General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Front license plates

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in a front plate state, and have been pulled over a few times, three in the bird, and never gotten a ticket for that, or my black outs. Never gotten a ticket at all actually. I got on guy that pulled me over JUST b/c of the front plate, but that guy was a dick, so **** him. Most cops are cool about it, as long as your not going 80 through a school zone, they shouldn't mention it. Its gay, and I will never run one.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sgt. Spuds
I live in a front plate state, and have been pulled over a few times, three in the bird, and never gotten a ticket for that, or my black outs. Never gotten a ticket at all actually. I got on guy that pulled me over JUST b/c of the front plate, but that guy was a dick, so **** him. Most cops are cool about it, as long as your not going 80 through a school zone, they shouldn't mention it. Its gay, and I will never run one.
hahaha it might make your car look better ..what is that a space ship
Old 07-19-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got a ticket for no front plate right after i bought the car. mounted one to the air dam and got harassed about thta for a while. ended up taking it off again and got a few warnings. and now recently even the city police(used to just be state troopers) have been harassing people around here about it and several people i know have gotten tickets now. and they arent even driving sports cars. so i figured if the city cops are getting into the habit i better put it back on. now its ziptied to my billet grille
Old 07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Originally Posted by austin21

Hey, **** you budy, you haven't even been here long enough to post in all the forums, let alone **** with me, so go suck a fat one buddy
Old 07-19-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

You two calm down you thread stealing ******.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

SLP plate bracket

Hey, **** you budy, you haven't even been here long enough to post in all the forums, let alone **** with me, so go suck a fat one buddy
you both joined in oct 05.

Last edited by Sh4Dy; 07-20-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:52 PM
Banned

Front plates are retarded. Of course NJ is stupid like that though and requires one, which totally ruins the appearance of the front end of the car. I'd like to put the stock plate cover on with the Phoenix over it, but the ******* scumbag cops in my town will write you up for it without hesitation, even if you've done nothing else wrong

Originally Posted by austin21
Is that really called for?? No, its not. Way to be an *******
Old 07-20-2006, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a ton of tickets for no front plate in my old Z28. They dish them out a lot in Jersey.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slw ls1
I've searched the topic and it looks like its been beaten pretty good but I'm still gonna ask because on my last car, a 92 AWD talon, in 17 months of owning that car I never had a plate on it but I was pulled over about 7 times for it. I only got a written warning once and verbal warnings the rest of the times.

The camaro im buying is from TN where they don't require front plates but the state I'm getting the car registerted in is MO, I'm not currently living there but I'm moving back in less than 2 months. My question is how many other f-body owners live in states with front plates? If you live in a state with front plates do you have them on the front of the car or not and just risk getting a ticket? If you have them on the car how did you incorporate it into the front without making it look like crap and making it stand out?

I personally don't like the look of the front with the plate on it and I'm trying to decide on what to do without making it look horrible.
i didn't have it on the front of my car until i got pulled over. It doesn't really make sense to keep it off if its prohibited in your state. It just gives police officers a reason to pull you over. O and usually when they pull you over, most likely they'll get you for something else as well.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 2000HTSS
i was in a Criminal Justice course in high school and our teacher was a policer officer and we talked about this subject. probable cause is a suspicious act or actions of an individual, so a no front plate is NOT probable cause . . . . . but maybe the laws are different in illinois, your state is closer to the inbred states so many some of your cops and sleeping with their brothers and sisters

now speeding or reckless driving is probable cause to pull someone over, but no front plate isn't.
god, this just strikes me as ignorant. your teacher must have been a moron . california, texas, florida or not... the law is the law. by your train of logic, there would be no way for a police officer to pull someone over for having expired tags, illegal tint, or a headlight out because they don't have "probable cause." the fact is, your vehicle is your responsibility and if it does not comply with all the saftey and operating standards of your state (including having a front plate), you can be stopped, period.

probable cause is a method used by law enforcement to establish conditions in which a judgement call can be made about a situation, NOT a justification for the enforcement of existing laws! probable cause is basically just a way for a cop to mess with you because it LOOKS like you MIGHT HAVE or MAY CONSIDER doing something wrong .

if you're driving down the street , observing all the rules of the road, traveling the speed limit, minding your own business , but you happen to have blood smeared all over your trunk hatch, it is reasonable for a cop to assume that you may have just finished hacking up your gf and sticking her in your trunk (it's the only way a dead body is going to fit ), even though the actuality may be that you cut your hand while working on your car (which should have been cleaned immediately, blood = bad for the paint ).

bottom line is that if a cop wants to mess with you, he can undoubtedly devise some legitimate reason for stopping you... and if not, he can always have "seen" something that will given him the reason he needs.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:24 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sh4Dy
SLP grill

you both joined in oct 05.

OWNED!
Old 07-20-2006, 05:40 PM
Launching!

where in MO are you movin to. i live in KCMO and haven't gotten a ticket yet.(knock on wood) only owned the car for about a month now tho. but cops around here are cool about that stuff. i got pulled over a week after i got the car for "excessive acceleration" but the cop let me off with a verbal warning and didn't say anything about the plate. i even had the cutout open and he was talkin to me about the car and said it sounded good, didn't say anything about to loud tho. but if i do get pulled over again i have the plate ready to throw in the windshield.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Teching In

I live in IL where you have to have a front plate and bought my car in IN where they do not require it. Bought my car on a Saturday and got pulled over on Sunday. No ticket though since I just bought it.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm moving back to KC. I've lived in KC for the last 18 years but last aug I moved to Indy to go to school. I'm done with that in sept and moving back to KC because I can not absoulty stand Indy any longer. I'm north of the river right by parkville and riverside if you know where that is.

Lets see, I've been pulled over by parkville cops, KC MO, platte county, riverside, staties, and again by parkville for no front plates. Thats the only reason they pulled me over, I got off with verbal warinings on all but one, that was a written warning, but the only reason they pulled me over was no front plate, they didn't have any other reason and I asked them every time I got pulled over.

What part of KC you from burnrubr
Old 07-21-2006, 06:48 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
Front plates are retarded. Of course NJ is stupid like that though and requires one, which totally ruins the appearance of the front end of the car. I'd like to put the stock plate cover on with the Phoenix over it, but the ******* scumbag cops in my town will write you up for it without hesitation, even if you've done nothing else wrong

Is that really called for?? No, its not. Way to be an *******
im just speaking the truth and you know it is ..dont lie to yourself
Old 07-21-2006, 06:53 AM
12 Second Club

again hahaha " let alone **** with you " like your some kind of tech god hahaha.....damn high school kids
Old 07-22-2006, 12:27 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by slw ls1
You two calm down you thread stealing ******.
Yeah, this thread has turned gay. Too much assclowning by the new guys. You're all new compared to me.

I think the front plates look better on Camaros when used with the stock grille compared to the 'birds. On the 'birds it just looks silly, doesn't blend at all.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Im putting the plate back on my 00 bird. I have the clear cover from afterthoughtsauto. My question is what screws are in the two lower holes in the holding it on? I have tried screwdrivers and am thinking it might be a torx or something.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:16 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Originally Posted by ws6togo
My question is what screws are in the two lower holes in the holding it on? I have tried screwdrivers and am thinking it might be a torx or something.
It is torx. Can't remeber the bit size off hand though.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

I got it! Clear cover on the license plate. Looks ok but I just got a ticket for mine after getting away with it for 4 years. Ticket cost $80. Clear cover bought from afterthoughtsauto.com cheaper than another ticket.....problem solved.

Will post up pics to show you other "bird" owners what it looks like.

Quick Reply: Front license plates