General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Do you get sarcastic comments about your car?
Never, dunno what you're talking about.
38.15%
Once in a while....
52.21%
All the time, drives me insane!
9.64%
Voters: 249. You may not vote on this poll

Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

right now my headlights grind when they close and my window motors both fried so i get a lotta "hey why don't you roll your windows down?" and crap like that. but all are easily solved with a reply such as "YO wanna race?"
Old 02-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to get all serious with you clowns but I must state the obvious...

The people that said "I don't care what other people say are full of crap".. To some degree we all care what others think, girls and guys... You would feel much better if someone said your car is sweet as apposed to your car is a piece of crap and is slow... Right or Wrong?

Example - If all the girls and friends you knew all laughed at your ride you would be pissed off and probably sell it.. Let's be honest is all that I saying.. You can brush off negative comments easily is what you guys should have said..
Old 02-16-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I voted sometimes.

On one forum people say f-bods r a piece of ****, but they hump Euro's and anything other then american so i dont take it to heart because they dont matter.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Not to get all serious with you clowns but I must state the obvious...

The people that said "I don't care what other people say are full of crap".. To some degree we all care what others think, girls and guys... You would feel much better if someone said your car is sweet as apposed to your car is a piece of crap and is slow... Right or Wrong?

Example - If all the girls and friends you knew all laughed at your ride you would be pissed off and probably sell it.. Let's be honest is all that I saying.. You can brush off negative comments easily is what you guys should have said..
actually there's where you are wrong... I got my car cause I enjoy a loud, fast car. The more people hated my car because of it, the more id be likely to go faster/louder. I DO NOT give a **** what anyone thinks. In fact i know several people that likely hate my car (my neighbors ) but that doesnt stop me from coming home at 2 am with the cutouts open.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by 406malibu
actually there's where you are wrong... I got my car cause I enjoy a loud, fast car. The more people hated my car because of it, the more id be likely to go faster/louder. I DO NOT give a **** what anyone thinks. In fact i know several people that likely hate my car (my neighbors ) but that doesnt stop me from coming home at 2 am with the cutouts open.
Well, it's obvious we all like fast cars that goes without saying... Are you sure you don't give a rats ***?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Well, it's obvious we all like fast cars that goes without saying... Are you sure you don't give a rats ***?
pretty much. lol If someone likes my car, then ya it makes me proud, i wont deny that, but if someone doesn't like it, then it doesn't bother me. I know its badass, and thats all that matters to me.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:50 PM
On The Tree

I dont really get bad remarks. I mean it happens sometimes but I dont let it get to me; last kid who said my car was "****" I left him bus lengths behind 3 times in a row a week later after he talked crap to all his boys and ran his mouth. Stupid little GTi owners..they'll never learn that just because they have a carbon fiber hood and side fenders doesnt mean they'll run 10's lol.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I usually get compliments, but I always get somebody at the hangout spots asking me why I didn't get the LS2 version....
Old 02-16-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by x3d187
I dont really get bad remarks. I mean it happens sometimes but I dont let it get to me; last kid who said my car was "****" I left him bus lengths behind 3 times in a row a week later after he talked crap to all his boys and ran his mouth. Stupid little GTi owners..they'll never learn that just because they have a carbon fiber hood and side fenders doesnt mean they'll run 10's lol.
Oh, thats my favorite by far. Know it all ricers. They seriously never know what is coming to them.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Arc00TA
Like the topic says, I've been wondering if other people get the same thing. At least 3 times in the last week I will be in a parking lot sitting still and some SUV full of yuppies will roll by and shout " Oh you got a fast car alright" or something similarly sarcastic. I was in no way, shape, or form trying to show off, just trying to park. It happened again today in a parking garage so I figured I would see what everyone elses experience is.
I just want to add SO CAL drivers dont matter, they are all sell outs with there imports, and there american car snubbing, i am sick to my stomach every time i drive here, i wouldnt let there opinions of my cars register.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Only crap I ever get is at the gas pump (back when it was 4+ a gallon).

One time a guy driving a big new v-6 camry the next pump over was like gee I bet you like filling up that big v-8.

I said I get about 25mpg if I drive sanely.

He goes huh?

I go yeah 25.

He then goes well so do I.....I guess.

I just smiled and fired up my noisy big ole v-8
Old 02-16-2009, 01:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I get compliments. If someone has a said a smartass remark to me or about my car they haven't said it to me directly.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^X2

I just get alot of.... "this car will take ya" and i give them a........ "anytime, lets do it right now" and then i get excuses and the guys at work do give me a little **** about putting money into it...but thats about it. on the other hand, i do tend to express my laughter in excess when i see a ricer
Old 02-16-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

i get the usual "nice car" comment from the 30-50yr old crowd. driving through the neighborhood i sometimes see 10yr olds pointing, one even yelled" thats a cool car". the only snide remarks i get are from my friends and parents that tell me too stop wasting my money =)
Old 02-16-2009, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

Normally I get the kind of idiots on the highway that were poky-slows until I can get around them in traffic. Then, they're following too close or glued in my blind spot like I'm supposed to be breaking a trail for them. = sheeple.

