General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My Mod List 2002 WS6 Black on Black

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 09:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lol

Originally Posted by 1BadBlkB1tch
o **** man counter steer booom dearly beloved

ok im done
Hahaa
Old 07-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bww3588
Stock ls1 power is entirely too much for a first car dd...or a first car period.
LOL, ok fine ill buy a prius
Old 07-29-2012, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

fits you much better, good decision. lol
Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Teching In

lol thanks for agreeing
Old 07-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lsmaxxed
Hahaa
i was talking about the f-body :-) lol jk
Old 07-29-2012, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bartman119
yeah... ss isnt worth as much as ws6 sorry
lol, well lets look at their prices... go find one that has the same mileage as a ta going for more.
lol, well lets look at their prices... go find one that has the same mileage as a ta going for more.
Hey OP

Nah man but in all seriousness. You can find nice fbodys for from the 6-8k range. Why would you want to spend every last dollar you have on a car, where your just going to watch it get beat up from daily use (no matter how much you take care of a car if you DD it it's going to get beat up), have no money in case something goes wrong with it, and exhaust your fun money. OH I KNOW I KNOW its mommy and daddys money.

Oh well whatever you do, more power to you and be safe, you might want to check your attitude a little bit, one day you might need our help and everyone is going to think your an idoit know it all teenager... if they don't all ready I'm kidding.

Originally Posted by bww3588
Stock ls1 power is entirely too much for a first car dd...or a first car period.
I agree, I nearly killed myself in my slow integra that i thought would straight up OWN anything on the road, I can only imagine if I would of had my LS1 then. I feel confident I would have really hurt myself. I was rather... childish back then and looking back I did some really dangerous stuff.

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I have a very low mileage LS1 car that sits a lot.....14 years old, only 16k miles. It has no problems, I take it out every few weeks during the on-season, to car shows. The car drives great, just like when it was new. But I'm very serious about proper care for a seldom driven car....many people who leave them sit are not.

I would definitely rather have a 10k mile ~10 year old car than a 100k mile ~10 year old car, assuming the 10k mile car was properly cared for during it's life (fluid maintenance, occasionally driven during nice weather, fuel kept properly treated with Stabil, etc).

I would be somewhat wary of a super low mileage car that hasn't been driven for many years though.

A low mileage car can have issues due to neglect; a high(er) mileage car can have issues due to parts simply wearing out. There is no guaranty either way, but what's nice about the significantly lower mileage cars is that their phsyical condition is usually much better.
RPM what do you think about when your buying a car with the sole intention of modding the crap out of it? I bought my car with a little under 100k because I knew I would be swapping out almost all of the parts.

If I would have been looking for a NICE car that would maybe see bolts on and a tune or something of that nature I would have looked for a leather/low mileage one.

What do you think? You have two fbodys I assume you did the same thing?
Old 07-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by My6speedZ
Hey OP

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/suic...a7baf3-676.gif

Nah man but in all seriousness. You can find nice fbodys for from the 6-8k range. Why would you want to spend every last dollar you have on a car, where your just going to watch it get beat up from daily use (no matter how much you take care of a car if you DD it it's going to get beat up), have no money in case something goes wrong with it, and exhaust your fun money. OH I KNOW I KNOW its mommy and daddys money.

Oh well whatever you do, more power to you and be safe, you might want to check your attitude a little bit, one day you might need our help and everyone is going to think your an idoit know it all teenager... if they don't all ready I'm kidding.

I agree, I nearly killed myself in my slow integra that i thought would straight up OWN anything on the road, I can only imagine if I would of had my LS1 then. I feel confident I would have really hurt myself. I was rather... childish back then and looking back I did some really dangerous stuff.

RPM what do you think about when your buying a car with the sole intention of modding the crap out of it? I bought my car with a little under 100k because I knew I would be swapping out almost all of the parts.

If I would have been looking for a NICE car that would maybe see bolts on and a tune or something of that nature I would have looked for a leather/low mileage one.

im totally agree with this guy ^^^

i so have watched that pic about 20 times in a row
Old 07-30-2012, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol thanks for agreeing
not agreeing with you, im just saying it can be done. you dont seem to know very much about cars, so why would you know anything about driving them... maybe you should get a mustang. i heard those 2 valves are SWEETTTTTT. They sound like exactly what you are looking for, you can add "rims", a stereo and and maybe a few stickers for extra hp. lol
Old 07-30-2012, 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01BlueSS1995
not agreeing with you, im just saying it can be done. you dont seem to know very much about cars, so why would you know anything about driving them...
Sig worthy

Oh hey BlueSS nice color
Old 07-30-2012, 12:46 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

The only advantage to a super low mileage one for this purpose is that they will be in better cosmetic condition inside and out. But other than that, I agree that there is no point in paying a premium for low mileage parts if you plan to replace all of them anyway. And if the car is going to be a daily driver, then there is little point in paying a premium for a show car when it's just going to get beat up with weather and such.

