General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Does anyone hated his fbody someday ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my, clunky, loud creaking in every corner Camaro. . . .

That is what makes a Camaro in my mind. . .

Fast as ******* hell and just screaming real GM.

Last edited by samson_420; 10-17-2009 at 08:27 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

How can you hate a F-Body? That is what Mustangs are for.

Last edited by 9911UZ28; 10-16-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear you. I love my car most of the time...I actually LIKE the interior, and I think the exterior is beautiful, even though it's a 16 year old design.

It's the little quirks that annoy me, like the window motors and the rattles and most recently, grinding headlight motors.

I also hate the ride, I actually enjoy looking at my car more than driving it sometimes. My work's GMC Topkick box truck rides better. Plus, being an A4 doesn't help matters any. That's my own fault for buying an A4 though, can't blame the car for the driver being an idiot.

But take the tops off on a nice summer night, and that all just fades away, and I fall back in love with the car.

I've had a love/hate relationship with every F-Body I've owned, they're kind of like that crazy chick you just know is bad news, yet you can't seem to stay away.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1999BlueTA
I love cars and both of mine but they are just not as important to me as they use to be other things come first.
If your "other things" wear diapers, give it about 10 years.

The car craze will return.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

my other thing has his own car now a 04 Monte Carlo SS I gave him. I had to start him on the right path
Old 10-16-2009, 09:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a love hate relationship with my car i usally cursing when i break something hearing the rear wine or all bumps and thuds but as soon as i drop it down a gear and give it hell it gets all better
Old 10-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Launching!

I have had my car 2 years going on 3. Yes there are the normal quirks like others have pointed out. But I love the car. Coming home and pulling in behind it and seeing the low squat my car has makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. I enjoy my car, and right now wouldn't have it any other way.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Never hated mine, but there are definitely times where I just want a relaxing comfortable ride. That's when I drive my 95 T-bird Then I wonder where my extra 120hp went and drive the T/A next time.

From what I hear the 350z is harsh as hell, but handles good. I read the G35 rides better and has just about the same performance.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

They don't tell you on the 350Z forums to sell your car when it hits 40k miles..

They are complete junk, period.

Do a little research and you will change your mind on that, I did.

Change something.. Install nitrous, paint it.... Something.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Regular

Well I hate mine 90% of the time. However new fronts shocks, control arms bushings, out tie rods and a alignment would take cars of most of that. I have 0 money for any of that at this time so I will just complain. Add a full exhaust, cam and gears and I would be very happy.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate my cars but I couldn't ever image driving anything else. Never had any issues at 146k miles. Other that the damn drivers window motor and broken gas gauge, there really isn't anything wrong with my car. It's been a great first vehicle. It might not ride smooth or not squeak at every bump but that defeats the purpose of having a muscle car, unless you had a V6 like me, then it's totally not worth it haha.

You guys can't complain until you have driven an 80 Trans Am daily, that sucked *** but man I miss it. Hearing the roar of that 400ci engine and having everyone wave at you made it all worth it.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:28 AM
On The Tree

ive got a friend with a 350z who was gonna turbo it after the warranty expired til he found out that those engines are extremely unreliable and break often over 400hp. so if youre lookin for more power, id stay away. id say buy a underpowered boring DD. itll make your camaro more fun to drive. worked for me.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude it's a car. Parts are gonna break it's all part of owning a car. Fix them and enjoy your damn f-body it is beautiful
Old 10-17-2009, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dude, take my advice and dont sell.... I sold mine and ******* regretting it... ****, i think i will actually be in a market for another one... Just miss that american muscle power!!!

And dont get those imports... they will also be uncomfortable, and you feel worse for getting into debt for a probably slower car...

The only thing you should UPGRADE to is c6 vette or a g8 gxp or something like that....
Old 10-17-2009, 01:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you want a car that "just works", you'll end up with something slow and boring.

I think everybody has hated their car at one time or another. I hate driving mine on the highway right now because of a vibration I've been chasing, but I don't really hate the car.