The one incident that I will never understand happened about 3-5 months after buying my 2002 T/A. I was cruising home after work when this 1/2 ton p/u with work boxes pulled up along side me.

He was obviously agitated, and was cursing and giving me the finger.
I pulled ahead and stepped through traffic to get away from him, then settled back to the general highway flow.

Look in my rv mirror, and here he comes up, all full of ****-n-vinegar, and proceeds to try to force me outta the lane!

Now it's time for some serious driving. I know the highway well, and I set it up so I could hit an exit ramp at a speed no p/u could match, while making sure not to endanger drivers nearby.

Mr. deviant p/u driver missed the exit of course, and my last view of him was with his truck in the dust on the shoulder.

I reviewed my driving prior to the incident. I was not careless or imprudent in any way I could remember , and I just never could figure out what attracted such road rage.
He must have had a hate on for a particular color car or kind of car that reminded him of something in his twisted past!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Hobbies are hobbies.

People golf, tell them to stop wasting their money.

Others buy drugs, be it legal, or illegal, tell them to stop wasting their money.

Some people make their car faster, tell them to stop wasting their money.

What are we supposed to spend all this money on? Extra mortgage payments?! I say enjoy your life and buy your go fast parts. Help the economy and small businesses!
Old 02-16-2009, 02:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fnbrowning
Normally I get the kind of idiots on the highway that were poky-slows until I can get around them in traffic. Then, they're following too close or glued in my blind spot like I'm supposed to be breaking a trail for them. = sheeple.

The one incident that I will never understand happened about 3-5 months after buying my 2002 T/A. I was cruising home after work when this 1/2 ton p/u with work boxes pulled up along side me.

He was obviously agitated, and was cursing and giving me the finger.
I pulled ahead and stepped through traffic to get away from him, then settled back to the general highway flow.

Look in my rv mirror, and here he comes up, all full of ****-n-vinegar, and proceeds to try to force me outta the lane!

Now it's time for some serious driving. I know the highway well, and I set it up so I could hit an exit ramp at a speed no p/u could match, while making sure not to endanger drivers nearby.

Mr. deviant p/u driver missed the exit of course, and my last view of him was with his truck in the dust on the shoulder.

I reviewed my driving prior to the incident. I was not careless or imprudent in any way I could remember , and I just never could figure out what attracted such road rage.
He must have had a hate on for a particular color car or kind of car that reminded him of something in his twisted past!
I had a problem like that once. I'm not sure I was on as good moral grounding as you were, but regardless - here goes...

I was driving back from the movies, around 12 am during the summer of 2008, doing the speed limit (50), minding my business. Someone in a large SUV with blue lights begins tailgating me (close mind you, really close). So I sped up to be a nice person. They sped up too. So now I'm annoyed that I was being nice and they aren't backing off. The next step was to get off the throttle and let the car slow down. I slowed down to about 35 doing this. Then after they honked at me, I slammed on the brakes. They got annoyed and tried passing me on the double line. So, I downshifted and floored it. I kept them in the other lane, not letting them back in (they were speeding up and slowing down). The passenger in the SUV was yelling all sorts of things at me "what the **** are you doing?! what the **** is wrong with you?!" etc etc. I kept him in the lane until cars coming the opposite way were within an 1/8th of a mile, then I pulled ahead and made a left around 50 mph with a right signal to throw them off.

Moral of the story: I don't like being tailgated.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^no ****..lol Thats what i say..."hey i'm just helping the economy" This older guy at work that has another business too...always talks about all of this money he has. I say.. why is it that everthing i have, is nicer than yours? you cant take it with you! Then he moans and groans about bullshit..so i say keep saving then. It will give your kids more to blow for you when your gone..lol
Old 02-16-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by slayerized6
i get the usual "nice car" comment from the 30-50yr old crowd. driving through the neighborhood i sometimes see 10yr olds pointing, one even yelled" thats a cool car". the only snide remarks i get are from my friends and parents that tell me too stop wasting my money =)
This about sums up everything with me... I get the "NICE CAR!" yell about once a week from kids in the neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods. But I've had parents yell slow down on a few occasions when im going 5-10 under the speed limit. My car isnt even loud... yet
Old 02-16-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shiv15
This about sums up everything with me... I get the "NICE CAR!" yell about once a week from kids in the neighborhood and surrounding neighborhoods. But I've had parents yell slow down on a few occasions when im going 5-10 under the speed limit. My car isnt even loud... yet
Some guy did this to me when I was leaving work for lunch a few months ago, pulled out of here doing like 20 in a 40 he was jogging on the side of the road, actually in the MIDDLE of the road. He starts yelling and pointing at me... I slammed on the brakes and shut the car off, got out and not so politely told him to mind his own business as well as to get his dumbass out of the middle of the road... sidewalks are meant for that. We have a bunch of "do gooders" around here where I work.

Quick Reply: Do YOU get snide remarks about your car?