This was exactly my reasoning for having two of them. One is a show quality car that is just a weekend toy, the other is a spring/summer/fall daily driver (it used to be a winter driver too).

If you want a really nice condition one that isn't going to be a daily driver, but still intened to upgrade most of the drivetrain, then an intermediate mileage example would probably be the best of both worlds; nicer condition than a super high mileage car, but not carry the price preimum of a super low mileage garage queen.

And stock F-body leather is junk IMO. I've had two with cloth and two with leather.......I would MUCH rather have the cloth. Not to mention how hot that leather gets with the t-tops off - no thanks!

Last edited by RPM WS6; 07-30-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My6speedZ ... you nailed it.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

RPM-Not sure I agree with the comment about our leather being junk. Mine is near mint for a nearly 12 year old car. Also the seats are comfy as heck in the T/A imo (not sure about the Camaro's seats for the long haul though).

OP-Like RPM mentioned, buy an intermediate mileage car that has been well cared for mechanically and cosmetically. Of course, this should be important to check out no matter what year/mileage car you buy. I do know what you mean about T/As seeming to fetch a few dollars more on average, in some areas. It's like that where I am as well, but the price difference in all reality is negligible and mostly because people think the WS-6 is a whole different animal .

Buy one you really like, taking into account the transmission you want (sometimes dependant on what type of driving it will be seeing and personal preference). Don't spend too much just to get what you consider to be a "mint" car. Start off with basic mods like a lid (anyone will do), catback (if the owner doesn't already have one) and then of course your tint of choice and maybe rims (not a priority imo right away though-up to you). Also, check and make sure the cd player works etc, if not I'd opt for a decent used one that works or an aftermarket deck w/ appropriate adaptor. Hold off on the sound system until you have the car awhile imo, because you may change your mind. These systems don't sound all that bad stock and will get you by.

I wouldn't recommend driving it all winter, but that's up to you as well. They are not great for winter and they are able to get sideways even in just rain-just something to keep in mind. Good luck with your purchase though, and check in here each and everytime for advice before you do a mod and drop money. These guys will save you a ton of money and it pays to get opinions and advice. If you don't like what you hear you don't have to take the advice, but always get a few opinions and think about how many of us have been where you are and have wasted money. We may know a thing or two about a thing or two .
Old 07-30-2012, 03:08 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by oddwraith
RPM-Not sure I agree with the comment about our leather being junk. Mine is near mint for a nearly 12 year old car. Also the seats are comfy as heck in the T/A imo (not sure about the Camaro's seats for the long haul though).
I always favor the cloth seats now.

I bought a brand new Trans Am in 2000, which obviously came stock with leather. This was a garage kept car, and I used leather conditioner consistantly on the seats from day one. Even still, within 4 years the top of the rear seats was beginning to shrink on the leather portions, but not on the vinyl center section. This is a common issue for the Pontiac leather, not so much with the Camaros though. However, the Camaro leather has more of an issue with cracking as it ages. The cloth seat cars that I have now still look like new though, even after 100k+ miles on the '02 and all these years.

And I've never understood what it is about the T/A seats that people seem to think is so much more comfortable than the Camaro seats? I've had both, and I really can't say that either one stood out as being better or worse in the comfort department - and that's even with the lumbar option on the TA (I never found this to be useful). I feel just as comfortable sitting in either seat.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I always favor the cloth seats now.

I bought a brand new Trans Am in 2000, which obviously came stock with leather. This was a garage kept car, and I used leather conditioner consistantly on the seats from day one. Even still, within 4 years the top of the rear seats was beginning to shrink on the leather portions, but not on the vinyl center section. This is a common issue for the Pontiac leather, not so much with the Camaros though. However, the Camaro leather has more of an issue with cracking as it ages. The cloth seat cars that I have now still look like new though, even after 100k+ miles on the '02 and all these years.

And I've never understood what it is about the T/A seats that people seem to think is so much more comfortable than the Camaro seats? I've had both, and I really can't say that either one stood out as being better or worse in the comfort department - and that's even with the lumbar option on the TA (I never found this to be useful). I feel just as comfortable sitting in either seat.
Side-bolsters on the T/A are better perhaps? Maybe your *** is flat lol? Not sure why but I find them easier on the *** for longer trips. Also, the lumbar isn't bad if travelling a distance, but typically I never use it either. What I do miss though is the old syle head rest in my old T/A. It actually pulled forward, meeting the back of your head properly.

