General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Cheapest Pacesetter ORY

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cheapest Pacesetter ORY

Which one of the tech sponsors has the cheapest Pacesetter ORY available to ship immediately? I need one ASAP and need it to my home in NC in the next week. I found it for $129.99 @ Speedtweekerz but called several times today and couldn't get anyone on the phone. Anyone else have it priced close to that? Thanks-
Josh
Old 08-04-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TSP is the same price. You should check em out.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

I went on TSP's site and couldn't find it, (I'm an idiot, lol). With Speed Inc.'s online promotion it's $137.74 shipped.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Here is a link to the TSP ORY...

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=190&catid=45

The picture hasn't been updated since they redesigned it, but this is the one you want rather than the Pacesetter. Better merge, less rasp, and way better flow than the Pacesetter ORY.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:38 AM
On The Tree

Sometimes the tsp doesn't have good fitment, speedtweakers will stand behind their stuff if you have issues, give it a chance. I paid $160 for mine from jegs or summit so 130 is pretty good.

Do try to get them on the phone to make sure its in stock, was sent hooker headers when I ordered pacesetter but from what all ive found out the hooker headers are better.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

I have one I will sell you!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mumbles
Here is a link to the TSP ORY...

http://www.texas-speed.com/shop/item...d=190&catid=45

The picture hasn't been updated since they redesigned it, but this is the one you want rather than the Pacesetter. Better merge, less rasp, and way better flow than the Pacesetter ORY.
Thanks for the link, but that TSP is GARBAGE. I'm taking my 2-month-old TSP off and putting a pacesetter on. I agree that the merge looks good but that's it. My buddy bought it from me and he's gonna hack it up to use the merge and trash the rest. Pacesetter FTW.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rob69zombie
Thanks for the link, but that TSP is GARBAGE. I'm taking my 2-month-old TSP off and putting a pacesetter on. I agree that the merge looks good but that's it. My buddy bought it from me and he's gonna hack it up to use the merge and trash the rest. Pacesetter FTW.
So you sold me garbage? lol I'll make it work...
Old 08-05-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1CALIBOY
So you sold me garbage? lol I'll make it work...
Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Another thing to consider is most of the sponsors on here that I have done business with will price match. So it might not hurt to call around.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

lmao Art! I don't like it. Jamie said you were going to cut it up to make it tuck up like Pete's.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

Haha Yea I will work...I'm gonna see how much Pete cut off and match it. Mine was a pacesetter and somhow it was the same size as my I-Pipe for my LM1.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:36 AM
12 Second Club

I can say the TSP slip-fit over everything nicely, but without cutting it it's going to hang low and I didn't want to cut a brand-new y-pipe.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

why do you say TSP is garbage. just curious??? I've two exhaust systems from them and both times everything fit perfect and tucks under car very well. Me and a buddy installed them on our backs in my garage.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:01 PM
12 Second Club

My TSP ORY will NOT tuck up within 4 inches of the floor. As it is, it's so long that my I-pipe on my GMMG is 3 inches lower than it should be near my rearend just before it goes over the axle. I called the shop I ordered it through (I ordered several things and ordered through them instead of 4 different web sites) and told them and they laughed and told me it was like that on 90% of the TSP y's they install also. Pacesetter on the other hand, has a small flat indention that allows SO much more clearance. I ordered mine last night through Speed Inc. Thanks for the comments guys.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you had so much trouble with the TSP ORY why not send it back? Or at least call Texas Speed and let them know the trouble you're experiencing? I'm sure they'd have made it right.

For the record, I've seen and heard the difference in the two Y-pipes in question.

We replaced the Pacesetter ORY on my brother's 02 SS with one from Texas Speed. It went together just fine on his car. The TSP ORY may have hung just a bit lower than the Pacesetter, but the difference was minimal. The difference in sound was tremendous, though. The TSP nearly eliminated every bit of rasp the the Pacesetter produced through the SLP Dual/Dual Catback.

And you'll soon get to see the difference in the merges on the ORYs. The Pacesetter is terrible. It cuts the flow area down to like 2 inches.

Again this is just my opinion. And "Opinions are like..." well you know.

Good luck with your upcoming install.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:44 PM
12 Second Club

I agree that the TSP merge is excellent. I didn't contact TSP because my buddy wanted it for the merge and I felt like I installed it so it was mine. I couldn't take it off and mail it back as the SS is my DD. I originally wanted a Pacesetter ory when I ordered my TSP 1 7/8" LT's but a guy from the shop I ordered everything through said that I needed the TSP ORY for the TSP LT's so that's what I got. I opened the box with the headers in it and mine were part of the batch that was messed up during production and I couldn't get replacement 1 7/8's for 4 more weeks due to them being on backorder so I just had them exchange the TSP's for a set of Pacesetters. I should have exchanged the Y-pipe before installation but the merge looked so good that I wanted to try it. After hours of adjusting, I still can't drive over a soda can laying on it's side without scraping it and I'm stock ride-height. Thanks for the insight though Mumbles. I appreciate the comments guys.