LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Highly Recommend Strano, Tick Performance and PCM for Less

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highly Recommend Strano, Tick Performance and PCM for Less

About four years ago I purchased my car, 02 vert ss with less than 30k miles. After driving the car in stock trim for about a year, I worked with another former vendor to install a procharger, clutch, full exhaust (kooks 1 7/8, high flow cat and Magnaflow cat back) upgraded fuel system and other components. The install took a bit longer than expected and there were a few bugs to trouble shoot, but the car was running and I was having fun with the new found power. After a few weeks of driving the car, I realized the new power masked bigger problems: the car handling was very sloppy, drivability was almost non-existent and I was not happy with the end product. I almost sold the car as I received a new project car and was ready to throw in the towel. After doing a bit more research and better understanding what I wanted the car to do (i.e. go very fast straight and through turns), I mapped out new plans and began consulting with the new team.

First I synced with Sam and shared my vision with him. I was hell bent on buying coilovers because I thought they are the best. Sam was great to work with and told me he could sell me expensive coilovers or something that works just as well that was not as expensive, which was great as he could have made a pretty penny on me. Long story short, I purchased a set of Koni 4/4’s for the rears and adjustables for the front. Sam did far more than sell me a product, he shared his experience, listened to my goals and took the time to find a product that was the best fit. In this digital age where your always talking to some voice response machine, it is great to know he is willing to take the time to talk to a customer, find out what they want and share his knowledge.

Next I spoke with the team at Tick Performance. Based on dozens of strong recommendations, solid race results and great products they developed, I felt comfortable with Tick taking the lead in turning the wrenches since my job was consuming all most all of my free time. Tick did a great job installing the front Koni’s, Ron Davis Radiator, Baer T4 big brake kit, and Magnaflow Resonator and Tick adjustable master. Joey and Jonathan were very professional great to work with, excellent consultants and provided top notch install quality at an affordable price. In short, I was blown away with their work.

Last but not least was PCM for Less. The time Alvin took to explain the tune, understand my goals for the car, answer questions, execute the tune and fix problems like my defective blow-off valve was greatly appreciated. The end product was top notch and the car is making far more power than it ever did and the drivability is awesome (Alvin or Kim feel free to post the final dyno sheet if you wish). I cannot stress enough the great value of the PCM for Less and the great quality of the tune; excellent power, great drivability. Joey was right, the tune by Alvin was heads and shoulders above the last tuner and the car drives like a champ. The three hour round trip I made to Tick and PCM for Less was well worth it and I will do it again...

What was sloppy is now sharp, what was not drivable is now a blast to drive. The car can easily deal with the load of driving roughly 100 miles a day, smoke the tires in the first four gears, and handle turns at a high rate of speed better than most new sports cars. I will do business with this team again and if you are looking to upgrade your car but are not sure where to start I STRONGLY recommend giving them a call.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when i had my T56 rebuilt..i did a lot of looking and everybody here said to talk to joey at Tick performance and i did..kick *** customer service..great price..shipping was phenominal...i dont honestly think i would deal with anybody else...and if i get a 6.0L 3rd gen with a T56 i Know EXACTLY whos doing the build..
Old 02-18-2010, 05:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys! Your kind words and your business are very much appreciated by Jonathan, myself and all of us here at the shop.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks OP you have just made my choice for choosing the company I'm going with for replacing the hydraulics in my car when i rebuild the transmission in a month or two! Let's see some pics of that SS!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Will post up the pics soon - car is nasty right now with all of the winter dirt and crud...

The Tick master rocks; before i installed it it i had ton of pedal travel and it was sloppy and squeaked with every press of the clutch. Now it is tight and firm, almost as firm as a porsche clutch, and the pedal travel is way shorter. It is a great product. I am banging gears left and right - feel of the car is much better.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Launching!

I've bought a few parts from Joey and he is always great to deal with, super nice guy. I think its time for me to send Strano some of my hard earned money now.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Tick and Sam are two of the best to deal with that I know of.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Good read. I agree, sam knows his stuff. He also gave me great advice regarding shocks for my setup. They're next on my to-do list.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you, that means a lot to us! Let us know if you have any problems or questions down the road. Thanks again!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Alvin@Tick
Thank you, that means a lot to us! Let us know if you have any problems or questions down the road. Thanks again!
A picture says it all - here is a good one to reference:
Attached Thumbnails Highly Recommend Strano, Tick Performance and PCM for Less-scn_0002.png  

Quick Reply: Highly Recommend Strano, Tick Performance and PCM for Less