Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2009 Camaro? Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 08:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The proof is in the pudding the LS1tech guys removed the images and apologized. I think it is obvious it was an honest mistake. And, my Challenger will look good in black!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Good point Derty. Thats probably why nothing said "Camaro" on those images. The images also didn't say GM, or "Property Of" on them. I guess if I receive any more material like this I'll just contact Scott Settlemire and speak to him before posting anything. I guess it wasn't a staged leak, like everyone thinks about the Challenger.

Doug Harden, I have never met you, but I think you are the naive one if you think we purposely posted these images to cause any trouble. We have supported GM on this site since the beginning of it all, and have worked hard to establish this community. For you to post and indirectly accuse us of purposely stealing or attempting to discredit GM is very naive of you. I've dedicated untold expenses and hours of my life campaigning these beloved f-bodies, and keeping this site running for the enthusiasts. How dare you try and discredit our work and reputation here. You may have done some excellent things within the f-body community yourself, but please do not be so naive to think we have not.

It was a mistake. We removed the images immediately at the request of GM. We can do without your accusations and negative attitude here.
and thats all that really needs to be said. GM is gonna do their thing period. All i can say is, they better step up the notch like they did with the ZO6
Old 12-06-2005, 09:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Quoted for truth.

They were STAMPED confidential, what more do you need?
I have the exact same CONFIDENTIAL stamp on my desk. It sits right next to my PAST DUE and my SIGN & RETURN stamps. Without knowing the source, or if these were actual GM items, who were they confidential to? If they were confidential, how come someone emailed copies to me? Not so confidential, right?

The real problem is why someone sent them to me, and who took them. I'm just the crazy Camaro enthusiast (I've owned 10 of them) that posted the pics. I doubt you will find anyone here that thinks I posted these pics to harm GM.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

I have the exact same CONFIDENTIAL stamp on my desk. It sits right next to my PAST DUE and my SIGN & RETURN stamps. Without knowing the source, or if these were actual GM items, who were they confidential to? If they were confidential, how come someone emailed copies to me? Not so confidential, right?
100% correct!! I just figured someone would have noticed the pictures were taken on the turntable in the Design Center courtyard Most people that have seen alot of GM concept/show car photos have seen that setting before Either way it's done and Tony did the right thing immediately and while some of you guys dont understand GM's position there isnt anything you can do about it so I guess we all have to wait until January to see more pics (thats not THAT far away )
Old 12-06-2005, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh Noez Tony they found your secret plot to destroy GM
Old 12-06-2005, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

can't prove they were originally property of GM

post them and call GM's bluff
Old 12-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Teching In

I thought it looked pretty good, except the mirrors...
Old 12-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Launching!

dang i missed all of this.

it sounds like someone posted some pictures innocently to contribute to our anticipation of the new camaro. and somehow they were removed becuase they were accurate????

**** all this confidential ****, anybody want to send me a copy of the pics.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All I can say is: if that's even remotely close to what the production model looks like..... then I'll stick with the 4th Gens.

I'm so sick of this retro trend BS. Instead of moving the designs forward, they come off as running out of ideas by reworking old designs instead of creating new, more modern/sleeker looks.

It's cool they're coming out with a new one finally, but with the "Big 3" all following the same trend (retro) that will eventually get outplayed (is to me already), it makes me wonder how they'll move forward with facelifts and next-gens. What's next for the 2017 Camaro: a retro redo of the 2nd Gens?

Sorry for the rant, but this whole retro trend is just like a popular hip-hop song: it's cool when it finally comes out, but after being played over and over and over again (all the retro designs coming out from the Big 3), it gets old and I eventually come to not being able to stand it anymore, and eventually hate it. I've come to hate the retro trend years ago. Let's move forward with some original and innovative designs people.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

I have the exact same CONFIDENTIAL stamp on my desk.

Sorry Tony, you now have to lock the thread
Old 12-06-2005, 10:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra Commander
can't prove they were originally property of GM

post them and call GM's bluff
No thanks. I've met Scott Settlemire before, and when the Camaro brand Manager emails you to ask you to remove images, you can be sure they are indeed GM's images. We support GM here, we do not want to cause trouble.
Old 12-06-2005, 10:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAm52804
All I can say is: if that's even remotely close to what the production model looks like..... then I'll stick with the 4th Gens.

I'm so sick of this retro trend BS. Instead of moving the designs forward, they come off as running out of ideas by reworking old designs instead of creating new, more modern/sleeker looks.

It's cool they're coming out with a new one finally, but with the "Big 3" all following the same trend (retro) that will eventually get outplayed (is to me already), it makes me wonder how they'll move forward with facelifts and next-gens. What's next for the 2017 Camaro: a retro redo of the 2nd Gens?

Sorry for the rant, but this whole retro trend is just like a popular hip-hop song: it's cool when it finally comes out, but after being played over and over and over again (all the retro designs coming out from the Big 3), it gets old and I eventually come to not being able to stand it anymore, and eventually hate it. I've come to hate the retro trend years ago. Let's move forward with some original and innovative designs people.
Not everyone will be happy,but rest assured GM got the message from the GTO and nobody liked it unless they bought one,which wasn't many.The mustang is a hit and anyone talk down the challenger? I for one won't bitch about retro,but maybe about waiting 3 years,thats something to bitch about.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OrigZ
BTW, Just so you know who this is, I'm Doug Harden, VP CICC....no secrets from me.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Oh dear, how horrible! PSJ how could you? Blah, blah, blah! Someone please send pics to jelliott37@***.net
Old 12-06-2005, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TransAm52804

Couldn't have said it better myself. Instead of taking the 4th gen design and "evolving" into something new, the retro design is a regression. Look at the Corvette, C4->C5->C6. Each one refining and seeking to improve on the previous one instead of giving up and giving a facelift to the car from the 60s. Why can't they do the same with the Camaro?
Old 12-06-2005, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

If there in any compassion in your souls you will send me the pics. I'm about to have a g*dd*mn heart attack if I dont see this in the next five min. leper84@yahoo.com
Old 12-07-2005, 12:06 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,143 Likes on 743 Posts

The pictures that were sent, and the fact they were sent anonymously, makes me us think they were sent by someone who got laid off or someone who wanted to leak the photos to elicit public feedback. I mean we've gotten pics before of stuff, but nothing like this... it was like a press kit of pictures.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

I hate this I miss out on everything I guess thats what I get for going to work. If GM had been smart they would have ignored them. As it is, raising such a big stink gave the pictures credibility. They have not played much Poker or they would know how to bluff. I wish I had tuned in sooner I would have liked to have seen them. You all know as well as I do some of the "insiders" (cronies) have already seen them anyway.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Either way it's great. Real, fake, an early design study, etc...it's all the same, hype hype hype. Less than 12 hours later...and though the pics have been quashed quickly(at various sites) the word has spread.

I'm not privy to the legal aspects that GM must be -so terribly worried about- but as a fan of the Camaro I'm even more pumped than before after seeing those photos.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

I'm pretty sure those pictures will be on the internet as fast as the Paris Hilton video. Pretty funny actually. What's the large deal if we see it now anyhow.
Nobody will care about those pictures by the time the car actually comes out. If GM doesn't go **** up in the mean time that is. Maybe Toyota will make one.

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro? Where is it?