General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do you get sarcastic comments about your car?
Never, dunno what you're talking about.
38.15%
Once in a while....
52.21%
All the time, drives me insane!
9.64%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 02:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the time I get "nice car", and "Sexy car" from some of my female friends. Normally the follow up question is "do you race alot" ?
Old 02-22-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Iceman can
Little kids love our cars....they always think its a race car and they stop and stare. Kinda cute.
Yeah they love to peek out the car window at gas stations lol.
Old 02-22-2009, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i'll be out washing mine and some kids will ride by and yell "nice car man" lol i get a kick out of it Any kind of good comment helps ease ur mind when you realize how much time and money you've spent on it.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 3rdgentug
duuuude thats awesome!

i bet her dad felt like a chode!

haha... i bet her dad told her to say it
Old 02-22-2009, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My favorite was when I went to autzone for something, I cameback out started my car up there was a brand new dodge setting next to me little kid rolled the window down looked at his parent's said I want a car like that some day. Although I never considered buying a camaro until last year, its the only car I've ever kept for more then a year to
Old 02-22-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Most of the time I get "nice car", and "Sexy car" from some of my female friends. Normally the follow up question is "do you race alot" ?
I get the race one and how fast does it go or how fast have you gone in it. I u usually just say fast enough to know better because I don't like to encourage driving fast even though I do it.

Haha... That reminds me... It really wasn't a comment about me but I had two guys arguing about my car. They were arguing what the speedo went too. I said it say 155 but there is a 160 dash mark. I heard the one guy turn and walk away and was like see I told you it goes 160. I chuckled.

Last edited by araber89; 02-22-2009 at 06:21 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and back when i had the vette fuel rail covers on...i would hear people at shows go..."check it out, its got a corvette motor in it" lol That was amusing to me
Old 02-22-2009, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I get snotty comments on a regular basis. I dont drive around and act like a d-bag everywhere I go, but they think I do because my car isnt exactly the quietest thing on the road.

I go through a housing track every morning to pick one of my friends up and usually get people staring me down. Some of them yell ****, but IDC. I'm not driving like an a-hole, not speeding, and not breaking any laws.

about a month ago, some d-bag yelled "Quit racing your damn car around this track". I smiled and waved. Pissed him off even more, then as I was making my exit, he tried flagging me down in the middle of the road. I slowed down because the a-hole was in the middle of the road and I didnt want to be arrested for hitting him. I went around him (he tried hitting my car ), and that was it for that day.

Stupid **** like that happens on a regular basis for me. They see a younger guy in a firebird and automatically think hes driving like an a-hole, which I dont. I NEVER speed inside housing tracks because I dont want to hit anyone.

My next F-body is going to have a cut-out on it for occasions like this. I can be loud for the people that **** me off, and quiet for the people that dont.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by litemup02
Oh and back when i had the vette fuel rail covers on...i would hear people at shows go..."check it out, its got a corvette motor in it" lol That was amusing to me
Yeah, I have a corvette motor in my Formula too.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

They are pretty rare..you might want to hold onto it if it does..lol
Old 02-22-2009, 07:22 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Iceman can
Little kids love our cars....they always think its a race car and they stop and stare. Kinda cute.
Yes they do. However before I had mufflers and just had a dumped X, the kids across the street who were very little would get scared when I started it at night. If they were outside though they would be glued to the fence to watch and listen.

Positive comments for the most part, my favorite is the tile guy we had in from new york told me I was nuts and told me "your car is bad ***, man" he was foreign. He also asked where the tail pipes were and when i revved it understood.

Had a few negatives, none that I remember except the one site laborer told me its a girls car and that only the older ones are for guys?

When it was dumped it was fun to romp it real quick while cruising buy a group of people to have them all jump, then laugh and smile usually followed by thumbs up.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Like the topic says, I've been wondering if other people get the same thing. At least 3 times in the last week I will be in a parking lot sitting still and some SUV full of yuppies will roll by and shout " Oh you got a fast car alright" or something similarly sarcastic. I was in no way, shape, or form trying to show off, just trying to park. It happened again today in a parking garage so I figured I would see what everyone elses experience is.
Thats what douchebags are for; that should just be a sign to you that you do have something badass.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Teching In

SO JAY! PERSONAL THREATS ARE NOT ALLOWED RIGHT? BUT PERSONAL INSULTS,RACIAL INSULTS, AND CHARACTER ASSASINATION IS?
Im not on this site that much but,I dont see anybody else getting called names!, and for the record I havent made any personal threats,I just simply stated that there are people out there that are very capable of carrying out the threats that you and others on site said that I made.
Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TT610INCH
Im not on this site that much but,I dont see anybody else getting called names!
Not everyone is acting like a moron.

SO JAY! PERSONAL THREATS ARE NOT ALLOWED RIGHT? BUT PERSONAL INSULTS,RACIAL INSULTS, AND CHARACTER ASSASINATION IS?
Yes and yes, see above.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Why am i acting like a moron!? Explain please in detail!
Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Lemon's you got potential... I like the "maybe your attitude will change when you come back"...

You would probably wear out the ban button...
eh, i thought it was a nice touch..

i honestly would be more like vendetta i believe, hardly ever use the ban button.. i think i could get my point across good enough that i was not kidding that people would understand to drop whatever it is..
maybe we will find out one day..

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
We can't have threats or personal attacks here on LS1tech. You need thicker skin on the internet. I'm not a Mod in this section but this may get you an infraction or possibly a ban.
noted for future reference..

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Jay, I don't know how you moderate the Street racing section only.. I would go nuts reading street race after street race every day.. You should request a switch with Vendetta to the Racers Lounge, as that is a much more entertaining section to moderate....

Know wonder you are straying over to this section from time to time to keep your sanity.
Jay will be a super mod again.. as he should have been the whole time.. but when he does ill pay my 1k$ to be SR$K moderator..
Old 02-22-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Why am i acting like a moron!? Explain please in detail!

I would but since you're a moron I highly doubt you would understand it at all.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

back to topic please!!! this was a good thread until douchers raided it.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah but whatever. I've had people try in flag me down and since I never stopped to talk to them because I didn't care for what they had to say, they started standing in the middle of the road trying to hit my car. Also had one of my neighbors call the cops on me complaining when I had my stock exhaust Now I have my longtubes and cutout and make sure they hear me coming to **** off whoever it was.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by sujomatt
back to topic please!!! this was a good thread until douchers raided it.

I disagree this thread got good when the douchers raided it.

Quick Reply: Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?