Gen 5 Racing Tech Heads, cam, valvetrain, short block discussion

2009 Camaro? Where is it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The issue is that the pics are GM's property, and even though LS1tech was not under a contractual obligation of confidentiality, the pics did not come into their posession lawfully.

Not saying Nineball did anything intentionally unlawful, but he did in fact post pics he had no legal permission to even have, much less share publicly.

I think that's where the legal issues are. Just trying to explain what I see as the issues.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by abadss
good question, i am not sharing them, nor do i plan to, but that is an interesting note. there is no way for them to monitor emails and PM's for the pics, so i dont see how they could stop it, but then again, i dont see how it is any less illegal than posting them up. this would definately be a good quuestion for tony to answer, although i am sure he would not want them spreading, just as he was told by the GM security.
I agree, and Im sure as word spreads that we had the pics and all that, we're going to get flooded with the "HEY! Can I see the pics!" posts (as probably what, 15-20 posts have been already within this thread alone). And I felt w/ the influx of those posts that it better go ahead and get the policy out in the open now vs have someone else get in trouble and then try to cry and say "Well no one stopped me!"
Old 12-07-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Chris 96 WS6
The issue is that the pics are GM's property, and even though LS1tech was not under a contractual obligation of confidentiality, the pics did not come into their posession lawfully.

Not saying Nineball did anything intentionally unlawful, but he did in fact post pics he had no legal permission to even have, much less share publicly.

I think that's where the legal issues are. Just trying to explain what I see as the issues.
Not saying its any more right, but again we're just the one's who got caught w/ the loaf of bread - we arent the thief. I understand its still "possession of stolen property" but thats a slap on the wrist vs actual theft. Was it wrong? - Yes. Did we appologize? - Yes. Not saying that makes up for it, but there's nothing more we can do. For all Tony knew, the pics were obtained lawfully and they had been cleared - even with confidential stamped on them. Thats a piddly legal issue for GM to worry about w/ us vs what they should worry about doing to their mole IMO.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ChrisL
..... When things like this happen, believe it or not, there is a cost to GM for it.....
Oh really ??!! How so and how come DC can take the same situation (Challenger pics) and turn into a very positive? How many guys out there want a Challenger now?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Anyone else that replies in this thread asking for someone to email them will have their account suspended for no less than 30 days. If you want to see them so bad, do a google search or something. We do not want a thread full of requests here.

Personally, I am not sharing them with anyone. I deleted the original email and all the images off of my computer, as well as the LS1TECH server. I did this out of respect for GM's request to us. We are GM supporters here, in case you didn't notice this site is based on GM performance cars.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
This more/less sums it up

Its not so much that the pics were leaked being once they are in public view its overwith as we've seen. But the downside of that is in this case (as using the previous example) say the contract St Theriese (or however its spelt) had a contract on the Camaro and Firebird/TA/F-hawk names untill Dec 31st 2005. And within that contract it stated that in now-way shape or form was GM allowed to develop a vehicle with that name untill after the contract was up. These pics = a breach of contract (unless GM can prove its not going to be named Camaro) and GM can be held liable. Thats more/less my take on what the legallity reasoning is behind this.

We're just the guy who got caught w/ the loaf of bread, we arent the thief.
No, this scenario is not possible if they are planning to show a model of the car in January. Think about it - they would have had to work on the model in the year 2005 in order to bring something to the Detroit show in January. The St-Therese thing involved manufacturing and that's it. When did they say they are coming out with this thing? 2009?
Old 12-07-2005, 02:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Anyone else that replies in this thread asking for someone to email them will have their account suspended for no less than 30 days. If you want to see them so bad, do a google search or something. We do not want a thread full of requests here.
Good idea, and thank you.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

post deleted psj when i posted your's wasn't up yet seriously or i wouln't have asked i mean come on i was like the next post after urs or the one after.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Hylton
No, this scenario is not possible if they are planning to show a model of the car in January. Think about it - they would have had to work on the model in the year 2005 in order to bring something to the Detroit show in January. The St-Therese thing involved manufacturing and that's it. When did they say they are coming out with this thing? 2009?
I understand that, but my point was a hypothetical situation. I have no idea what the contract said, nor what its agreements were so I was just using a hypothetical situation.

