Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2009 Camaro? Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the left concept better, it is lower.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone please email these pics to gokartracer90@aol.com I missed out on the fun as well.

IRS you say? sweet

What platform is this on?
Old 12-07-2005, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

SSwannabee99@yahoo.com please!!!!
Old 12-07-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Can I atleast cross post it?

EDITED by Admin - link removed
Old 12-07-2005, 09:46 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

If anyone posts those pics on this site, or any links to those pics on this site, your account may be removed. Please understand that we do not want them shown or linked on this site if we already removed them on our own.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:49 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

has anyone else noticed how much this car looks like a ripoff of the cadillac XLR???

GM-putting taillights, and headlights on a car, does NOT make it unique

Last edited by tim99ws6; 12-07-2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
If anyone posts those pics on this site, or any links to those pics on this site, your account may be removed. Please understand that we do not want them shown or linked on this site if we already removed them on our own.
I understand your POV, but if GM or someone within GM told us to remove the pics they should do the same for all the other websites out there. Its BS that other sites get to keep the pics up, yet we have to remove them.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

You obviously have no eye for automotive design if you think that car I posted looks like an XLR. Its not even close. The XLR is based on the C6 Vette chassis, and has much sharper body lines than the photos we had.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm sure GM is hitting up all the other sites just as quickly as they can.
Respect the administrator's wishes, DO NOT POST ANY pictures, or any links that will show these pictures on this board. Simple.
tim99ws6, it looks nothing like that IMO, thats a damn caddy on a vette platform by the looks of it.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:11 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
I understand your POV, but if GM or someone within GM told us to remove the pics they should do the same for all the other websites out there. Its BS that other sites get to keep the pics up, yet we have to remove them.
They are contacting the other sites. I know of at least 5 other message boards that have removed the images. Its their call, not ours.

I spoke with someone at GM Security for about 20 min this morning, and found him the images that were posted. They are doing a full investigation on trying to locate the inside source of these photos. Whoever sent them to us covered their tracks pretty well, I wonder if they did the same at their workplace.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:14 AM
9 Second Club

You obviously have no eye for automotive design if you think that car I posted looks like an XLR. Its not even close. The XLR is based on the C6 Vette chassis, and has much sharper body lines than the photos we had.
I see almost nothing similar between the two cars... modern design and some sharp edges... but that is the new look of gm, but besides that nothing
Old 12-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
I'm sure they're working on that right now.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What's the big deal...they should show us and even ask us our opinions.
Who do they think is going to buy the car?
If they hold any grudges against the site...well....no members should buy or supprt the new car.
BTW...I'm Rich Andrews and my dick is bigger than yours
Old 12-07-2005, 10:22 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

The actual car will be unveiled next month at the Detroit show, so GM does want to see feedback. Just not right now, and on a clay model. They are more concerned with their internal security leak than us seeing pics early.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:25 AM
9 Second Club

The actual car will be unveiled next month at the Detroit show, so GM does want to see feedback. Just not right now, and on a clay model. They are more concerned with their internal security leak than us seeing pics early.
I would hate to be the guy responsible right now.... I can only imagine what GM will do if they find the inside guy responsible for this
Old 12-07-2005, 11:41 AM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Look guys,

This is the same issue all the Corvette guys ran into with the C6. We all wanted to see the C6. The first glimpses were the "jujubee" thread where he photchopped a C5 with the C6 accents. GM was less than pleased. Then came a whole host of other pics, like the "boat shop" pics (pics of the body in white in a fiberglass shop that has done all the dev work for GM. Gm investigated, and a several folks lost their jobs. GM is dead serious about this sort of thing.

Anyhow, look lets make it clear whether those are GM's final plans for the car or not is immaterial. Its confidential information. GM, heck any company, is touchy about leaks of confidential information. Its corporate espionage. It may be innocent, but it is what it is.

Also, keep this in mind GM has LEGAL reasons why the name Camaro can't be used. We're not talking about small legal reasons either we're talking serious, serious cash. That limitation expires at a certain point, but don't expect GM to use the Camaro name until it can legally with no repercussions.

Also, keep in mind that release of information like this early can steal away from their "big announcement". Keep in mind that the early release of information can also give the competition a heads up before GM wants them to know what they are up to. With the state of U.S. automakers, you need to keep in mind that we want GM to succeed.

That all being said, I'm just like anyone else. I like to see stuff early. I know folks who have seen the full sized models in person. The response I've heard so far is WOW! But, folks need to understand and respect GM from a business perspective on why things are like they are. Yes, this might be the car. On the other hand it might be all wrong, and GM doesn't want bad info out there. We'll all see in January.

To Scott, and anyone else from GM who might be reading this. Look guys we are enthusiast first and foremost. We want you guys to knock one out of the park for us. The C6 , and especially the Z06 has shown GM has taken the gloves off, and is going toe to toe with anyone. We're curious, and like I said, its just like the C6, we're out there looking for info, good or bad. There are a lot of us "enthusiasts" who are chomping at the bit to get another "Pony Car" on the street.

Anyway, like I said folks, be patient, and understand GM isn't a killjoy, they are a company in business to make money. Stuff like this isn't the way to do it... So understand their reasoning, and be understanding of why they have to do certain things some times...
Old 12-07-2005, 11:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

i dont like the car at all. i agree with what some have been posting. the retro style is old news, when i look at the picture it looks to me just like the new mustang. they shuld have done the same as with the corvette, make a new car but with elements of the old one, as i said i wuld like a 5TH gen not a remake of the first
Old 12-07-2005, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Pics? I dont think i can study for my finals without them.
raymonr@clemson.edu
Old 12-07-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Man, I missed all the action. Pics please - kwiktsi@ptd.net. Hopefully GM does something to keep the customers, their current line up (aside from the Vette, and imho GTO) sucks *** and the ones that suck less are overpriced. Never been a Dodge/Chrysler/Mopar fan, but they have a pretty good line up and are slowly winning me over- I even bought a Dodge truck this year . I hope the new Camaro is worth the wait, otherwise add another customer to the Challenger list.
Joe
Old 12-07-2005, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

I believe GM's actions prove they are arrogant and behind the times as far as marketing is concerned. Look at how Ford showed the early concepts of the 2006 Shelby GT and the 2005 GT. One friggin' month away from having the Camaro at a car show and they are spending more time today running around the internet trying to delete pictures than they are to focus on internal problems. So the pics are out - BIG FRIGGIN' DEAL!!

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro? Where is it?