General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

are you guys paranoid about parking your car, and leaving it unattended??

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly don't think I'm ever going to drive my firebird again. I just can't stand how stupid people are, or maby they're jealous because my car doesn't suck (not an ls1 unfortunately, but hopefully will be one day) It seems like people don't care or even know if their car has dents in it or they are putting dents in your car.

At my school we all have assigned parking spots and whatnot and have to park in that spot. So I drove my firebird fresh with custom paint in mint condition figuring what the hell gotta try it, right? Three days later I have a dent in my door!! I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it though. I'm sorta friends with this kid and it was whoever was in his passenger seat so I could just tell him to talk to whoever it is... what I want to do is get a estimate for body work/paint and bitch at the vice principal about it, but my dad keeps telling me not to make a big deal out of it and it'll only be like 70 bucks to have the paintless dent repair guy fix it.

Anyway, kind of a rant, but I don't think I'll ever take the formula to school again, time to get a new trans for my truck that already has 5 or 10 dents in it and drive that
Old 09-11-2006, 01:29 AM
Teching In

My car is garaged. When I do go out with the car,I'm usually within eyeshot of it. I have had to use the FOB alarm when someone is parrallel parking and they pull close. I even used on a guy taking pictures once! He ran off, then returned later. We laughed once I told him it was me! I opened the car so he could take more photos. I said he was from Sweden and had never seen a Z06. Just trying to help with "foreign relations!"
Old 09-11-2006, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

i try to avoid parking the hawk anywhere near anything. I get so paranoid that soemthing will happen to it.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate parking next to cars period but when I have to, I instead just park next to a nice only because you can tell the owner takes care of their car. One time while on Base shopping at the Commissary I saw this lady get out of her car and literally let her door hit this other car, she stood there for a good while I guess trying to prepare herself to go shopping or whatever, she didn't care that her door was smacked up against another person's car or anything like that. After seeing that if I have to I'll park my car in the boondox to avoid anything like that happening to my car...
Old 09-11-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^Even when I see nice cars I'd still worry that some stupid woman is driving it.(no offense to anyone on here with an ls1, that's hot!) As an update for my bitching last night I'm pretty much over it. $50 to get it fixed and the guy goes right to where my dad works. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my car though because it kills me to see anything happen to it.

And for those who say "it's just a car", that doesn't work for me. Im sure we've all seen the car ad on tv that asks,"at what point does a car, become more than just a car?"...or something like that, but when you put hundreds of hours into your car down to every little detail, and then see someone put a dent in it not knowing or even caring that they did it, it hurts...idk, maby someone can put things into perspective for me, I just can't grasp something happening to my car.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

My Honda terrified to the point I can't enjoy it propperly, so bright side it only goes to autoX wheel 2 wheel etc.

My camaro not at all and that's great
Old 09-11-2006, 08:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i just park the bitch away from people, not becuase i'm afraid of what they'll do, it's just these damn doors are so long and when people park next to you it makes it tough to get in. and sides...it's only a camaro, not a bently or somthing expensive.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

I used to be paranoid but after being in college for 3 years you learn that there is nothing you can do, there are haters, a$$holes, and inconsiderate people out there and you can't change that. It is a car and although it sux if something happens to it, it can be repaired. I have too many other things to worry/be stressed about in college than to worry about my car 24/7.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 45 Likes on 26 Posts

umm, no. paraniod implies that it isnt a legitmate concern. im just plain terrified.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by YoungGunLs1
I used to be paranoid but after being in college for 3 years you learn that there is nothing you can do, there are haters, a$$holes, and inconsiderate people out there and you can't change that. It is a car and although it sux if something happens to it, it can be repaired. I have too many other things to worry/be stressed about in college than to worry about my car 24/7.
exactly
Old 09-14-2006, 09:19 AM
Launching!

I always park as far away as i can. The girl friend doesnt like it cuz she has to walk farther but i really dont care. I always put the car first lol. Maybe thats why my relationships dont really last.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Launching!

yeah, youd think if someone were to commit to a 20k obligation they would pay alittle more attention to what they are doing!! or atleast appreciate a beautiful car and the work/$$$$ someone did to get it where it is. people these days are just plain lazy, irresponsible, careless and lacking any common sense or respect for other peoples stuff. and its not just the stupid ones anymore, its the general public that I try to avoid! I hate parking lots!! I park away from everyone and walk, I watch my car like I would my kid, I have a two way responder for my alarm, parameter sensors so it chirps when you get within 1 foot of it. I am paranoid for good reasons. Ive been backed into on the front and rear, keyed a number of times, I got 2 nice door dents in my drivers side rear qtr panel from some guy in las vegas. luckly he was still parked next to me when I came out, I didnt have my "be good stick" with me so I beat the **** out of his suburban with my fist, every panel it helped me feel better but it didnt fix the eye sore on my car I had a guy back up onto my fiberglass hood at the local mall parking lot... sometimes I wish I had a beater ford festiva or something i dont care about so I return the favor to some of these idiots.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

**** yea im paranoid!! I lock it,....walk about ten to fifteen feet,....then walk back, unlock and lock it again and say "Locked" out loud so that my nerves are a bit more at ease. I've already had a car stolen before too so I guess thats why im like this.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DarkCloud
i dont get paranoid usually i leave the tops off.. but in shady/unfamiliar neighborhoods i make sure to lock up good.. is that a 97 ss by ne chance?
no its a 96SS
Old 09-19-2006, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JstALs1
I always park as far away as i can. The girl friend doesnt like it cuz she has to walk farther but i really dont care. I always put the car first lol. Maybe thats why my relationships dont really last.
I thought only I did that
Old 09-19-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I as well park it away from EVERYTHING. The college I'm at, the parking lot is completely full so I park it across the 4 lane road, at a nice gas station near the front. haha but I only go MWF, so it's all good.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Staging Lane

i just think its so funny bc i do all of the things mentioned. And my girlfriend is used to the fact that i have to find the perfect parking spot every time. lol.
she jokes about it. better to be safe than sorrry.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

I dont worry about pariking it at work we have a 20 foot fence with razor wire and two interlocking gates.

Everywhere else I park where I can see it or at least out of the way.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:26 PM
12 Second Club

of course i am i always park where i can see and and also out in bfe so no one will park next to cause lets face it most ppl now adays are to lazy to walk up to a store
Old 09-20-2006, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

I was paranoid to leave my car parked outside till some A$$ hole broke in to my TA thinking I had a freakin system in it. Luckily they didnt do too much damage just a broken window and stole my radar detector. But none of my guage's were stolen either though.

Quick Reply: are you guys paranoid about parking your car, and leaving it unattended??