And yes, the scenario is possible depending upon what the contract stated. If they saw these pics, and saw it said Camaro and it specifically stated that between 1993 and 2005, GM was in no way shape or form was allowed to work on another one w/o the plants approval then that would be a breach of contract. If GM could prove it was called something else and waited untill the contract was up then said "HA! It is a Camaro!" then thats not a breach. This is the way I understand it anyway. Im not a lawyer, I dont write contracts, but thats just the way I see things with my limited experience of contracts
Old 12-07-2005, 02:33 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Drama.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

So what if it is in breach? It was all about jobs anyways. The players in St. Therese (union, Quebec and Canadian Govts.) only care about jobs, not what car was being built. If there was a breach, do you really think they would be sued if they offered another model or another shift of an existing model to be built there as compensation?

Last edited by Hylton; 12-07-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:42 PM
I ruin the end of films...

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
The pictures that were sent, and the fact they were sent anonymously, makes me us think they were sent by someone who got laid off or someone who wanted to leak the photos to elicit public feedback. I mean we've gotten pics before of stuff, but nothing like this... it was like a press kit of pictures.
Yeah, GM gave about 10,000 people reasons to send stuff like this out.

I doubt it was a laid-off employee. I'd like to think it's a work by GM to generate more buzz, but I don't think their marketing department is that sharp.

Also, no e-mail is "anonymous". Even freemail can be traced.

Anywho, I just saw the pictures on a different site. Not bad. The car looks decent and the LS1Tech logo emblazoned over the "CONFIDENTIAL" made me giggle a little.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

The St. Therese contract issues are all gone now. The plant was raized like last year, and all the employees that wanted jobs were transfered to other Canadian GM plants.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Guys, lets not speculate or pretend to know the details of GM's contracts. I can assure you that nobody emailed copies of those to us. You guys are just wasting your typing skills trying to discuss that stuff. BTW, the word "Camaro" wasn't on any of those images. There was no text at all in fact. The clay model had no emblems.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mongse
......I'd like to think it's a work by GM to generate more buzz, but I don't think their marketing department is that sharp.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

How come on the photos nothing says "Property of General Motors" Just marking them confidential doesnt mean anything. I really think it was a big marketing scam. Look at all the buzz it has created. For all we know it could be disinformation.
And to that guy(Doug was it) who thinks he is so important, learn some people skills.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

BTW, the word "Camaro" wasn't on any of those images. There was no text at all in fact. The clay model had no emblems.
Uhhh - take a closer look at the right front fender and right side of the rear end.......
Old 12-07-2005, 02:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Yes, I do. Why? Because they breached the contract. Its legally binding. Jobs or not on the line. They wont care whether 50 or 50,000 people get their jobs back, what they care about is making their wallet bigger and a breach of contract does just that.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want to see them so bad, do a google search or something. We do not want a thread full of requests here.

Personally, I am not sharing them with anyone. I deleted the original email and all the images off of my computer, as well as the LS1TECH server. I did this out of respect for GM's request to us. We are GM supporters here, in case you didn't notice this site is based on GM performance cars.
I been trying google & other search sites for the past hour... hahaha.

Seriously, I can see both sides of this and I think that Tony & LS1Tech.com are doing the right thing. I would of put them on web site to share most likely if someone sent them to me just like anyone else would of. Bottom line, I want a new RWD vehicle from GM one day... with more then 2 seats... and it not be a SUV or Truck.
Old 12-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TOO Z MAXX
And to that guy(Doug was it) who thinks he is so important, learn some people skills.
For the last time....try practicing reading comprehension...

I simply told PSJ who he was talking to...and some of the reading challenged on here attacked me.....and for the record I was attacked first.

Let it go......

Quick Reply: 2009 Camaro? Where is it?