General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Who stores their car outside , so shed or garage or canopy ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 64 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Who stores their car outside , so shed or garage or canopy ??

Who stores thier car outside where it snows and gets snow on it and how do you store it. Do you put sheets on the car and then a car cover and then tie the cover down to the car ?? Just looking for option for someone . My two are in storage .
Old 12-09-2010, 07:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I store mine outside. I have a paved area in my backyard that I part it on top of. I have a outdoor winter cover that I bought, and I just put it on.

I'd obviously rather have it indoors, but its not an option for me. Its a car.. And being outside covered up wont hurt it any.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:22 AM
TECH Junkie

You don't tie the cover so it won't blow around. And is the outdoor car waterproof?
Old 12-09-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Addict

My car was always stored in a garage. This year I have to park it outside. I ordered one of these. More expensive than the others but it works.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...-sale-jwm.html
Old 12-09-2010, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ramairetransam
You don't tie the cover so it won't blow around. And is the outdoor car waterproof?
It has 2 holes right in the middle of each side, so I took a piece of string and tied them together under the car. Once the snow gets on it though, it aint moving. Outdoor ones arent really "waterproof". They allow it to breathe, and they have little vent like things in them, since you dont want to hold moisture in either. In the spring, you'll notice its prob. gonna be a little dirty even if you put it away clean.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

what about a nice car cover and then some tarps over it all tied down so they dont flap ?
Old 12-09-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've stored mine outside using an SLP cover, they last about 5 yrs. I just bought my 3rd one. It does get a little dirty but not bad and it does keep the UV rays off it. I wouldn't put a tarp over it, not even over a cover.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FST SS
I've stored mine outside using an SLP cover, they last about 5 yrs. I just bought my 3rd one. It does get a little dirty but not bad and it does keep the UV rays off it. I wouldn't put a tarp over it, not even over a cover.
what cover did you buy? i bought one from them but its not heavy duty at all. even the salesmen at SLP told me its just to keep off dust and not intended for bad weather.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
what cover did you buy? i bought one from them but its not heavy duty at all. even the salesmen at SLP told me its just to keep off dust and not intended for bad weather.
Winter covers are totally different. You sure you didnt buy an indoor cover for it?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro_94
Winter covers are totally different. You sure you didnt buy an indoor cover for it?
i bought whatever they had. it has an SS logo and definitely for indoor use. this was yrs ago but i went to SLP to buy a cover and was told by a sale rep they didnt have a cover for bad weather. maybe they do now.

this is the one i have except i remember an SS logo on mine. its been awhile since ive used it.

http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...60&BIG=08960-1
Old 12-09-2010, 08:00 PM
12 Second Club

Unfortunatley, my car has been sitting outside in the same spot for the past 2 days because of the blizzard I got hit with. I'll have to dig my car out of the path from the snowplow tommorrow.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

this will be the first winter i have w/my car. I park it under a nice big carport every night, i'm gonna try and get a nice cover for it though.
Old 12-10-2010, 06:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
that's the one I have, it is very light but it works great. It keeps the UVrays off the paint and interior. It is breathable so it is not really waterproof but it works great outdoors. I have a bungee cord hooked to the front and back and it comes with a cable and lock that goes under the car and hooks at the sides under the doors but I just use a bungee cord there too. It cost about $180 shipped.