Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Armageddon
Explain
explain?

what is tehre to explain?

how many enthuaists do we have? do you think that is nearly enough to support such a great project? cars dont keep going if only 10,000 are sold buddy
Old 12-07-2005, 12:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The back ground looks like the place GM shoots pictures of its concepts, I have seenn it before in a few boks.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 AM
Teching In

I do think GM could have handled it better than they did. Much like DCX handled the Challenger spy shots. Created a huge thumbs up for them. What's funny is that the pictures are still up on at least one message board. Though it is a Ford site, which I guess is the reason that they haven't been threatened yet, no GM employees browsing that one.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:33 AM
9 Second Club

DAMN! I've been watching these threads for 2 years now.... and I miss the pics by 12 hours.... But since it seems GM is watching this thread... all I'll say is you better make this one good, my moneys been in hand waiting for a while now.... but it seems like you have a "challenger" trying to steal your future customers... I sure hope you guys come through for us, I've got 3 chevy's now... it's your job to make it four
Old 12-07-2005, 02:59 AM
11 Second Club

The more I look at the pics the uglier the damn car gets. And if all this is expected for 2009.... I'll spend my $$ on something else.

7 years for a new model and we get that... Thanks GM.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:15 AM
Teching In

The one day I listen to my wife and pay attention to her ... damn. Can someone please e-mail me the photos? Thanks.

coleslaw151@yahoo.com
Old 12-07-2005, 03:18 AM
Teching In

my view

the pics are chops

http://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52496
Old 12-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MoFinWiley

Doubtful. If they were chops GM wouldn't be all pissy. IMO it is a mockup type car, showing different design ideas on either side.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:34 AM
Teching In

they would get pissy if the chop contained elements from other cars that arent gm
Old 12-07-2005, 03:35 AM
TECH Regular

What Ford site has the pics?

I need to save them to my harddrive.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Cobraeater
What Ford site has the pics?

I need to save them to my harddrive.
You have a PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:54 AM
9 Second Club

Wow, from midnight to now, these pics have spread like wildfire... they are popping up everywhere.... I couldn't find them last night when I went looking for them, now they are all over the place....
Old 12-07-2005, 06:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nautilus
Wow, from midnight to now, these pics have spread like wildfire... they are popping up everywhere.... I couldn't find them last night when I went looking for them, now they are all over the place....

Yup. IMO GM is messing up by fighting it, let it out there. There is no way for them to stop it now.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:28 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 426Hemi
Yup. IMO GM is messing up by fighting it, let it out there. There is no way for them to stop it now.
Yup, they should soak up any positive press they can, it's too late to hide it. I can understand it may take some light off of the auto show, but I don't think that much.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:25 AM
On The Tree

I've not seen this much bullshit in a Loooonng time

Tell me WHERE exactly am I "throwing my weight around"?!?

Ok, lets start with your attitude toward a board admin? The man apologized what else would you like? A BJ?

PSJ made what I thought to be an incredibly naive comment and I called him on it.....and then told him who I was so that there was no question that I am a real person and not someone hiding behind a web handle.

Ok, so YOU considered it a "naive" comment and decided to take it upon yourself to bust his ***** in behalf of GM?? Thats kind of arrogant in MY opinion. Don't see where he "hid" behind anything, but ok?

BTW, I've done a hell of a lot more that just be an administrator....but that's hardly my point here.

Wow! Can I have your autograph? (ROFLMAO)

BTW, Posting "confidential" pics (otherwise considered corporate espionage) may be criminal under "some" circumstances, but is more like than not, simply a civil matter. Furthermore, one must reasonably have known that the information was truly classified or confidential and there would likey need to be "damages" on behalf of the owner. In this case, for the time being anyway, any press is good press.
Besides, once the admins knew there was a problem, they removed them. Simple as that.

GM needs to stop all the whining and get back to building vehicles that are reliable, dependable, worth the $$ they are charging. MOPAR, FORD, all have caught on. Unfortunately, it's attitudes like yours and GM's in general that will probably put GM in the ground.

As to why the enthusiast won't save the lilne, there's simply not enough of us that can or will purchase the vehicle to make it financially feasable to mfg. It must appeal lto a larger cross section of the buying public in order to hit the market. Look at Ford's 'Stang and look at the # of 6-bangers out there Thats the nuts and bolts of the sale floor. The high end cars (Cobras, Steedas, Roushs', etc) are for the enthusiast.

Sure, sue a message board That makes sense Try to stop being so smug and arrogant and get back to building cars people want!

As for Scott, Dave and WTF ever else you consider Gods/GURU's...please...I've been listening to this crap for years. One delay after another, one excuse after another. I'll wait 'till I see it on the showroom floor to make my decision. I'm sure Scott has helped out the admins over the years and I'm not sure what got his panties in a wad this time, but get over it. If he did something he shouldn't have, and it got out, bad on him. If not, then, sorry man...just roll with it.

For the time being, I'll keep my 2000 Z28 convertible (which is holding together ok for now-of course it's in storage - lol), and my 87 Vette (which if I'd paid any real $$ for I'd be pissed!) and be happy with my minimal car payment

BTW...All this blackops sh*t is for the birds. It's an f'in car. Get over yourselves!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by shadow; 12-07-2005 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Junkie

It looks like they have two seperate designs on that rolling chasis, perhaps to pick which one was the winner. It is an interesting design. I am not wild about it. However, if it has an, M6, LS2, and IRS I am one happy camper!!! I know it is only a concept, but it has made quite a fuss!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 08:38 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by WECIV
I am not wild about it. However, if it has an, M6, LS2, and IRS I am one happy camper!!! I know it is only a concept, but it has made quite a fuss!!!
I'd rather see a solid rear... Leave the IRS to the GTO and Vette. I want to be able to bolt on some slicks and skinnies and go do some side stepping of the clutch.... IRS isn't a big fan of that....
Old 12-07-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Junkie

I want to road race in a cheap 400 hp car. I think that perhaps the Z28 should have the IRS and go back to its transam roots and let the SS have a solid and go straight lining it.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:43 AM
TECH Junkie

The concept has an IRS, and that is good for me, but bad for you.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Does anyone remember the G6 concept from the 2003 NAIAS? The production G6 looked significantly different when released in 2005. I wouldn't get too worked up about the specific details of the car in said pics. IMO, the production car of any concept is generally much more bland than its radical concept (with a few exceptions). Even the new Charger resembles a 300C much more than the Charger concept from several years ago. I also agree that retro looks cool now, but I don't think it's a good long term proposition. In 10 years, will the new mustangs look like a new version of the mid 70's King Cobra's? Ouch..

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro? Where is it?