Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Enthusiasts will not save the Camaro.
Explain
Old 12-06-2005, 08:27 PM
Ginger Hater

Originally Posted by Vendetta
The Challenger, the Charger SRT-8, the new GT500....

... and here we are waiting 3 more years for a product solely due to its nameplate and our brand loyalty, being treated by the brand like we're a bunch of ******* thieves and criminals.

Bullshit.
I concur
Old 12-06-2005, 08:30 PM
12 Second Club

... and here we are waiting 3 more years for a product solely due to its nameplate and our brand loyalty, being treated by the brand like we're a bunch of ******* thieves and criminals.

Bullshit.

When you post CONFIDENTIAL material that, is considered theft.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Veteran

I swear Chrysler uses leaks like this to their advantage. The spy shots of the Challenger succeeded in working the internet into a frenzy and they didn't bother to water the flames. Now the same has happened with the Camaro and GM snuffs the enthusiast fire.

It's not like the actual car or rolling concept was posted here, what exactly is the big deal? The Japanese are not going to make their own pony car next. If anything this has helped GM keep the true believers on board next instead of jumping ship to the new, and very hot Dodge Challenger.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you post CONFIDENTIAL material that, is considered theft.
It's been stated many times in this thread that the man was not aware that the material was CONFIDENTIAL.

If this material is making it to online message boards, there is a bigger fish to fry within GM's ranks than honest and hardworking consumers, who are the lifeblood of General Motors.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,113 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by badjuju342
Exactly , Armageddon . The pics were posted in a well meaning way, they were removed immediately when requested and PSJ merely offered to help promote the car on this site after the fact.
exactly.

hi doug i have met you in the past hope you have nice holiday season, no hard feelings.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

damn where have I been. I've missed all of it. I
Old 12-06-2005, 08:40 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The issue likely has a lot to do with the contractual obligations that GM still has with the original Camaro / Firebird contract for manufacture in Canada. Rumor has it that contract limits/restricts the manufacture of the Camaro label in Canada through the end of 2005 or something like that. Coincidentally if it was January you may find that it might be a little more lax. However, I think they really want to make a good impression at the auto show with whatever they show and want to keep a tight lid on it. Otherwise companies like Chery will debut the Chinese version of the 2009 Camaro at the same show.

Personally I hope that the engineer who styles the rear of the car talks with the engineer who styles the front of the car so that the car has a very well rounded design at the auto show. Nothing pisses me off more about a car than one where the back and front don't compliment each other.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
exactly.

hi doug i have met you in the past hope you have nice holiday season, no hard feelings.

And none from me....

The attacks from the others here not withstanding.....THAT was the only reason I posted who I am.

Happy Holidays to you too.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:43 PM
On The Tree

It's been stated many times in this thread that the man was not aware that the material was CONFIDENTIAL.

Not to be a dick or fuel the fire but they were stamped confidential.... Not that it matters now just something to ponder
Old 12-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Vendetta brings up some excellent points and it's not like GM couldn't use all the help it can get at this point. When spy shots are posted , it does generate excitement. A person looking at another brand might stay loyal to the product. People are more apt to purchase something they can see than a mere description. I know I'm that way. It's wasn't like anyone here was poking a camera through a hole in the fence at GM proving grounds or hacked a computer to get those pics. And ,once again, GM's requests were complied with. I got to see the pics and I would love to buy if that's the car. Hell, I've even heard of companies releasing spy shots on purpose just to get the masses going. Point is ,a stir has been created and it came out as positive spin.No harm ,no foul . Kinda like the ZO6 incident.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DERTY
Nothing pisses me off more about a car than one where the back and front don't compliment each other.
I agree!! Chicks always tell me my back compliments my front!!!!
Old 12-06-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow..................
Old 12-06-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

"Quote:

Bullshit.

I concur"

I likewise concure and will buy a Challenger. Not to mention that but remember the SRT10 phone pics put online about the new hardtop Viper. I do not think DC is hurting because owners leaked the pics.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Veteran

This is the best buzz GM could ever ask for and they're pissing all over it as well as their diehard fans. You guys should buy the Mustang and Challenger to treat GM as well as they treat you.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GTPprix
Not to be a dick or fuel the fire but they were stamped confidential.... Not that it matters now just something to ponder

Quoted for truth.

They were STAMPED confidential, what more do you need?
Old 12-06-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Quoted for truth.

They were STAMPED confidential, what more do you need?
Wasn't aware, I haven't seen the pictures. But there had to be a better way for GM to handle this rather than alienating a group of their most hardcore loyalists.

Originally Posted by TriShield
This is the best buzz GM could ever ask for and they're pissing all over it as well as their diehard fans. You guys should buy the Mustang and Challenger to treat GM as well as they treat you.
Highly considering it.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Good point Derty. Thats probably why nothing said "Camaro" on those images. The images also didn't say GM, or "Property Of" on them. I guess if I receive any more material like this I'll just contact Scott Settlemire and speak to him before posting anything. I guess it wasn't a staged leak, like everyone thinks about the Challenger.

Doug Harden, I have never met you, but I think you are the naive one if you think we purposely posted these images to cause any trouble. We have supported GM on this site since the beginning of it all, and have worked hard to establish this community. For you to post and indirectly accuse us of purposely stealing or attempting to discredit GM is very naive of you. I've dedicated untold expenses and hours of my life campaigning these beloved f-bodies, and keeping this site running for the enthusiasts. How dare you try and discredit our work and reputation here. You may have done some excellent things within the f-body community yourself, but please do not be so naive to think we have not.

It was a mistake. We removed the images immediately at the request of GM. We can do without your accusations and negative attitude here.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

I have to say, GM seems to be made up of a bunch of people failing upwards. things like this, while may be accidental, could be spun as a good thing. instead, they are comin off as asses.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by badjuju342
Vendetta brings up some excellent points and it's not like GM couldn't use all the help it can get at this point. When spy shots are posted , it does generate excitement. A person looking at another brand might stay loyal to the product. People are more apt to purchase something they can see than a mere description. I know I'm that way. It's wasn't like anyone here was poking a camera through a hole in the fence at GM proving grounds or hacked a computer to get those pics. And ,once again, GM's requests were complied with. I got to see the pics and I would love to buy if that's the car. Hell, I've even heard of companies releasing spy shots on purpose just to get the masses going. Point is ,a stir has been created and it came out as positive spin.No harm ,no foul . Kinda like the ZO6 incident.

True, and most of us are like that. I mean hell, how many posts do we see "Damn, that sounds awesome! Got a pic?" on here, or other boards. I can understand GMs point as to why they'd be pissed that pics were leaked, but at the same time you cannot expect loyal fans to just sit and wait on words alone. Im glad I saw the pics and I for one hope to GOD that GM builds it almost exactly the way it is. The pics were put up in NOTHING but good faith, and to finally silence the voice of doubters, and loyalists alike that our beloved General is finally listening to its troops and returning an icon.

Taking legal action would be a huge mistake. Especially with the onslaught of high-power RWD domestics hitting the streets very very soon as everyone has previously stated.

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro? Where is it?