General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Recovered My Stolen Car! But Will Not Start.

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear bout all that I ******* hate thieves
Old 11-18-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

buy a gps tracking system
Old 11-18-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Move outta N.O. area. It's more common there with f-body's for some reason. Just what i would do. Or find a good spot that they can't really get to the car to pull it up with the tow truck. Could find a friend that you know to park next to you and kinda block you in with his/her car. Like if you have the same classes. I've never worried about my Vette getting stolen but almost had my Camaro stolen out in front of my dad's place 2 winters ago. it was there getting painted out at his place. Anyway they scoped it out and then went back one night and were trying to take it but the battery was outta the car. It was open too(not locked as it was out in the country) Then when my dad got up to see wtf was going on he saw one of the guys in the drivers seat messin' around. It had no radio in it either at the time. So they saw him get up and hopped in the big loud Dodge truck and take off. He chased after them in his truck with the Doberman and a 9mm Ruger. found out where they went and called the cops and they got busted with a whole chop shop. screwed up...
Old 11-18-2008, 02:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To do what I do I would buy a LoJack system for the car. It is expensive, but you can always know where the car is at. Lojack has a opition that allows you to track the car from your laptop. It does some good use, but in the end the car could still be stolen, but you can find the car again through GPS tracking. Also you can install a ingition interupter from the PCM to some hidden location inside the car that you can toggle on and off. Or you can have a fuel enable switch hidden inside some where, so if the thiefs got the car to run the car would soon die afterwards, with the remaining fuel in the fuel rail and the lines. Not very far. You can disable able some other important stuff so only you can drive it. Just a few ideas that you can ponder. I have some good ones if you would like to really get sneaky with the car. O I don't know if you mentioned it you can get a louder horn or a aftermarket alarm. Viper Alarms is the one I have on mine. You can also turn up the shock sensor in the passenger rear wheel well to alert the surround area that some on e is messing with your baby.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

please don't take this as an ignorant comment; but did u still have the factory alarm on it? The FIRST mod i did to my car, even before i tinited my windows, was to get a better alarm system. i found the best damn alarm system i could, and got all the trimings (glass break sensor, motion/shock sensor, 2-way transponder, ect). I know it isn't a theft preventer, but it sure as hell helps me sleep at night and relax when i park it while im out.

Best mod i ever did.
Old 11-18-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check Mobile1 they have some kind of viper alarm that has a GPS system so you can track your car.

http://www.viper.com/Products/Produc...?ProductID=101

http://www.drdetailshop.com/v200.htm
Old 11-19-2008, 01:02 AM
On The Tree

Man I would kill the guys that did that. Those pics tear me up! I had my 3rd gen stolen from my first day of college. They found it in Indiana and I live in FL.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bjamick
I still dont see these thieves spending this kind of time to steal a car. You guys are talking about tapping into wires and all that good stuff. Now I can see the steering wheel locking and then they just use power to break that. Then the car is driveable, but I dont see them "re-wiring" the car so it will run. It would be nice to know exactly what there doing to get them so quick.
it only takes a minute to: Find resistance value needed, cut and tap in a resistor. 2 people who posted are correct in their assumption of bypassing the vats system.

It sounds like they broke in........ popped the hood open....... took out the horn fuse... Then proceeded to break the steering column and bypass the vats.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:38 PM
Teching In

there is a lock for the clutch/brake...

i forget who makes it. it spreads between the floor and the peddles... no clutch pushed in no starting. no brakes hard to drive.

coolest thing ive seen

Quick Reply: Recovered My Stolen Car! But Will Not Start.