General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

So who drives their Fcar like the Geneal Lee?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 12:45 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drive the **** out of my 95. It's been bonked into all sorts of things, but on the other end I do take relatively good care of it. Anything that is broken gets fixed and I'm **** about squeeks so those get fixed right away. I did almost run over a ladder sitting in the middle of the highway on Thursday though. That would have sucked. My 95 is my DD and mainly parts hauler. I've moved at least 10 different engines, two transmission, a 98+ Trans Am Hood, and a 9 inch housing in it.

On the complete opposite end of the spectrum I used to have a 95 Grand Am that I hated the **** out of. I never wanted it and my dad took money out of my bank account to buy it that I had been saving for years to buy an Fbody. The AC didn't work and the windows didn't roll down. Talk about a death trap in Florida. I dogged the **** out of that car. Drifting in the back dirt lot of my high school, launching it airborne, constant burnouts, etc... Once I had my 95 I left it in Publix parking lot with a for sale sign in it. When ever my friends and I got bored we'd all drive over there and do donuts in it in the Publix parking lot. I ended up flat spotting both of my rear tires right before I sold it which cost me, but it was worth it. This was one night of donuts:

That's ******* awesome!
Old 07-17-2010, 02:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I beta on my Camaro from time to time but take care of it, mainly holeshoots and lighten em up in first and second gear is fun.

About 4 years ago I was helping a friend of a friend move, and when we got done he said he had a car out back that he need to get rid of, I asked if it ran and how much and he said $50.
I handed him the cash and went to see my new investment. Low and behold it was a 1985 Chevette, John Deere Green with Yellow racing stripes, deer antlers in the grill, and it was even a 4 spd!
My buddy gave me a shove and I poped the cluch and she fired right up! I tell ya I had more fun with that Chevette then I have ever had with the Camaro lol. We jumped a bridge like 5 times in a row one night with her.
If you power shifted form 1 to 2 you could bark the rear tires it was AWSOME!

I actually drove that car for a whole summer and just beat the living crap out of it, my girlfriend at the time hated it! I had two really nice Camaros at that time but actually had more fun in that stupid Chevette. Until one night when a kid seen how much fun I had with the car and offered me $100 for her and I let him have it.
Now I am sure most people would not be caught dead in a Chevette, I sure know I wouldn't but when you pay $50 your instaintly thinking "Hey this isn't so bad" lol and then you can drive it like you stole it and you simpily don't care! So much more fun and liberating it really is.

Every guy should buy a $50 car at least once and test your Luke Duke driving skills, its so much fun.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KurtRardin

On a smokey and the bandit note, who has a CB in their car?
...... "oooohhhh Candycane, I got that pink champagne you wanted".... (NO in the CB!! lol)
Old 07-17-2010, 03:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow..

I pray some of you never see my car less you beat me senseless and revoke my keys. I try to baby it, but when nearly every road is gravel, rock, dusty, dirty, grainy, and fairly poor conditions you except that your garage queen was born a tomboy with a fishing poll and a wicked right hook.

Yeehaw
Old 07-17-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KurtRardin
Yeah if you guys have any videos of fbody abuse then post that stuff.
I did! Although a video with crappy sound.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I kind of placed my self in the situation where I just cant justify beating the hell out of my car. I bought it with 16K miles, bone breaking stock down to the original tires. I never drive it in the rain, I dont drive it to work or to go shopping, etc.

If it's a nice saturday night, I'll take it out to the local hang out than back in the garage under a car cover. I can safely say that I spend more time cleaning the damn thing than actually enjoying, or driving it period.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker
I kind of placed my self in the situation where I just cant justify beating the hell out of my car. I bought it with 16K miles, bone breaking stock down to the original tires. I never drive it in the rain, I dont drive it to work or to go shopping, etc.

If it's a nice saturday night, I'll take it out to the local hang out than back in the garage under a car cover. I can safely say that I spend more time cleaning the damn thing than actually enjoying, or driving it period.
Striker is my OCD brother.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
LOL Likewise my friend!
Old 07-23-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

9/10 of the time, I drive like an old lady. Every now and again, I like to drive it like it's stolen. I dont jump it or anything though, 3 true duals and prokit springs mean that I dont have huge ground clearance... and of course, I race on the weekends and such. Besides that, it idles around as much as possible
Old 07-24-2010, 12:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
lol yeah im the same way.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually my car is just a nice cruiser, but I love racing, so on days like yesterday with a "closed road" and a few nice run-ins on open highways, I give my car hell. I could never go offroading, hitting speed bumps at more than 1/2 mph, jumping ****, hitting railroad tracks fast, and all that crazy stuff. My car may slide around a corner or to and go WOT alot, but it stays pretty and sits in 6th 90% of the time, so I think it all even outs.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Mine is quite babied. Only nice weather and nice roads since its not my DD! Just some quick acceleration every now and then.

I've spent more time detailing than driving...which is somewhat due to just getting the car.

Quick Reply: So who drives their Fcar like the Geneal Lee?