General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Which car is more popular
Camaro
24.66%
Mustang
75.34%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Who gets more love Mustangs or Camaros

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 03:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuBbABFP
Mustang, Every one tells me "Hey man u got one badass camaro, but i dunno i think a GT can beat you" LOL
For sure. I told this girl I know I got a new car, she asked what so I told her. "My mom's new GT Premium would kill you"
Old 10-26-2006, 03:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Mustang..... easily gets more love. Cause their so fast
Old 10-26-2006, 03:36 AM
On The Tree

My buddies 05 stg 1 roush gt with cai, tune, short shifter Lost to a stock a4 ls1. How are mustangs faster???
Old 10-26-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

mustangs do get a lot more attention even from chicks,but when your rolling around with you ttops off thats a different story. you know you get dirty looks,and looks from chicks and they deff like that TSP calling there panties. but stangers do get more attention. they dont like it when those amber driving lights showing up to whip some AZZ haha
Old 10-26-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 95 Z28
I'll go out to the store for my mom in her 96 faded red V6 Mustang and get compliments and looks from all over, especially moms . When I had my 95 Z/28, nobody would look twice. Boggles my mind.

Agreed, I had an 05 GT park next to me (when they were still a bit newer) at the gym and when I came out there were like 12 people all swarmed around it. It was stock ,BONE STOCK. He was reving it up real hard. I fired up the Camaro, LT's. ORY, Cutout open, Cammed, and only like 1 person turned for like a sec. I dont get it....Blows the mind.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:33 AM
TECH Resident

i think it's the simple fact that mustangs are still in production and f-body's are dead forever...the new camaro is based on the Zeta platform, IIRC
Old 10-26-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plus, You Got To Look At All The Body Kits They Make For The Stangs. U Figure You Got Like 50 Different Kinds Of Stangs, Saleen, Gt, Roush, Cobra, Mach 1, Yada Yada...but Our Cars Pretty Much Kill Half Of All Of Them..lol. Thats Whats Funny. Its Funny When U Got A Guy Who Thinks His Mustang Is Fast Just He Installed A Flowmaster Muffler..hahaha..those Guys Are The Greatest. And Like Every Mod Is 15 Hp..lol.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:17 AM
TECH Regular

I like driving somthing that you dont see every day. I see no joke 6 or 7 stangs a day even my good buddy has one. i just feel proud to own a camaro flat out thats it.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:39 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
who cares?

typical, all newbs responded to this thread.
Yep, you're a newb to me

I tried to vote "FIREBIRD", but for some reason it would accept that answer.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I dont know what yall are talking about with camaro being more expensive Ive always noticed that mustangs seemed to hold their value better.
I would write a long anecdote about mustnags but Ill just put that their Gay. Except the Mach 1s (EWW I love those)
Old 10-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Ford has been really smart about marketing the Mustang. They offer a lot of options and like many of you said, they are more affordable than a Camaro/firebirds. I don't remember any comercials of f-bodies, not even a GTO. I looks like GM doesn't really care about advertising. I remember that when I was in High school I was so dumb that I used to think that "Mustangs" were the fastest cars in the world and what would beat Ferraries and Lambos It is all about adverstising. I apologize for being so dumb (thank God I changed my mind after seeing a Trans Am for the this time). Sadly, some people still think like this Mustangs=Fast (Cobras and Mach1's are cool though).... I have been through the same, like some of you.... People just don't know what a Trans Am is. Even some dude at a gas station ask one day "What kind of Mustang is this???" I was like What the f...?
Old 10-26-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, some of you wanted to see the Trans Am Commerical, so I uploaded it for you.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...63617155325407
Old 10-26-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i voted mustang just because like said above, they are EVERYWHERE. also the advertising is crazy. not everyone even knows the difference between a firebird, TA, and a camaro. I.E. everytime my cars freshly waxed or washed or whatever, people are like ,"is that your camaro? its nice" and my response is always,"trans am? yea that mine.. thanks.."
Old 10-26-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by like the view?
Anyone can buy a mustang. F-bodies are built with many of the same fundamentals of the dodge viper and that is why there are more accidents with them.
I'm kinda new here, so I will share what I have learned from this thread so far: Camaros are rare, are very prone to accidents, and are pretty much just like Vipers?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Mustangs ..... Cause their pretty , they have way more comfortable interior , they are quiet , (most) everyone can change the sparkplugs , and every-damn-one and their momma has one , so naturally its cool to have one Maybe its just me , if i go one day without seeing at least 15 mustangs - something is terribly wrong. Its not that I dont like them , I just like to be different (and I would get disowned if I ever pulled up at my dads house in a Ford)
Old 10-26-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i think it depends on the type of people.

my brother in law has a mustang and alot of attention goes to his car,
electric green and chrome cobra r wheels, so my car is just there.

teenie bopper girls notice mustangs more often too, but then again, alot of them drive 6 cyl models because daddy buys it for them.

little kids always say, " aw cool look at that camaro " but the chicks dig the mustangs.

oh well. my girl likes my car
Old 10-26-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Beasst8
Agreed, I had an 05 GT park next to me (when they were still a bit newer) at the gym and when I came out there were like 12 people all swarmed around it. It was stock ,BONE STOCK. He was reving it up real hard. I fired up the Camaro, LT's. ORY, Cutout open, Cammed, and only like 1 person turned for like a sec. I dont get it....Blows the mind.
that's wrong,
but most people would think there's something wrong with your car.
like my g/f thinks the car is going to die out, i say, that's the way it should sound.

car guys ( people ) know about cars and how they work, in a general sense.

but everyone knows mustangs whether they know anything about cars or not.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TAEnvy
I dont know what yall are talking about with camaro being more expensive Ive always noticed that mustangs seemed to hold their value better.
I would write a long anecdote about mustnags but Ill just put that their Gay. Except the Mach 1s (EWW I love those)
in the autofocus ( local used car publication ) the mustangs are usually dirt cheap, then camaros and then the t/a's

i do not know how any of you guys afford those things
Old 10-26-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Regular

The mustangs get more love as has been stated. People also thought they were faster then Fbodies.

My buddy has an 01 Cobra. Everybody swore up and down his was faster then my car. I was about dead even maybe a tad faster then him, me in an A4 and him in a manual (this was before he forged the motor out and put 18 pounds of boost on it). Now funny thing is we always went to a local car show on Tuesdays and parked side by side. One day a WS6 with Corvette fuel rail covers on it parked next to us and everybody said it was the fastest because it had the Corvette engine in it! Sad thing was I had a hundred shot of gas headers and exhaust and the same guy said the "Firebird with the corvette motor" was faster!
Old 10-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Chiccks and pop culture love mustangs. It is considered the step below the corvette as far as american sports cars go. If you come across a car enthusiast that isn't a ford guy, you will get more attention. Chickslove the stang for some reason, but every girl I have had in my T/A changed their mind. I got attention with my car, but my buddy with a fox body got alot more. I say just live with it and enjoy kicking the smug looks off of mustang driver's faces. I ran door to door with a 03 Mach 1 in my intake and exhaust LT1, you should have seen the look on that guys face.