General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My sh*t got broken into...

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unhappy My sh*t got broken into...

God damn I am pissed off...
My Z28 got broken into last night. There was no major damages and no signs of forcible entry, but my hood was open and my doors were unlocked. I always lock my doors (and always give it double check). My center console was emptied out all over the car but my change holder was still full and some was sitting in the bottom of the console . My glove box hadnt been opened and there was no sign of messing w/ the steering column. I pop the hatch to check if my 12 disc and cd's are still there, and they are... and then I realize my toolbox is gone... NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are the only tools that I have, so that kinda pissed me off. I guess they were in a hurry cuz nothing seemed to be missing other than that. Thank goodness they didnt try to take the car...
Old 09-22-2006, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Damn sorry to hear that. Glad there was no damage to the car at least.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn that sucks man.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That sucks dude! Sorry to hear that.
A few years back that happened to me. Only difference is that I caught the girl in the act and she ran me over with my own car while she was driving off. Long story but I **** you not!
Maybe something scared them away. Someone must have come out and they freaked a took what they could at that moment.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you are 1 lucky guy i would be grateful they took just my tools i mean seriously what if they broke you column and cut all your wires and took your HU i mean think positive, but i would now invest in a car alarm.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's kind of a double edged sword how easy or cars are to break into. A broom, rod, or any such object a few feet long and you can unlock a car door in less than 5 seconds therefore no outside damage to the car. I had to do this once when I had my car running and my alarm remote all of a sudden stopped working.

Thieves are scum and should be shot on sight by the way.
Old 09-22-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

I actually do have the stock alarm on it, but yeah I know I am lucky that they just took my tools but no one ever wants their car broken into. Eventually (w/in the next six months) I am planning on getting the 791xv from viper...
Old 09-22-2006, 03:30 PM
Launching!

That does suck man, been there done that. It could have been worse...
Old 09-22-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dal1as
It's kind of a double edged sword how easy or cars are to break into. A broom, rod, or any such object a few feet long and you can unlock a car door in less than 5 seconds therefore no outside damage to the car. I had to do this once when I had my car running and my alarm remote all of a sudden stopped working.

Thieves are scum and should be shot on sight by the way.
How do you break into a car with a broom??? Rods yeah, but a broom? Maybe Im missing something here.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:10 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Invest in a garage!

I cant stand having my car sleep outside over night.

Tony.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:13 PM
Banned

Hood open=emory dust in the crank case...who knows? I would freak out the most over the hood open than anything else.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Invest in a garage!
I live in an apartment complex and I am a college student... Kind of hard to get a hold of a garage. The problem w/ 4th gens is that we have no window frame. You could just about fit a broom in there if you wanted to to reach the unlock button.
Old 09-22-2006, 05:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

before I got my TA, I had a 98 white single cab Sierra, 4'6' drop, 22's shaved, the works. the only night I had left it outside, cause it was late and I was lazy, it got broken into. stole my whole system and busted the passenger side window and the paint got scratched. Now that I have the TA I make my friends pull their car out and I park my car in their garage.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

that sux sry to hear it
Old 09-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 71-Camaro-98
I live in an apartment complex and I am a college student... Kind of hard to get a hold of a garage. The problem w/ 4th gens is that we have no window frame. You could just about fit a broom in there if you wanted to to reach the unlock button.
Leave your keys under the seat, it wont unlock with the keys in the car like that (roommate found out the hard way with his 98 firebird V6, lol)
Old 09-23-2006, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Charging TA
How do you break into a car with a broom??? Rods yeah, but a broom? Maybe Im missing something here.

Just pull the window out a bit, push the broom handle down and tap the unlock button or if the alarm shuts that function down you can jimmy the slider.

(Note. I only know how to do this because I've had to break into my own car and friends before. I'm a pretty good problem solver. I hate thieves)
Old 09-23-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Leave your keys under the seat, it wont unlock with the keys in the car like that (roommate found out the hard way with his 98 firebird V6, lol)
bad call first places to look for keys are visors, under seat, and center console. All you need is a slim jim and that door is open to unwelcome thieves. Stock alarm will go off but will turn off with the turn of the key.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Dal1as
Just pull the window out a bit, push the broom handle down and tap the unlock button or if the alarm shuts that function down you can jimmy the slider.

(Note. I only know how to do this because I've had to break into my own car and friends before. I'm a pretty good problem solver. I hate thieves)
Unlock button doesnt work after a short period of the car being shut off... Slimjim I understand, and using a rod to move the slider too.
Old 09-24-2006, 04:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by g-ryde1
bad call first places to look for keys are visors, under seat, and center console. All you need is a slim jim and that door is open to unwelcome thieves. Stock alarm will go off but will turn off with the turn of the key.
He meant it was a little more difficult to get in the car with the keys locked in it. It wasn't a suggestion to leave em'. Took me a second to get it!
Old 09-24-2006, 04:12 PM
Teching In

I know how you feel man. Exact thing happened to me. Do you have an alarm with an blinking light? I accidently left it unlock and they got lucky. Well sucks man good luck.