General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do you get sarcastic comments about your car?
Never, dunno what you're talking about.
38.15%
Once in a while....
52.21%
All the time, drives me insane!
9.64%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrob56
https://ls1tech.com/forums/album.php?albumid=8255

looks like she wasnt lying, the car isnt exactly my taste but not too bad i guess...
Yea and she has a cute little 250 Ninja... Not bad
Old 02-26-2009, 11:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Old 02-27-2009, 03:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jenc
I'm going to brag for just a second - I get compliments on days where my car isn't even on the street. Why? Becaaaauuse I'm a super hot girl with a bad *** camaro and ride a crotch rocket too. Plus, I'm not afraid to work on my camaro and get a little greasy in the process.
There I'm done.
you just lied in your entire post..

super hot girl.. alright, alright... you got me.. you are a girl.
bad *** camaro.. yes, it is badass.. without the rims, body kit, hood, spoiler.. and if i am seeing this correct, it needs an ls1 to be "bad ***"..
yes you do ride a bike.. "crotch rocket", not in my book.. for me to consider a bike a "crotch rocket" it has to be able to at LEAST keep up with my car..

you might try wording your posts differently and they wont be scrutinized by so many people..
Old 02-27-2009, 03:38 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Like the topic says, I've been wondering if other people get the same thing. At least 3 times in the last week I will be in a parking lot sitting still and some SUV full of yuppies will roll by and shout " Oh you got a fast car alright" or something similarly sarcastic. I was in no way, shape, or form trying to show off, just trying to park. It happened again today in a parking garage so I figured I would see what everyone elses experience is.
Yea I get it sometimes, mostly just the look. Kinda just rolling there eyes. That's usually when I go to the gas station where the local rice crew and VW homos hang.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99bowtieZ
Yea and she has a cute little 250 Ninja... Not bad
600CC babe

The car IS an LS1, built from the ground up by ME

I guess I'm hot enough to be sponsored by Hooters for 3 years and appear in multiple puplications

If you can't appreciate a girl like me, I question your heterosexuality because any guy who talks to me about cars could validate my original "false" post

Hey, I just thought you all might think it would be neat but just because I'm a girl and I got a 1up you gotta hate, which I could care less but I'm going to give you the facts first.

Last edited by jenc; 02-27-2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jenc
I guess I'm hot enough to be sponsored by Hooters for 3 years and appear in multiple puplications.
If you're hot enough to be sponsored by Hooters and brag about it on a car forum, you should post up some more pictures
Old 02-27-2009, 08:23 AM
Teching In

I loaded a few pics in my photo album for my profile. They aren't anything special, just a few I took at home myself. If you don't like what you see, you don't like it. I'm not looking for approval from anyone here but should any one of us meet, I can say you'd be impressed, but please don't assume I don't know anything about performance because of my sex. I don't downgrade any of you.
"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all," as the old saying goes.
The camaro is sweet as sin, seeing long hair sticking out the bottom of a helmet of a girl on a sport bike is hardly seen, and I'm probably the nicest girl you'd ever meet so give me a break here guys.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:03 AM
Teching In

Whew!

She sure told us!

Certainly the first time I have been lectured on sexual steriotypes by a hooters girl.

Regular Maya Angelou.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Shiro666
Whew!

She sure told us!

Certainly the first time I have been lectured on sexual steriotypes by a hooters girl.

Regular Maya Angelou.
It has nothing to do with Hooters. It's entirely based on the comments made here. It's a reflection of your own attitude.

This is getting way off topic. All I'm saying is no I don't get snide remarks, I've only ever gotten compliments so let's just let it go.

Last edited by jenc; 02-27-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:33 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I get nothing... ever. Well except 'are you crazy' when I'm filling up at a gas station during a snow storm.

I see people look and maybe the occasional thumbs up but no one ever comments about the car. I think the car looks alright.... who knows.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:58 AM
NKAWTG...N

This thread has run its course.

Quick Reply: Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?