I never noticed shrinking leather however, what type of conditioner you use? Mine's parked in the sun most of the summer and still looks like new. I do like the cloth though for the hot/cold days though, agreed . My '95 had cloth, but I never really liked how it looked all that much, maybe the color didn't do it justice? I really do find the T/A seats more comfortable and obviously I'm not the only one . Maybe the Camaro's flatten out quicker as a result of different padding? Not real sure, but all the ones I've sat in just felt more like a bench seat than a bucket to me. That's why I suggested that the side bolsters may be different. Either way, I'm sure they're comparable enough, and it's like speaker sound, strictly subjective based on what sounds good to "your" ear. Except this is ***-specific lol. These are pony cars anyways, not Caddys .
Old 07-30-2012, 09:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sig worthy

Oh hey BlueSS nice color
thank you to both!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:09 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Side-bolsters on the T/A are better perhaps? Maybe your *** is flat lol? Not sure why but I find them easier on the *** for longer trips. Also, the lumbar isn't bad if travelling a distance, but typically I never use it either. What I do miss though is the old syle head rest in my old T/A. It actually pulled forward, meeting the back of your head properly.

I never noticed shrinking leather however, what type of conditioner you use? Mine's parked in the sun most of the summer and still looks like new. I do like the cloth though for the hot/cold days though, agreed . My '95 had cloth, but I never really liked how it looked all that much, maybe the color didn't do it justice? I really do find the T/A seats more comfortable and obviously I'm not the only one . Maybe the Camaro's flatten out quicker as a result of different padding? Not real sure, but all the ones I've sat in just felt more like a bench seat than a bucket to me. That's why I suggested that the side bolsters may be different. Either way, I'm sure they're comparable enough, and it's like speaker sound, strictly subjective based on what sounds good to "your" ear. Except this is ***-specific lol. These are pony cars anyways, not Caddys .
Here is a random picture I found on the site that shows the condition:

As you can see, the vinyl center section stays at the original level, while the leather surfaces on either side of the top edge shrink over time. This is a very common sight, and something I was noticing pretty early in the life of mine as well.

Yeah, I have no clue what the comfort difference is to some. Maybe some body types just fit better in one seat or the other. For me, it's nothing that I've ever noticed, and I've spent many hours in both seats. In general, these cars fit me like a glove and frankly I find both to be comfortable. I just like the cloth better for the wear aspect and how much easier it is to live with in the hot/cold.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Teching In

OP-Like RPM mentioned, buy an intermediate mileage car that has been well cared for mechanically and cosmetically. Of course, this should be important to check out no matter what year/mileage car you buy. I do know what you mean about T/As seeming to fetch a few dollars more on average, in some areas. It's like that where I am as well, but the price difference in all reality is negligible and mostly because people think the WS-6 is a whole different animal .

Buy one you really like, taking into account the transmission you want (sometimes dependant on what type of driving it will be seeing and personal preference). Don't spend too much just to get what you consider to be a "mint" car. Start off with basic mods like a lid (anyone will do), catback (if the owner doesn't already have one) and then of course your tint of choice and maybe rims (not a priority imo right away though-up to you). Also, check and make sure the cd player works etc, if not I'd opt for a decent used one that works or an aftermarket deck w/ appropriate adaptor. Hold off on the sound system until you have the car awhile imo, because you may change your mind. These systems don't sound all that bad stock and will get you by.

I wouldn't recommend driving it all winter, but that's up to you as well. They are not great for winter and they are able to get sideways even in just rain-just something to keep in mind. Good luck with your purchase though, and check in here each and everytime for advice before you do a mod and drop money. These guys will save you a ton of money and it pays to get opinions and advice. If you don't like what you hear you don't have to take the advice, but always get a few opinions and think about how many of us have been where you. are and have wasted money. We may know a thing or two about a thing or two .
true point with the winter but i dont drive then, i may not buy the car but im going to look at it soon also alot of u guys are asses lol but i understand im a kid and u just think im dumb or ignorant but im not as dumb or slow paced with cars as u may think
Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

true point with the winter but i dont drive then, i may not buy the car but im going to look at it soon also alot of u guys are asses lol but i understand im a kid and u just think im dumb or ignorant but im not as dumb or slow paced with cars as u may think
you sure about that?
Old 07-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Teching In

sure about what?
Old 07-30-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

op how old are you?

Quick Reply: My Mod List 2002 WS6 Black on Black