General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Favorite Drive

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 08:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Default Favorite Drive

Describe your favorite drive in your T/A, the type drive that puts a smile on your face while cruising in your fully detailed machine.

Driving the Blue Ridge PKWY (any length of it) is the ultimate here in the mountains. Cool fresh air with views forever on those clear Spring or Fall days, especially with the top down. A close second, that is mainly geared to bikers, is the 'Tail of the Dragon' that stretches from NC to TN, getting to be known as the ultimate driving challenge with recent write-ups in Hemmings and other car magazines.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would have to say roaring down busy city streets when im in the city and down one of the main streets of my town back home. EVERYONE looks its great, specially coming back from the beach w/ ttops off.

sexy stuff
Old 09-19-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Regular

i pull out of my driveway.. point in the opposite direction of the mall.. and go .. its perfet.. but more specifically.. Everyone around here likes to cruise through valley forge park but if you really want a good drive you drive through it to the other side and its just open roads everywhere with great views...
Old 09-19-2006, 10:23 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Moving to General LSX Discussion (from Pontiac Firebird Forum)
Old 09-19-2006, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know you said favorite drive in your T/A...but I don't care.

I like to drive through the country (the boonies), I hate it when people are in front of/behind me when I'm out on a cruise. There's practically nobody out there, the scenery is breathtaking, and 1/2 of my favorite route was freshly paved last year. All the gas stations are small and reminiscent of the old-fashioned kind, no mega-12 pump places with a Dunkin' Donuts. In the fall the New England foilage is nice, and there's a smokehouse that always seems to be smoking ham in October (can be smelled for miles). The one time I've seen a cop with radar, I was doing 25mph over the limit and he just watched me go by.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did the Blue Ridge Parkway on the Hot Rod Power Tour. What could be better than that?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

down the track at MIR haha

its busy all the time where i live in northern virginia, so there are to many great places to drive. just alot of places to sit in traffic.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 506 Likes on 365 Posts

Default All LT1, LS1, etc welcome

I mistakenly put this in the Firebird only section. Please contribute with any 'ride' you have. Enjoying them!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

[FONT=Arial]Cody, Wyoming to Yellowstone park and back on the Chief Joseph Highway 250 mile of some of the best roads in the west
Attached Thumbnails Favorite Drive-ebay-443.jpg   Favorite Drive-ebay-444.jpg   Favorite Drive-ebay-452.jpg   Favorite Drive-ebay-455.jpg   Favorite Drive-ebay-440.jpg  

Last edited by Wyoming T/A; 09-21-2006 at 08:58 PM. Reason: cant spell, photos
Old 09-21-2006, 12:16 AM
TECH Resident

I really dont have a favorite place, just due to scenery or traffic.....But it's the back roads going out of a town or around a major city. Not much traffic if any, just to cruise, and be able to open her up on the starights and hold a nice line on the twisties!
Old 09-21-2006, 05:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My favorite drive would have to be the full loop around Oahu, Hawaii on a sunny day with my girlfriend and the tops off my camaro. Usually start up on North Shore and go down to Waikiki and come up around the windward side tryin to stay on Kam Highway the majority of the time.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:32 AM
TECH Addict

I love it this time of the year (fall/winter) when its cool and the tops and windows are down, just going joyriding, having that cool breaze ABSOLUTLY nothing like it unless maybe if I had a vette
Old 09-21-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

mine is anywhere that there isnt bumper to bumper traffic, but i love riding around at round 8PM when its nice and cool and i just ride through local hangouts and rev my straight headers up . but another 1 is like a 1 clock in the morning on the interstate no cars and really cold, cold air no cars Hmmmmmmm what could you do 90-145 roll sound nice
Old 09-21-2006, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up Cool Drives

Hwy 23 south from Eureka Springs, Ark. Or hwy 540 north into Fayetteville,Ark. My personal favorite would have to be the 90 mile stretch across the Talimena mountains starting from Mena, Ark. and continuing on into Broken Bow, Oklahoma. All of it across the top of those mountains. Mile after beautiful mile of scenic overlooks. No gas stations or food vendors, just mountain top scenes and forest. Bikers come from miles around from as far away as Texas and Louisiana to challenge the curves and steep valleys. You will be driving into clouds at times, its that high of elevation . At times you just want to pull over and try to take it all in. Be sure to bring a camera and binoculars . This road was made for convertbiles and tee-top cars and bikers. If you are a driver and who amongst us isn't, who just loves the enjoyment of driving just for the sake of driving you will continue to come back to these mountains at least once a year, where there is little or no traffic to speak of ,oh, you may pass another vette or two but mostly only people like us ,enjoying or cars ~ with or without our ladies ~ & music blasting out our favorite cd.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:35 PM
Teching In

My personally like the drive through the FL Keys with the top down . thats a very nice drive, the blue ridge park way is second best however i did it in a ford

Last edited by Fire_N_Ice; 09-21-2006 at 09:42 PM.