General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Not another "im Bored" thread but...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
I beat on my car everyday...Always hammer it, use nitrous all the time too...My Lexus has 170,000 miles on it now, it never breaks or let's me down, never!!!.. All original parts except for one transmission I blew up from too much power... Dash lights are going out though...

Lexus V8 pal if you want a daily driver that will never break down on you... Hell, I don't even change the fluids in my SC400 anymore..All synthetic's though...

Just a suggestion that I will probably get ripped for... Frigg'n Japs can engineer a dependable ride I will give them that much...
Thats funny because for every import boy that claims his jap car is super reliable, I can name 2 other people who have had tons of problems with theirs.

We have a family friend who has an '04 Toyota Matrix 5 speed. She drives it like a normal person, and its been through 2 transmissions in 40,000 miles. The second one she had to pay for herself at a cost of over $1500. Thats NOT reliable, its GARBAGE.

I have a friend who HAD a Mistu 3000GT VR4, mint condition. After replacing just about every part on the car at least twice, including both stock turbos, and having it leave him stranded multiple times, he got rid of the car and got a Cobra, which hasn't let him down yet.

The 2007+ Honda Civic Si's can't keep a transmission in the car. Apparently all 130ft/lbs of torque are too much for the 6 speed, and they chew up sychros. Cars are sitting on dealer lots with 3,000 miles on them needing complete transmissions because 1st-3rd gear sychros are shot, and Honda solution is the replace the entire transaxle with another identical unit, so the same thing happens again. S2000's have the same issue.

The 2008 Nissan GTR's are blowing transmissions left and right. All you have to do is use the launch control, and the transmissions explodes in a million pieces, NOT convered under warranty because using the launch control voids the factory warranty. So the $80,000 piece of **** you just bought now needs a $20,000 transmission, coming out of your pocket. One person said he's like to drive his pile of **** GTR through the dealership front window, but its not possible because the car can't move under its own power.

Jap cars aren't any more reliable than anything else. Most Hondas and Toyotas are well built, but the parts they use are often not any higher quality than anything else, and they are not designed for abuse. Mitsubishi is the worst, they are ranked at the bottom of just about every quality survey, their cars are complete garbage, regardless of them being japanese.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do not feed the troll, please.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just don't know too much about newer Camaro's and how they hold up when modified...Just trying to learn that is all... Relax tough guy... I am on your side... I happen to like GM cars regardless, have owned and driven many of them too... Not Camaro's though...
Which is why you shouldn't bother commenting. My F-body has 92K as well, and I have a shorter list of parts that needed to be replaced or serived compred to your shitty Lexus SC.

Ok hard facts that I remember in the 90's... Chevy and Ford trucks like the Blazers and Bronco's...I bought and sold many and I mean many... Chevy truck tranny's seem to all fail around the 100,000-140,000 mile mark regarless of maintenance..... I replaced and or rebuilt many from customer returns at that mileage mark..... Bronco's no better, tranny pumps at 80,000 miles plus was always there and evident, Ford Trannies seem to hold a little longer though in the big trucks...
I've seen so many GM and Ford trucks with 200K+ on them with original transmissions that its not even worth trying to count. Its called proper maintenance, changing the fluid and filter at the specified service intervals makes all the difference. The trucks that you see with dead transmissions at 100K miles were NOT taken care of, guarenteed. I highly doubt you've ever even had ANY transmission apart, not to mention a 700R4 or AOD, so its not even worth trying to explain to you why a trans will die a quick life with dirty/worn fluid and live a very long one with proper care and maintance.

