General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do you get sarcastic comments about your car?
Never, dunno what you're talking about.
38.15%
Once in a while....
52.21%
All the time, drives me insane!
9.64%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 03:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lickeyman
Only crap I ever get is at the gas pump (back when it was 4+ a gallon).

One time a guy driving a big new v-6 camry the next pump over was like gee I bet you like filling up that big v-8.

I said I get about 25mpg if I drive sanely.

He goes huh?

I go yeah 25.

He then goes well so do I.....I guess.

I just smiled and fired up my noisy big ole v-8
Man I hate it when people do that. Like they are trying to put you down and feel good about themselves. Love it when you can throw it back at them like that.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always get comments on the color of my car and ive never had a bad remark from anyone except this guy i work with from albania lol he thinks his VW is the **** and he only likes europen cars plus he talks just like borat lmao
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^LOL we got a guy at work that looks like borat...so thats what we call him. He dont have a clue what we are talking about.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sittin at a stoplight one night and a honda with a park bench bolted to the trunk lid started revving up his engine and says "bet I win" to me. Lets just say that his ***** probably shrunk when I left the stoplight off the transbrake at 5500rpm's. I swear my passenger was two feet above me from it launching so hard.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

i've gotten plenty of dirty looks, had people yelling and pumping their first when i'm doing about 20 in 20 mph residential area. even had a guy say "that thang aint runnin right" after i parked it (its got a cam). then again these reactions should be expected when running a LM1+ORY on a 402 powered f-body. and no it doesn't **** me off, actually its more funny than anything.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
I kept them in the other lane, not letting them back in (they were speeding up and slowing down). The passenger in the SUV was yelling all sorts of things at me "what the **** are you doing?! what the **** is wrong with you?!" etc etc. I kept him in the lane until cars coming the opposite way were within an 1/8th of a mile, then I pulled ahead and made a left around 50 mph with a right signal to throw them off.

Moral of the story: I don't like being tailgated.
Dude, am I reading this right, you wouldn't even let them get back on the right side of the road? What they were doing was messed up but you were just being a dick if you wouldn't let them merge back over.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

The one incident that stick out was some kid..An utter douchbag sterotypical college age kid in an older red Lexus SC. He said something to me(minding my own business) when he pulled along side..All I remember is that he said "nice 80's rock star car"...It didn't end there..It got pretty heated. Something else he either did or said made me want to beat the living **** out him..It got pretty tense. I wish I could remember more..since it would've made a better story.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't recall anything like that happening to me yet, but then again I live in Virginia where my car is nicer than 99.99999999% of all cars on the road because the poverty is so bad here. I do get some nice compliments from time to time and the occasional look from a pretty lady once and a while. They always want me to rev my motor and I want to rev more than just my motor for them. LOL
Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they say that crap cuz they're jealous. unless you have been rippin' it up or something.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by proporio
I was thinking this after I read the OP's first post.
I don't f@cking care what anyone else thinks about my car.
I didn't buy it for them, and I didn't buy it because of what someone else thinks about it.
Grow a f@ucking pair op.
Wow dude, you're an internet badass. I didn't say I give a **** what they think, I was curious if it happens to other people. And I think you're full of it, if you didn't care what other people thought, you wouldn't come into my thread and act like this.

Thanks to everyone else for the responses, keep em coming.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Mean87SS
Sometimes... haters I guess.
what i was thinking.......
Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Golf&GM
Dude, am I reading this right, you wouldn't even let them get back on the right side of the road? What they were doing was messed up but you were just being a dick if you wouldn't let them merge back over.
I respect your honesty.

I was being a complete dick. In my view, I was setting an example to them. Treat other drivers with respect. Tailgating 1-2 ft off of someones bumper is not really necessary, complete with high beam flashes because I wasn't going fast enough (forgot to mention that in my story). They already passed one person, and in general were just driving like ********.

Maybe having them stuck in a lane, on the opposite side of the road, staring at someone's headlights coming head on will make them thing twice before driving like a wreckless douche bag to "impress his boys".

