General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Driving an M6...Is it Really That Hard?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no its not i learned in a day and was driving and steep hills the next day. stopping on a hill is the hardest part
Old 01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^^ stopping and starting on hills can be tricky at first. i pull the ebrake and when i take off i slowly release it while releasing the clutch, perfect smooth starts everytime.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

^he lives in fl he shouldnt really have a problem with that

compared to the camaros i think the vette has a little diff feel driving it stick.

but as long as you have someone with some exp. trying to explain it, it is simple i taught my girl friend in a few hours, didnt even stall it
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
TECH Addict

I think it all depends on the person. I just looked up some tips online, then took my 04 Cobra out for my first spin, did a few stalls, after 2 hours or so I got the hang of it. It was actually the same week of the woodward dream cruise. I took my Mustang Cobra out to Woodward the first day I learned how to drive a stick, it was really cool. I think it's better to learn yourself too because you don't have to worry about anyone making fun of you or make any rude comments.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:54 PM
MJK
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SLP LS1
I think it all depends on the person. I just looked up some tips online, then took my 04 Cobra out for my first spin, did a few stalls, after 2 hours or so I got the hang of it. It was actually the same week of the woodward dream cruise. I took my Mustang Cobra out to Woodward the first day I learned how to drive a stick, it was really cool. I think it's better to learn yourself too because you don't have to worry about anyone making fun of you or make any rude comments.
Funny... my first manual was a Cobra as well. I bought a 99' Cobra in Houston and had to drive it in rush hour out of Houston.Man did I ever get practice on start,stop,start,stop,start,stop....hahaha

Don't sweat it man...once you learn you will ALMOST never want to go automatic again.