Now the big V8 engines always held up in all Domestic cars and trucks regardless of mileage.... The Trinton's, Vortec's ect.., but in cabin rattles and squeeks were most disturbing...Oh, and steering wheel play was another issue with the high mile domestic trucks and SUV's...Down right dangerous in some.. Jeeps Cherokee's too, many problems to deal with around the 100,000 mile mark... 2000 and domestic models up I do not know, as I sold the dealership and stuck with the most reliable car I knew of at the time...The SC400 Lexus... Reliability and not power..
Ever heard of chaning tie rod ends?? Yea, those things at the inner and outer ends of the steering linkage that WEAR OUT under use and especially if not greased at the proper interval?? Obviously not, or you woulnd't be making such stupid statements. Wear and tear parts need to be replaced when they are shot, steering play in the wheel is not a design flaw.

Toyota's, Lexus's and even Honda's did not show the same signs of wear and tear at the same mileage... I would not have any problem buying a used Toyota 4 runner with 175,000 miles from an original owner...Where I would cringe at the thought to try and do that with a Blazer/Tahoe or Bronco/Expedition..
Ahh yes, we forgot, Japanese vehicles are COMPLETELY exempt from the laws of physics and the wear on components due to time and mileage. They use unwearable, indestructible parts. Guess what??? You're DEAD wrong. Wear and tear components are the same on ANY vehicle, often manufacturers even use the same suppliers. I had a Land Cruiser in the other day with 150K miles that needed an ENTIRELY NEW front end, meaning every steering component, gear box, brakes, wheel bearings, hubs, and U-joints. The bill was somewhere arouns $2000 for a vehicle that the guy paid $1000 for. It was a joke, he was kicking himself for wasting his time and money.

I also had a friend who had a 4 Runner with the 3VZE 6 cylinder. You want to talk about a piece of ****, this thing was beyond worthless. Every single gasket in the engine leaked, the majority of engine sensors were shot, the CEL would come on and off randomly, it would stall out often, idle anywhere fron 400RPM-3000RPM depending on where the TPS felt like going (He couldn't afford to change the TPS, it was hundreds of dollars from Toyota), he had to replace the entire front suspension due to wear and tear, the rear leaf springs had to be replaced, all u joints had to be replaced, the clutch had to be replaced, and the entire rear differential had to be replaced. And that was with 150,000 miles on it.

If you call that reliable, you are an idiot. Never would I buy a japanese truck after seeing that piece of **** suck his wallet bone dry.

It is what it is fellas, and I am not trying to shoot on the GM cars and trucks...Just stating facts that I know personally....
You obviously don't know much, you've never actually worked on a car, so I suggest you shut up.

I bet you like the new Toyota Tundra, too. With its weak, open c channel frame that causes the bed to contact the cab on rough terrain, the motors cracking heads and throwing camshafts, and the transmission problems and shitty interior quality we well. Not to mention the tailgates ripping off from setting 100lbs on them.

Once a fanboy, always a fanboy.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Do not feed the troll, please.
I do my best to destroy trolls. If I'm successful he will realize he's not fooling anyone and just leave.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wesman, If I haven't told you lately, I love you man...

How you been? Haven't heard from you lately, glad to see you are still raising hell on the forums.... Ignorance is bliss my friend, and as Forrest Gump would say "that is all have to say about that".....

Hey, I am speaking from experience and in all honesty, that is all I am offering here and nothing more....Now if that offends you, well that's your problem....Hey, it's Christmas time fellas, no need to get hostile on my ****..

No more pissing wars with me, I'm outta here have fun!!!!! Tis the season to be jolly, falla laalla llaaalla blaaaa blaaa bla bla...
Old 12-11-2008, 04:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wesman, If I haven't told you lately, I love you man...

How you been? Haven't heard from you lately, glad to see you are still raising hell on the forums.... Ignorance is bliss my friend, and as Forrest Gump would say "that is all have to say about that".....

Hey, I am speaking from experience and in all honesty, that is all I am offering here and nothing more....Now if that offends you, well that's your problem....Hey, it's Christmas time fellas, no need to get hostile on my ****..

No more pissing wars with me, I'm outta here have fun!!!!! Tis the season to be jolly, falla laalla llaaalla blaaaa blaaa bla bla...
Well not much I cans say to that I guess

Quick Reply: Not another "im Bored" thread but...