st 2005. And within that contract it stated that in now-way shape or form was GM allowed to develop a vehicle with that name untill after the contract was up. These pics = a breach of contract (unless GM can prove its not going to be named Camaro) and GM can be held liable. Thats more/less my take on what the legallity reasoning is behind this.

We're just the guy who got caught w/ the loaf of bread, we arent the thief.

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro? Where is it?