I'll tell you what though, every time the car is down and I have to borrow my mom's civic (cut me some slack, I'm in college still ) I miss the power, handling, stability, and the noise. When I get my car back, it makes me fall right back in love with it again.

I've had my car for about 5 years and I've thought about selling it a few times because I was just fed up with something. I always ended up figuring it out, and being glad I didn't do something stupid like sell it. Honestly, I hope I never have to get rid of this car.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Haha and you think at 350z is going to be better? Have you ever driven one or even been in one?
been in one...it's a nice car and has a better intrior, I know it's slow comparing to my car ...but speed doesn't matter when I'm looking for a daily drive sports car !!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
You know how the car can sometimes feel like two different cars front and rear, disconnected from each other? Thats the stock shocks...
Put it this way, after being on konis, I wouldn't own another fbody without them.
good description !!! thanks for the advice.... but I don't know

Originally Posted by 9911UZ28
How can you hate a F-Body? That is what Mustangs are for.
lol

Originally Posted by DownSouthWS6
ive got a friend with a 350z who was gonna turbo it after the warranty expired til he found out that those engines are extremely unreliable and break often over 400hp. so if youre lookin for more power, id stay away. id say buy a underpowered boring DD. itll make your camaro more fun to drive. worked for me.
I'm not searching for power....spending a lot of money just to race kids and make problems with cops is just not interesting anymore !!!

Originally Posted by dabest09
Dude it's a car. Parts are gonna break it's all part of owning a car. Fix them and enjoy your damn f-body it is beautiful
There is nothing need to be fixed..there are things need to be changed !

Originally Posted by black_phoenix
Dude, take my advice and dont sell.... I sold mine and ******* regretting it... ****, i think i will actually be in a market for another one... Just miss that american muscle power!!!

And dont get those imports... they will also be uncomfortable, and you feel worse for getting into debt for a probably slower car...

The only thing you should UPGRADE to is c6 vette or a g8 gxp or something like that....

I'd love to have a c6...they are expensive to me...but that's a good choice !!
Old 10-17-2009, 02:38 PM
TECH Addict

I complain about my car on 2 accounts.

It drinks gas like there's no tomorrow in city driving (500 mile clutch break in, last 50 miles to go and I'm on my 3rd tank of fuel!!!)

The suspension is rough so I win no points with the females after they get over the "its ******* fast" reaction and want a nice simple ride to wherever we were supposed to be going.

I treat those as petty things because "hp > fuel mileage > female complaints."
Old 10-17-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

i could care less what the interior looks like it goes like hell and is a bad *** looking car thats all that matters. you could make my interior out of bird **** and id still love the car just as much. and if i did get sad about the interior i would pop the hood and have a look at the ls1 and it would make it all better. 350z's are gay by the way IMO its a chick car.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would just pick up something else, but not get rid of it. put it away somewhere like in the backyard.

my car handles a little rough, but i think i've got a good middle ground with it. my bilstein shocks aren't too stiff, but they could use better rebound valving. also, the tires i run follow grooves in the road to a ridiculous extent. on roads that aren't maintained well, i'm almost white knuckling it to keep it from wandering.
my wife hates the way it rides though, but that probably has to do with how fast i drive it around corners or jump off the line.

it does seem like something is always coming to my attention... a squeak, rattle, scratch, something breaking, somethign banging, tires wearing low (but all my tires have short lifespan), etc.
its just maintenence stuff, but you'd think after so many years of producing the fbody, GM would have had all the bugs out. however, i realize most of the issues i've had were from modifications or wear.

my sister's 350z, which is newer, has about every interior piece broken and the engine sounds like ****. i think some people come to expect more from a car they like so mcuh.

so basically all i'm saying is; its not a vette, lower your expectations!
Old 10-17-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OP- Everyone else has already hit on the main points, but I do feel your pain. Having owned mine for 5 years there are plenty of times that I get sick of it being a DD. Sitting it traffic commuting to work isn't exactly the best use of the car. For times like that I wish I had something else. But other times the car is great and I love driving it. All the little annoying **** with it does get to be a bit much, so my advice would be to keep it and pick up a cheap DD.

Quick Reply: Does anyone hated his fbody someday ?