Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2009 Camaro? Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OrigZ
Ask Scott Settlemire who I am......
i'm guessing your someone important related to GM then?

can you get me a job? seriously

but in the end wouldn't it be easier for you to tell us and get all the haters to just stop before they start?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I already explained that someone emailed them to me anonymously. There was no return email address, and no message except for "look at this". I can assure that I did not forward anyone else these images, I simply added the watermark and posted them here. They weren't pics of an actual car, just models. The interior pic was just a sketch. We had no reason to believe they were 'legit' or not. Just some nice concepts like we have seen around the net.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, but are you really that naive or just that arrogant?!?

BTW, Just so you know who this is, I'm Doug Harden, VP CICC....no secrets from me.
I agree , totally. Why , that is just about as arrogant as trying to throw your weight around because you're an administrator of a car club . I used to be an administrator of the Middle Tennesee F-Body Association until I resigned. Did that make me important? An honest mistake was made here, get over yourself.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with tony on whats going on, as well as why is scott is probably upset. I also have met with scott in person at a camaro/firebird show (he signed my car yay) anyways...hes a really layed back guy and been doing alot for us I can see why he is probably a little upset. Ill be 2nd in line behind tony to get the new camaro.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by badjuju342
I agree , totally. Why , that is just about as arrogant as trying to throw your weight around because you're an administrator of a car club . I used to be an administrator of the Middle Tennesee F-Body Association until I resigned. Did that make me important? An honest mistake was made here, get over yourself.
Tell me WHERE exactly am I "throwing my weight around"?!?

PSJ made what I thought to be an incredibly naive comment and I called him on it.....and then told him who I was so that there was no question that I am a real person and not someone hiding behind a web handle.

BTW, I've done a hell of a lot more that just be an administrator....but that's hardly my point here.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:41 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

I'd say throwing in the last line in your comment . Was that needed? I think not .
Old 12-06-2005, 07:47 PM
Teching In

.........An honest mistake was made here, get over yourself.
Pot meet Mr. Kettle....
Old 12-06-2005, 07:48 PM
12 Second Club

I agree. I could really give 2 ***** if your head of a car club. Im pretty sure PSJ wasnt hiding considering everyone knows who he is......
Old 12-06-2005, 07:50 PM
10 Second Club

I'd say throwing in the last line in your comment . Was that needed? I think not .
I think Doug was basically advising the Admins. that hes not some kid behind a keyboard, that he knows a little bit... check that.. a lot of whats going on behind the scenes at GM, and hes not worried about putting his name out there for everyone to read. On a side note, Doug.. if any press release passes are revoked, ask Scott if he'll send them my way!
Old 12-06-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I gather from the response that they are(possibly) the real deal then. Been better off not freaking out if so...would go over as have the dozen or so other renderings that have popped up from time to time.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:53 PM
12 Second Club

Tell me WHERE exactly am I "throwing my weight around"?!?

PSJ made what I thought to be an incredibly naive comment and I called him on it.....and then told him who I was so that there was no question that I am a real person and not someone hiding behind a web handle.

BTW, I've done a hell of a lot more that just be an administrator....but that's hardly my point here.
You have tried to act big and bad here and ls2.com
I honestly could care less who you are.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:56 PM
...with cheese.

Pot meet Mr. Kettle....
I'm not very impressed with the way you've conducted yourself. An apology has been made for something that was a mistake. How many other concept drawings have been published before all over the internet? Enough with the pity bickering. I think I speak for the majority of us when I say I could care less how many hands you've shaked.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Checkmate
You have tried to act big and bad here and ls2.com
I honestly could care less who you are.
Enough already.....I don't need to prove anything to anyone....grow up.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Exactly , Armageddon . The pics were posted in a well meaning way, they were removed immediately when requested and PSJ merely offered to help promote the car on this site after the fact.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:06 PM
...with cheese.

Enough already.....I don't need to prove anything to anyone....grow up.
Pot meet Mr. Kettle....
haha... Sorry, I'm done
Old 12-06-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Filing a lawsuit against LS1TECH.com would be a huge business mistake. I would never buy another GM vehicle for the rest of my life.

I'd be willing to bet that ~90% of the members here are on board for the new F-Body. GM seems to be having some financial problems right now. Filing a lawsuit against it's most hardcore fans MIGHT be a bit of a mistake. Just a thought.

But what do I know? I'm just a kid. Then again, the lack of maturity in this thread seems to only be coming from one person.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:18 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Filing a lawsuit against LS1TECH.com would be a huge business mistake. I would never buy another GM vehicle for the rest of my life.

I'd be willing to bet that ~90% of the members here are on board for the new F-Body. GM seems to be having some financial problems right now. Filing a lawsuit against it's most hardcore fans MIGHT be a bit of a mistake. Just a thought.

But what do I know? I'm just a kid. Then again, the lack of maturity in this thread seems to only be coming from one person.
I mean, it's not like the Challenger isn't looking tempting...

I want another Camaro just as bad as anyone else, but with everything else out there - and with the wait, a ****-poor attitude could be dampening to its success.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

well, if I were GM, I would want the people on these boards to see the pics before anyone else in the country. With the current situation GM is in, I think they need to look down the road and target these sales audiences, because we all know why GM stopped the F-body in the first place. We will be the ones getting in line to buy these things and I think our opinion is exactly what GM needs to be listening to. Showing us some pics and shedding a little light on the project could perhaps save GM alot of time and money.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by GregWS6&z28
well, if I were GM, I would want the people on these boards to see the pics before anyone else in the country. With the current situation GM is in, I think they need to look down the road and target these sales audiences, because we all know why GM stopped the F-body in the first place. We will be the ones getting in line to buy these things and I think our opinion is exactly what GM needs to be listening to. Showing us some pics and shedding a little light on the project could perhaps save GM alot of time and money.
Enthusiasts will not save the Camaro.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by demonspeed
I mean, it's not like the Challenger isn't looking tempting...

I want another Camaro just as bad as anyone else, but with everything else out there - and with the wait, a ****-poor attitude could be dampening to its success.
The Challenger, the Charger SRT-8, the new GT500....

... and here we are waiting 3 more years for a product solely due to its nameplate and our brand loyalty, being treated by the brand like we're a bunch of ******* thieves and criminals.

Bullshit.

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro? Where is it?