General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Does anyone hated his fbody someday ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Does anyone hated his fbody someday ?

I'm just not feeling it, when I come to the point that the car has a bad handling,rough driving, it's getting old,not a good daily drive car...and some other silly stuff like, man ! my car interior is ugly !!!

or I'm just getting old ,,,lol

I'm thinking to sell my fbody ...and later get a M3 or 350z ..

I have my car for 5 years now...I don't know if this is the reason that makes me think it's time to change ..
Old 10-16-2009, 03:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

all of that sounds like bad maintenance on your part.
the interior of my car looks new, everything works, handles an drives better and gets better mpg than new with twice the power.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NemeSS
the interior of my car looks new, everything works, handles an drives better and gets better mpg than new with twice the power.
my car interior looks good....but I think there are some sports cars got better interior and exterior !!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i love my car. the only time i get pissed at it is when i f'd something up myself, but that just gives me the opportunity to buy better parts and fix it
Old 10-16-2009, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont like the interior either, but I think they handle fine. Definately wouldnt mind having a Jet black M3 tho.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BlueBird346
I dont like the interior either, but I think they handle fine. Definately wouldnt mind having a Jet black M3 tho.

I don't think they do !!!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Launching!

Default f body

Ship it over to me then!!!! Ill GLADLY take it off your hands!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blk96406
Ship it over to me then!!!! Ill GLADLY take it off your hands!!!!

after you transfer some money to my account
Old 10-16-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by the_beast
I don't think they do !!!
you probably need to upgrade your suspension
Old 10-16-2009, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

interior isnt the greatest, but i dont hate it. it could defintly be better, but thats what you get for the cheap price of an fbody. power seats, power windows, power locks, (fake)leather seats...you really cant ask for more (unless you got a camaro and not a t/a.

last week i woke up early to drop my car off to get my tints. that was probably the only time i hated the suspension; half asleep and feeling every bump and vibration, but thats because i got poly motor, trans, and tq arm mounts, .
Old 10-16-2009, 04:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NemeSS

Exactly what I was going to say. My 00 has 70k miles and looks, rides, performs, even smells brand new.

If you are a true Camaro enthusiast you wouldn't be asking this question. Not ripping on you personally, more so on those that just buy the LS1 cars only because they are the fastest affordable sports cars out there. Meaning if the current Mustang was faster a lot of you would be Ford boys.

I buy Camaros because I bleed Chevrolet especially when it comes to Camaros. I didn't buy my latest Camaro because it has 2 cup holders, or a billion air bags, or some shiny trim on the dash surrounding a blinky radio face plate. I bought it because it's the last standing member of the true American Performance car movement which began in 1964 and for all but a few ended in 1972. A Camaro says F*CK YOU! to the world and that you don't need all of that cushy BS in your car. It's low, loud, makes no compromises and in turn is only deserving of a true American performance car enthusiast.

I will never own a different brand's performance car as it doesn't "speak my language." BMW's are nice but boring and in my mind require too much investment financially for what you end up with. The 350Z is a joke that I don't even need to tell.

If you're done with yours sell it as there are a million people in line who can't wait to own their very own piece of American performance car history.
Old 10-16-2009, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

What the hell did you title this thread?
Old 10-16-2009, 05:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i love my car, but i will probably end up selling it for a GTO or a C6 someday. i see your points, but other than some slow window motors (which im replacing very soon) i have zero complaints, except that it isnt fast enough. if you want a good handling & very nice interior'd BMW, make it a GMW, an M3 with a LSx in it . i wouldnt say these cars have graet handling by any standards, but it isnt terrible or anything a few mods cant fix. if you want a car that can do it all, buy a zonda. haha
Old 10-16-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

I never really hated my T/A but sometimes I do get tired of it now and then the ride is a little rough but I dont drive it every day and I didn't want to sell it because it's paid for so I went out and bought my Jag the interior is so nice it rides and handles nice so when I feel like driving something refined and quite I drive my Jag when I feel like driving a sports car I drive the T/A I though about getting rid of it for a vett but I dont want the payment right now and these days I don't feel the same way about cars like I use to so I would probably get tired of it to don't get me wrong I love cars and both of mine but they are just not as important to me as they use to be other things come first.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha and you think at 350z is going to be better? Have you ever driven one or even been in one?
Old 10-16-2009, 06:35 PM
Launching!

This eventually happens to all daily drivers with time.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Mods in sig will make these cars handle but I admit you sacrifice ride. A Fays2 wattslink would make it even better....
Old 10-16-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I've hated it before when it just wouldn't stop breaking. Most of that was due to very poor maintenance and abuse before I got it, but still.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by the_beast
I'm just not feeling it, when I come to the point that the car has a bad handling,rough driving, it's getting old,not a good daily drive car...and some other silly stuff like, man ! my car interior is ugly !!!

or I'm just getting old ,,,lol

I'm thinking to sell my fbody ...and later get a M3 or 350z ..

I have my car for 5 years now...I don't know if this is the reason that makes me think it's time to change ..
Do yourself a huge favor and invest in some koni single adjustable's ( http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...ID=20&ModelID= ) you will thank me later.
These will fix all the ride and handling problems that bother you. I hated the way my car handled and rode with the stock shocks, but after the konis it was comparable to a newer 3 series, no joke.
Im sure your thinking "how much of a difference can shocks really make?"
Well, lets see...
You know the typical choppy, jarring, and loose ride quality? Thats the stock shocks.
You know the sloppy body movements at speed, twitchy nervous handling and floaty-ness? Or how the rear like to snap out at the limit?
thats the stock shocks...
You know how the car can sometimes feel like two different cars front and rear, disconnected from each other? Thats the stock shocks...
Put it this way, after being on konis, I wouldn't own another fbody without them.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 509 Likes on 367 Posts

5 years is a long time to own and I'm surprised you are not 'addicted' to it. I think if you sold it you would miss it bad within a few months, unless you have let it go maintenance-wise like a few have posted. I am on my 14th year of F-body ownership and I don't plan on selling anytime in the immediate future. Also, comparing an M3 to an F-body isn't quite fair. That M3 was about $60,000 new (unless you are going WAY back in time), double the average F-body when new. As stated a 350z is a totally different animal. Probably fun to drive as a DD if you keep your car too, but certainly not to replace it.

Quick Reply: Does anyone hated his fbody someday ?