Like I said, I wasn't on the same moral grounding as the other guys with their road rage stories. I'm an *******, just with a good purpose.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

WoW, I must be the only guy on the forum that has never gotten a harsh remark about my car. One guy who's brother owns a 5.0 with NOS said my car was slow(I have never even ran this guy). But that's about it, but of course everyone in town knows me (16K PoP). And im 6'4 236lbs 13% body fat, Bald and covered with tattoo's, I think that might have something do with it also. People really do think im a hard ***, but ask any of my friends or family. I am a really caring guy. And will help almost any one who needs it. But of course I have had my *** ridden by a few import guys some of them fast some of them ricers, some of them ok guys after I got to know them, some of them dicks. Although one time I was driving down the street and some high school punk yelled at me (****** *****) I slammed on the breaks, threw the car in reverse spinning the tires whipping it into the parking spot next to the curb. Bailed out and walked up asking him if he had a ******* problem. When the kid seen me I think he about pissed his pants. He was about 17yo. He said "Nnnnooo" And I said ok have a nice day

Last edited by ninjai_ruken; 02-16-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: 236lbs not 246..geesh
Old 02-16-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ironxcross
I'm an *******, just with a good purpose.
I'm with ya there. I once break checked a guy twice. First was a warning and he got closer but I never let off the brake so the brake lights never went off then I slammed them again. Needless to say I was in the truck and I could no longer see light from his lights behind my truck anymore. He backed way off.

Anyhow on to the car comments. I was had a lady yell at me at a stop light. The story goes...

I was sitting at a red light when I here...

"Hey! Hey!" The voice came with an angry tone

I look to my left and see this lady in her forties.

When she saw me look at her she goes...
"Does that thing have straight pipes?!"

Me: (I heard her but didn't want to respond) "Huh?!"

Her: "Does that have straight pipes?!"

Giving her a very confused look I said "What?"

She now started across the street to give me a talking to... Well light changes and I just yell "NO!" and laugh then take off.... I laughed so hard at her.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by araber89
I'm with ya there. I once break checked a guy twice. First was a warning and he got closer but I never let off the brake so the brake lights never went off then I slammed them again. Needless to say I was in the truck and I could no longer see light from his lights behind my truck anymore. He backed way off.

Anyhow on to the car comments. I was had a lady yell at me at a stop light. The story goes...

I was sitting at a red light when I here...

"Hey! Hey!" The voice came with an angry tone

I look to my left and see this lady in her forties.

When she saw me look at her she goes...
"Does that thing have straight pipes?!"

Me: (I heard her but didn't want to respond) "Huh?!"

Her: "Does that have straight pipes?!"

Giving her a very confused look I said "What?"

She now started across the street to give me a talking to... Well light changes and I just yell "NO!" and laugh then take off.... I laughed so hard at her.

If your state has emissions I bet she worked for the Dept.. I love my state, no Emission laws and I no one can say a damn thing about my exhaust set up. (LT/Before Axel Dump)
Old 02-16-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

No emissions. I think she was pissy and in the town I was they don't like noise. The local PD will let you go if you just cruise through and don't make to much noise. She evidently thought I was in the wrong.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Although one time I was driving down the street and some high school punk yelled at me (****** *****) I slammed on the breaks, threw the car in reverse spinning the tires whipping it into the parking spot next to the curb. Bailed out and walked up asking him if he had a ******* problem. When the kid seen me I think he about pissed his pants. He was about 17yo. He said "Nnnnooo" And I said ok have a nice day
Haha that's hilarious!

I've had a couple people ride my *** and flip me off for no reason.. but other than that it's been good. Once had a bus load of cheering kids when I did a burnout for them. All the thumbs up and huge grins were priceless
Old 02-16-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by araber89
No emissions. I think she was pissy and in the town I was they don't like noise. The local PD will let you go if you just cruise through and don't make to much noise. She evidently thought I was in the wrong.
hahahaha, great story there.

People really should just mind their business!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I know they are cracking down big time at home with noise pollution in Newark DE.
But around here in E City, NC I get ugly looks because everyone drives a damn mustang around here. "This here be Ford Tuff County". They all have 5.0s and 4.6 GTs and a couple lightly modded new GTs. There are a couple that are fast but nothing that could beat my 99 TA(MS3 and PRC 5.3s). 90% of them don't realize that LS1=5.7 I think it is pure ignorance on there part for hating a car and not knowing a thing about it.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think I've ever had anyone say anything bad about my car to be honest. And I'm not a perfect driver either especially with passing folks and riding a little close until I can lol. It's not exceptionally loud or anything, though, just has some lope.

Quick Reply: Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?