General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Your fbody priceless to you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not for the pathetic market value.

Let me put it this way, my TA is 10 years old & has 93k on it now. I have a lot of hours in it and I still like it & the compliments it gets. But I'd sell it if someone offered me 13k. However, to me, it's not worth giving up for a few K.

*edit*
it would be nice to hand it down to my son someday. We'll see I guess.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sold my 99 Z back in 2005, miss it to this day. if you want my 94, you're gonna have to pry it from my cold dead hands.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

During my two week pass during the holiday break, I opened the garage door and I saw my black WS6 staring back at me. It put a huge smile ear to ear on my face, the day was nice and I knew once I came back to work I wouldnt be able to drive it until february. So I cranked her up and I could feel the windows shaking in the house and the smell of the gasoline in the air. The shifter was shaking my arms, I waited till it warmed up and took it on a drive. It seemed like every problem I have going on in my life was gone, the loud exhaust broke the silence and birds flew away from tree's. Got onto I65 and ripped it on the on ramp chirping into 3rd gear, drove around the local strip. Obilerated a turboed mustang, honda civic SI, in the process.

Everywhere I turned people would look at it and stare, kids walking with their parents yell "MOMMY LOOK AT THAT CAR" attempting to stop and stare at the car. People who drive gay hybrids look at you with disgust. I dont need therapy or happy pills, just my WS6.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:14 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by green28
Don't plan on selling it. I'd have to find the right buyer that would pay $13k+ to get me to let it go and thats just not going to happen in todays car market. Moving up to a Vette isn't really an option for me since I need a place for a car seat right now, and for the next couple of years.
Just wanted to say that you, sir, have one of the best looking Camaros on this site. At least once a week I wish one of mine was BGM. What an awesome color!

Originally Posted by Juicy J
To me, a 4th gen is a cookie cutter car. When I go to car meets, I see 20-30 of them. They just are not anything special.
I used to feel this way too, even though I've owned these cars since they first came out. But, living in the climate that I do, I knew that it would only be a matter of 10 years or so before most of them looked pretty rough. Then the nice ones would start to look special. And this is exactly what has happened. I go to car meets around here, where I used to see 40 of these cars 8 years ago that all looked the same, now I see about 1/4 of that, and only half of those are really nice.

In the mean time, my '98 car continues to sit, waiting to become an antique, while I cruise the Nova to most of the car meets (which gets FAR more attention).

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
People who drive gay hybrids look at you with disgust.
I love this part.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I used to feel this way too, even though I've owned these cars since they first came out. But, living in the climate that I do, I knew that it would only be a matter of 10 years or so before most of them looked pretty rough. Then the nice ones would start to look special. And this is exactly what has happened. I go to car meets around here, where I used to see 40 of these cars 8 years ago that all looked the same, now I see about 1/4 of that, and only half of those are really nice.
That's alot different then what I see down here in Houston. On a day to day basis, I see some that are pretty beat up. Its rare to see a clean one cruising around.

But, car meets are a different thing. We have a HUGE car scene here in Houston. When I go to car meets, there are always 20-40 of them. Half of them put my car to shame.

If I lived up north, I might feel the same way you do.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:37 PM
Launching!

I have owned my Z28 for almost 3 years now and I find it to be priceless to me. I have had so many fun experiences with my car. There is something to be said about the way a 4th gen F-body manages to turn heads. I love driving around town with the t-tops off and just enjoying the simplicity of hearing a roaring V-8 under the hood. I have been stationed in Korea for 2 years now and have driven my car for 15 days when I was home on leave. I can honestly say that after being separated from her for over 2 years I have gained an even larger appreciation for it's style and speed. Some people I talk with can't understand why my car is so important to me but then again none of them have owned a F-body in their life, so therein lies the reason. My father helped me rebuild my engine when I was home on leave and he told me that everytime he sees my car it reminds him of one of the greatest experiences he has had, which was turning wrenches with his son on his muscle car. For someone like my father to say that makes me finally understand that this car is much more than just a vehicle, it is a tangible object that represents some of my most treasured memories. So for me this car will always remain special and priceless. Plus it's Sunset Orange Metallic, so it's just awesome to look at!
Old 01-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Launching!

I had to wait almost 8 years to afford my ws6 can't even think about selling
Old 01-13-2010, 01:59 PM
Teching In

My WS6 is priceless to me. I went through hell and back to save up for one. It took 16 months of Mosul and Baghdad to finally afford it. Plus, it took another 6 months of searching. Even with me buying a C6 Z06 this weekend, I won't give her up. Last week, someone even offered me to name any price and I turned him down.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe any thing is for sale, if somebody named the right price for my ws6 it would be gone in a heart beat, I can understand that many of the cars you own may have sedimental value, but what fun is it going through life with only owning one b.a. car. just my .02
Old 01-13-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Regular

^^^ first WS6 owner to say that
Old 01-13-2010, 03:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Just wanted to say that you, sir, have one of the best looking Camaros on this site. At least once a week I wish one of mine was BGM. What an awesome color!
Thanks, that means a lot since I know how clean your cars are and the amount of detail that goes into keeping them looking good.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by USArmyZ28
^^^ first WS6 owner to say that
A ws6 in my eyes are not a rare car in my eyes, they are beatiful cars, but not rare. I have a 74 bird ho white with blue interior, thats a car I would never sell.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

i love my car but i would sell the **** out of it if the price was right...... z06, here i come
Old 01-13-2010, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slayerized6
if i didnt lose to much $ on the deal, id trade my 98 T/A for a cheaper, cleaner, lower mileage 01-02 ws6 or even a CETA. Id take any color or trans type, it just NEEDS to have t-tops; you cant find that on any other modern car

I thought pretty much all LS1 TA's had T-tops?? lol
Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a Firehawk a couple of years ago and got rid of it to buy the SS. I love the heritage of the CAMARO. Its been sitting a year waiting on mods and not once have I ever thought about getting rid of it.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

most newer owners say they will sell if to have another bad *** car.... when u get older and have had 30 or so bad *** cars u get tired of lossing a bunch of money to start out on fresh new car. im done blowning money on bunch car and goin to stay with 1 car to blow money on and pamper and know what i have 10 years down the road.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Teching In

Maybe its just because its my first car, but theres no way in hell ill ever sell my camaro. I think its more of a personal thing with me, when i have something i really like i tend to hold on to it no matter what. Dont get me wrong i plan to buy a viper someday, but i wont sacrifice my camaro to do it.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

^ that is why i am keeping my ss. i saw my first 2009 v today on base and i def will own one of them years down the road when they come down. btw, the model was an sts??? i thought there were only cts-v's? i am positive it said sts. also, when i buy my first house i am getting either a 69 gtx,69 charger, (either a 73,77,or 80)trans am for the garage. depending on the deal if i an come across one, a 1967 eleanor would take the cake for me
Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I love my CETA and as far back as I can remember, I have wanted a Special Edition Trans Am. So when I had the chance to get the LAST official Special Edition...I jumped on it.
The CETA changed my life and improved it in so many ways. I've met so many good people and done so many awesome things because I have that car. Heck, my FRC's are the set that pretty much started the custom fuel rail cover craze back in 2002! I'm so proud of my car and I can think on only ONE vehicle that I would contemplate trading #619 for:

Lamborghini Reventon

But...that will NEVER happen so...

Long Live the Trans Am!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Man..my T/A has so many memories in it, both good and bad. Still wouldnt get rid of her no matter what, it's my "other" baby.