General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do you get sarcastic comments about your car?
Never, dunno what you're talking about.
38.15%
Once in a while....
52.21%
All the time, drives me insane!
9.64%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?

Like the topic says, I've been wondering if other people get the same thing. At least 3 times in the last week I will be in a parking lot sitting still and some SUV full of yuppies will roll by and shout " Oh you got a fast car alright" or something similarly sarcastic. I was in no way, shape, or form trying to show off, just trying to park. It happened again today in a parking garage so I figured I would see what everyone elses experience is.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

voted never, i do get the occasional compliment, but nothing off the wall really
12 Second Club

I've gotten that maybe once, however, usually it's a compliment or someone asking me to make some noise.
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes... haters I guess.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

I get more compliments than snide remarks. Although this one time a kid in a riced out Honda Civic came out of nowhere rapping the crap out of his engine screaming "You don't need a V8 to make power rawr!" I had literally done nothing to this guy. Made me laugh until he almost hit my car.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Only the occasional ricer rev up but when I open the cut out and give him a rev back it usually ends at that.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, thats what I think people normally get is compliments and such. But lately I've been getting a rash of ********. Last week these guys on the sidewalk of wal mart were talking **** as I rolled by just finding a spot to park in, "Oh I bet he thinks his **** is fast...." etc. This has happened a LOT lately to me and I can't figure out why. Maybe the noise?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was driving around the other day on a Friday night. Just cruisin' around then I gave the car a quick WOT throttle romp but never got over the speed limit. About 2 minutes later a car flies past me full of teenagers flipping me off..hah oops?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:33 AM
12 Second Club

I haven't witnessed it first hand, but I have heard about people talking about my car...behind my back what else is new lol
Old 02-16-2009, 01:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I've had random people flip me off, and one time a SUV full of fraggots yelled comments about my sexuality as I passed them at a 4 way stop (for no reason I wasn't going out of turn or anything)

Mostly its just compliments or questions, and occasional wise asses that think they're Rams are fast or something
Old 02-16-2009, 01:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I get a few comments off and on that are negative. Mostly I get thumbs up and grins. No one says anything to me at stops but i've had a few guys yell **** while I'm just cruising along and a quick spin of the 315s at 35 shuts them up. The sad part is my **** isn't even fast.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:36 AM
12 Second Club

Some dude in a old hippy van yelled "GET A MUFFLER!" at me once. I was my old almost stock TA with longtubes and a homemade flowmaster catback, it was prety quiet and I was just idling at a stop light. I just held it at about 6k for a few seconds then drove of like nothing happend LOL. He looked pissed.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:38 AM
12 Second Club

I get alot of compliments, but I get about the same in types of remarks like that. People assume that you are trying to be a hardass because you drive a loud cammed car. I really get them in the summer when the t-tops are off.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

never. everyone who talks about my car loves it
Old 02-16-2009, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

I had some ****** tail gate me on the freeway and when I moved over to let him pass his b*tch gave me the finger and threw water on my car. I chased them, but eventually ended up losing them. Lucky for them because I swear I was about to beat both of their brains in with a pole I keep in my car. I hate people like that. If you get those comments you should just ask them what the problem is.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Banned

Meh, just the typical old people in the prius flipping me off...or people yelling at me to "SLOW DOWN" when doing 20 in a 25? My response is usally a followed by 300' of rubber at 6500rpm's.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:46 AM
Launching!

I get the occaisonal He-man bad boy ricer who flies up on my bumper and tailgaits me for a while.

This summer we stopped by the grocery store, and our kid got out to go in and get some treats for a birthday party with her friends. I was parked out in the boonies in the parking lot away from everyone as usual. As our kid was coming back out, I looked in the rear view mirror and there was a car full of teens easing into the parking space behind us. They were laughing so hard, the the chick driving could barely control the car. They were already too close, and getting closer. I was forced to pull forward while my wife was opening her door to let our kid in. No time to warn her.

After out kid got in, I circled around and pulled up beside the car. It was a freaking driving school car and they were using my TA to practice parking with. I told them it wasn't funny. The instructor explained it was a driving class. I told him I didn't care, use someone else's car as a sacrificial parking dummy. I do know if I hadn''t looked in the mirror and moved, they would have damaged my rear bumper.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by johnnybravo
I get the occaisonal He-man bad boy ricer who flies up on my bumper and tailgaits me for a while.

This summer we stopped by the grocery store, and our kid got out to go in and get some treats for a birthday party with her friends. I was parked out in the boonies in the parking lot away from everyone as usual. As our kid was coming back out, I looked in the rear view mirror and there was a car full of teens easing into the parking space behind us. They were laughing so hard, the the chick driving could barely control the car. They were already too close, and getting closer. I was forced to pull forward while my wife was opening her door to let our kid in. No time to warn her.

After out kid got in, I circled around and pulled up beside the car. It was a freaking driving school car and they were using my TA to practice parking with. I told them it wasn't funny. The instructor explained it was a driving class. I told him I didn't care, use someone else's car as a sacrificial parking dummy. I do know if I hadn''t looked in the mirror and moved, they would have damaged my rear bumper.

Woo I believe I would've come unraveled big time there. I'm sure you would have to if not for your family being there. That's just ridiculous.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Where's the option that says, "I DON'T GIVE A RAT F**K ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT MY CAR."

Who the f**k cares about what people say.

I didn't buy this thing to appeal to other people or *****; I bought it because it's kick-*** on 4 wheels and nothing else needs to be said or done. If you're the kind of guy that sits there and worries about what other people think about you or your ride then you need to do a nut-check...

Last edited by myk; 02-16-2009 at 04:40 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:50 AM
10 Second Club

I normally only get good feed back. But to be honest I could give a **** less what some jackass thinks of me. just like im sure he really doesnt care what I think of his pony tail and prius...

I bought the car for me not everyone else.

Quick Reply: Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?